Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12761 12762 [12763] 12764 12765 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15878467 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #191430 on: November 30, 2019, 02:52:31 pm »

Welcome! Your "god is dead" teeshirt should arrive in the mail shortly. Make sure to remind everyone that you meet! :D

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #191431 on: November 30, 2019, 03:17:30 pm »

Welcome! Your "god is dead" teeshirt should arrive in the mail shortly. Make sure to remind everyone that you meet! :D

Heh. Lucky for everyone I meet, I'd be too socially inept to keep that up.

Also: sorry Dunamisdeos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191432 on: November 30, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »

I have realized I have no reason to believe Christianity and I no longer consider myself a Christian.
Hey man, it's quite the ride. I helped a friend of mine "come out of the confessional" a number of years back. It's not for everybody! You've got people here supporting you on your way and ready to talk if you need it.

And yes, it is quite freeing! Glad to hear you still find some positives in the community, I actually worked as a chaplain's assistant in the army (his third atheist assistant in a row) and while I didn't personally get a whole lot out of the sermons, it was nice helping make people feel at home and happy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191433 on: November 30, 2019, 05:21:54 pm »

To be honest, the one piece of advice I have gotten over the years from well-to-do people, under various circumstances and pretenses, is to maintain a healthy religious presence.  Most say I dont need to believe, only pay lipservice.

I agree with most of them that being nominally religious is worth the time.  Socially its a good look.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191434 on: November 30, 2019, 05:53:15 pm »

Well, I mean, that's the trope... But even that is changing in places around the world. In Norway it's not uncommon to technically be a member of the church (most citizens are automatically registered upon baptism, and baptism is still a big your-family-expects-you-to-do-it tradition), but it's highly uncommon to actually go to church or be a "believer" in the traditional sense. It's only in very specific communities that you'd get bonus points for being churchy, otherwise folks just look at you weird.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191435 on: November 30, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »

To be honest, the one piece of advice I have gotten over the years from well-to-do people, under various circumstances and pretenses, is to maintain a healthy religious presence.  Most say I dont need to believe, only pay lipservice.

I agree with most of them that being nominally religious is worth the time.  Socially its a good look.

Subject to the usual disclaimer about tailoring your image to your social circle, sure. My case is apparently the inverse of yours: the folks who wash my glassware and maintain my robots go to church weekly and a few wear religious symbols, but the people who work with me rather than for me, not so much.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191436 on: December 01, 2019, 06:06:00 am »

The trick is to make friends exclusively with LGBT+ Communists. Then nobody has any expectations about your religious affiliations. :)

Edit: I do somewhat jest- with any sufficiently diverse friendgroup, religious affiliations become extremely varied.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191437 on: December 01, 2019, 11:56:09 am »

The Rift S I ordered the other day arrived. Gonna be a bit before I can try it out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191438 on: December 01, 2019, 12:53:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:29:05 am by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #191439 on: December 01, 2019, 12:56:40 pm »

Just reunited with my local kebab man. Truly I have returned home. Everything else is shite but kebab man is always good

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #191440 on: December 01, 2019, 01:25:51 pm »

Just reunited with my local kebab man. Truly I have returned home. Everything else is shite but kebab man is always good
I am actually happy to hear this.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191441 on: December 01, 2019, 02:49:02 pm »

Kabab is the only good thing in this world, and its existence proves that this is the best available timeline.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #191442 on: December 01, 2019, 02:59:08 pm »

Ok bad news is my family have reacted badly to my return and I'm leaving again in two weeks. Good news is I have kebab. It hurts to be rejected by the people you give everything for; it heals to be well-fed

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191443 on: December 01, 2019, 03:36:41 pm »

Ok bad news is my family have reacted badly to my return and I'm leaving again in two weeks. Good news is I have kebab. It hurts to be rejected by the people you give everything for; it heals to be well-fed
Have a hug. (If you'd like)

*Hug*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191444 on: December 02, 2019, 09:10:01 am »

I have the other side of that coin to be happy about. No kebabs and I slept in my car Thursday night, but in exchange, my parents are gone from my life again. Now nobody can tell me I'm worthless all of the time except me, and I'm working on that.

My job might be moving across town and I've been having problems with my phone, so I might get a complete fresh start soon.
Pages: 1 ... 12761 12762 [12763] 12764 12765 ... 13326