Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12633 12634 [12635] 12636 12637 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845356 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189510 on: March 22, 2019, 01:19:09 pm »

King Arthur comes back demanding to see the finest Sawsmith in the lands...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189511 on: March 22, 2019, 01:22:37 pm »

He had a really awesome idea for a deck on his castle. Nevermind the castles been in ruins for 1500 years. It needs a new deck.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189512 on: March 22, 2019, 04:54:40 pm »

He had a really awesome idea for a deck on his castle. Nevermind the castles been in ruins for 1500 years. It needs a new deck.
Checks out, yeah.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189513 on: March 22, 2019, 04:58:17 pm »

She didn't like my idea to chop the round table up and joint it back together with sliding dovetails and pinned mortises, when I started to argue she threated to excaliblast me so I said fuck it and left her to deal with that Mordred prick herself.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #189514 on: March 23, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »

What is the airspeed of an unladen dovetail saw
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #189515 on: March 23, 2019, 03:54:43 pm »

threated to excaliblast me.
I want you to whisper those words to my ear.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189516 on: March 23, 2019, 06:16:00 pm »

This morning, during my drunken, semi-conscious attempts at getting home after falling asleep on the (wrong) train, I realised I didn't have my phone with me.
I was on the verge of despair, asking some dude where I would find the station's lost property office and all that, until I rushed back down to the platform I'd arrived on for one last, desperate search - and found it just sitting on a bench.
Thank heck for that. Oh my goodness.
Last night may have pretty much been a lurid exhibition of most of the unhealthy social habits I have discussed with my shrink, and it may have left me penniless, but I can't really be upset when I consider I almost lost my phone - but didn't.

Also, I remember the names of no less than four people I met last night. One of those was someone I'd met before and forgotten the name of, but still.
I feel pretty accomplished. I normally forget people's names at least half a dozen times even whilst sober.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189517 on: March 23, 2019, 11:48:10 pm »

I spent most of the day playing that Xpiratez thing people have been talking about lately. It's gloriously cheesy (think bad pulp novels, complete with cover art of scantily-clad women fighting monsters) and yet has all the fun tactical action of good old X-COM.

I may be slightly addicted. Welp.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189518 on: March 25, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

My wife and son are worth every hardship on the world and I'll do anything for then to be safe, sound and happy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189519 on: March 25, 2019, 01:15:07 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:29:39 pm by JoshuaFH »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189520 on: March 25, 2019, 02:08:12 pm »

Realize that entertaining and fun thing that's in your head rather than worrying about if it's entertaining to other people.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189521 on: March 25, 2019, 02:11:24 pm »

And watch Sanderson's writing lessons
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189522 on: March 25, 2019, 02:18:10 pm »

There's some more, there's honestly too many balls for this juggling act of a story, and writing it down it sounds honestly kinda trite, because in my head the entire story is told through the secondhand hearsay of nearly unrelated parties and not from the characters themselves, which is harder to represent here but makes total sense and is very entertaining in my head.

You know, I once designed an RPG around this premise, albeit as a more generic version of Analogue: A Hate Story. PCs were to be dropped into derelict spaceships (and eventually space constructs of unknown origin and purpose) to figure out what happened and, if possible, salvage them; nobody actually responsible for the whatever-it-was was ever to have left behind an actual log or anything.

The limited tests I ran were promising, and yes, it was very entertaining watching them try to get into the heads of people centuries dead and figure out which AIs were only pretending to be broken.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:19:58 pm by Trekkin »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189523 on: March 25, 2019, 08:02:07 pm »

While most people are without power or internet yet again, I'm with both.

Dunno why because even the central hospital district hasn't have power which is odd. Maybe the heavens have taken mercy upon us for once?

It probably won't last but we are enjoying it trhougly while it does.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189524 on: March 25, 2019, 10:19:49 pm »

We had shitty cable/internet issues last night/earlier today but I didn't really care because I was busy.

Naturally I'm not content at the idea of only having a single handle size available, but calling them small or large is bleh.

Unlike that fucking coffee place, I have a method to my madness. Smilodon came in three species, the smallest were called Gracilis or "graceful ones" I think, next largest Fatalis (which probably was supposed to imply it being fatal, but actually works out as fated or destined), and last but furthest from least would be Populator or "one who devastates/lays waste" and is generally the one people think of as the La Brea cats. I've got a larger Populator scale handle set aside but will need to check my stock to pick out pieces that can fit that much pattern cleanly.

I'm almost embarrassed looking at some of my old handles now. A few are still nice looking in their own way but some which I was super happy with are just funny looking after seeing how goddamn stylish and crisp these are.

Naturally when you're using hand tools you head towards a desired goal and risk errors or compromises as you close in on your finished project. Slapping a pattern on a piece of wood and running it through a bandsaw is a simple way to reproduce the same outcome each time, but the risks change from flawed results with hand work over to serious injury or impairment with powered tools. Rather than trying to exactly reproduce a pattern I try to get the identifiable features in place and see how the different grain patterns show before deciding what to accentuate or reduce to get an aesthetically pleasing piece free of flaws and defects. Just among these four I had to vary some of the features like the upper/lower horn curvature and how far the fangs wrap towards each other to avoid knots and whatnot while keeping the grain alignment necessary to withstand frequent usage. Side by side you can see some of the shaping and sizing changes, but the main differences are only clear when you hold one or the other because it's really clear when one just blends into your grip seamlessly while the other feels great but wants you to adjust to it. I could happily use a Gracilis or Populator sized handle but they don't hit exactly the right parts of my hand with exactly the right shapes and textures like a Fatalis does for me, or the missus' custom Neofelis does for her little fingers. Saw handle sizing is a remarkably complicated task!

All in all I'm pretty happy with how these are progressing, now if only I could figure out why my thinkmeat wants to call the little ridge+hollow transitions "boning" because I can't find any similar usage of the term outside of shit like girdle inlays, the fuck is going on up there, brain?
Pages: 1 ... 12633 12634 [12635] 12636 12637 ... 13326