Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12570 12571 [12572] 12573 12574 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812915 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188565 on: December 29, 2018, 08:15:44 am »

I figured out how to make my own silicone foam rubber, with COTS materials.  I think I will experiment with making a Hollywood-style makup appliance sometime. It has a Play-Doh like consistency when working, so this might be fun.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188567 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:10 am »

I figured out how to make my own silicone foam rubber, with COTS materials.  I think I will experiment with making a Hollywood-style makup appliance sometime. It has a Play-Doh like consistency when working, so this might be fun.
Would you share how with me. If the materials are inexpensive I could make a toy for Peter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188568 on: December 29, 2018, 12:05:06 pm »

OK-- Not so sure it is baby safe...  Seeing as it uses type 1 industrial RTV silicone...  but OK.

Needed materials:

1) Vegetable Glycerin
2) Corn starch
3) Type 1 silicone bathroom caulking (I used clear, but any color will work. NEEDS to be type 1 silicone though. I have also successfully used high temp automotive gasket maker. So the secret sauce is that it is type 1 silicone. The kind of type 1 silicone does not seem to matter.)
4) A small amount of water, About 3 to 4 mL per 100mL of caulk
5) Optional- Food coloring
6) Recommended- rubber gloves, disposable mixing container

Process:

Combine water, food color, and vegetable glycerin.  Stir in corn starch until it reaches the consistency of heavy cake frosting.
Put on rubber gloves.  Add type 1 industrial silicone, and mix thoroughly. (Depending on how firm you want the foam, go between a 1:1 mix of silicone to cornstarch mix, to a 1:2 mix of silicone to cornstarch. More cornstarch will result in a softer, lower-density foam.) Once mixed, the clock is ticking. (Type 1 silicone is activated by the water) At first it will 'sag' when left to stand, but as the silicone sets up, it will become more silly putty like, and will hold its shape, but you dont really have a lot of time. Using a mold would be benefical. (pam cooking spray, or just a light oil would work well to prevent sticking. More of the glycerin would probably work too.).  Shape appropriately, and let cure for about 1 to 2 hours.
Once set, it will be very firm to the touch. However, because the starch was wetted completely with the glycerin, it will wash out of the rubber when submerged and gently squeezed.  Depending on how thick you made it, it might take awhile to get it all washed out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188569 on: December 29, 2018, 12:05:25 pm »

How new though? Saw my first notched-screen phone in person the other day while waiting in line at Joann's, and I'm not nearly as sold on those as I am the little bodyslide or popup or even just a clean little hole like the S10 is supposed to sport. Until then I'm digging the 1080x2160 screen and BLUR ALL THE THINGS camera on this moto g6.
I dunno, it's pretty new. An LG V20. So... not super-new, but new enough. Pretty sure it fell off the back of a truck somewhere in Korea. :P

Notched-screen? What do you mean, exactly? I don't keep up with this shit. My new phone is weird enough, with a fingerprint pad on the back and a second, tiny screen above the main one to display snippets of info while the other screen slumbers.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188570 on: December 29, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »

Bought a suit worth at least £350 new today. Fits rather well. Got it for £5 in a charity shop, worn very little.

Other successful purchases include cheap black jeans, and a vintage silk black tie that my father bought me but none of us have figured out how to wear.
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188571 on: December 29, 2018, 08:25:32 pm »

Heh, one of my friends years ago had an older brother who was a painter and kinda a dick sometimes, started asking him how caulk tastes, "not very good", ah, why can't you keep caulk out of your mouth then?
How new though? Saw my first notched-screen phone in person the other day while waiting in line at Joann's, and I'm not nearly as sold on those as I am the little bodyslide or popup or even just a clean little hole like the S10 is supposed to sport. Until then I'm digging the 1080x2160 screen and BLUR ALL THE THINGS camera on this moto g6.
I dunno, it's pretty new. An LG V20. So... not super-new, but new enough. Pretty sure it fell off the back of a truck somewhere in Korea. :P

Notched-screen? What do you mean, exactly? I don't keep up with this shit. My new phone is weird enough, with a fingerprint pad on the back and a second, tiny screen above the main one to display snippets of info while the other screen slumbers.   
The always on displays were an interesting mini-trend but going full-screen is the latest push apparently, it's not always executed well but until companies figure out the best way to get a camera to see through the back of a screen it's either: camera hole somewhere, full notch, sliding section/pop-up camera, or being teased unmercifully by the other manufacturers over the bezel size of your latest flagship.

As solid proof of my increasing upper body strength/decreasing weight, I can do a steadily increasing number of pushups.
As proof of my growing older I can do nowhere near the number I used to do, and seriously doubt I could even manage the single wobbly handstand pushup (press I think is more accurate) I did when I was like 19?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188572 on: December 31, 2018, 06:55:35 pm »

I think having a family member born January first sorta crossed my wires for New Years Eve.  Instead of having a drinking party, the past few years I've found myself watching my favorite game streamers.  None none of them were on this time, though.

Instead, I found a stream of someone who... Apparently plays metal gear solid marathons.  Came in on the credits of MGS1 Twin Snakes, and just joined in a bunch of memery, references, and KOJIMA IS GOD chanting.

There's just something nostalgic and hopeful about New Years, I like it just fine this way.  Now that this stream's over, there's a Retro Synthwave stream with a pretty lively chat...

(Guess I'll watch the local not-Apple drop at midnight too)
(Oh yeah happy New Year, let us look to the future etc, hehe I found someone to talk about the Matrix with)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188573 on: December 31, 2018, 08:03:41 pm »

I don't really like New Year's, but it's certainly not as bad as Christmas. Just a little nihilism and loneliness.

Then again, I don't really like this thread either. So take that as you will.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188574 on: December 31, 2018, 10:20:04 pm »

Happy new year to all of you alcoholic midgets with magnificent beards!

Edit: It's still 40 minutes away from here, but I guess I'll be either sleep or busy to write latter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:22:24 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188575 on: December 31, 2018, 10:28:33 pm »

I'm a little early as well, but happy incoming 2919 everyone!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188576 on: January 01, 2019, 12:13:38 am »

Did I spent 900 years in a coma?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188577 on: January 01, 2019, 12:25:41 am »

Did I spent 900 years in a coma?

We're Rimworld now my dudes.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188578 on: January 01, 2019, 01:02:30 am »

Happy New Year.

*fancy lights*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #188579 on: January 01, 2019, 01:04:20 am »

Happy second best day to murder someone, folks. We'll see best day in about seven months.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 12570 12571 [12572] 12573 12574 ... 13326