Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826027 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #18840 on: August 31, 2010, 01:51:33 am »

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18841 on: August 31, 2010, 01:55:40 am »

I thought he was talking about a type of cat.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18843 on: August 31, 2010, 02:01:50 am »

It seems the band has already finished preforming, and you guys just missed them. I guess you could say you guys...

Missed the Punchline.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18844 on: August 31, 2010, 02:02:58 am »

I made easy trig homework even easier by writing a couple of programs for my calculator that solve for non-right triangles and find their areas.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18845 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:22 am »

... I was talking about the cat.

And... dwarf... mc dwarf. eh.

'Metal' was originally used to describe an object... Made of metal.

Obviously if the word can be skullfucked around into it being used as a genre of music, it can also be turned into an adjective. Which it has been. So go update your vocabulary and stop attempting wit, when you really don't possess it.

And watch Metalocalypse. Because that show is Metal.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
Ergo: Metal
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:36:41 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18846 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:43 am »

I love those guys... cute little shellfish-eating, aquatic gremlin-weasels. They're probably the closest thing I've got to a totem animal, and when helping my friend sell his art at a furry con last year, I adopted the otter as my official animal-thinger.

No more anklyosaurus?  Aww =(

Meh.  I was always big on tigers.  Used to have dreams about them, which is kind of weird because animals pretty much never show up for me.

I really like the weasel family (mustelidae) in general. Back when I read the Redwall books* as a kid, I loved the Badger dudes. Working with the small mammals at a pet store for a year or so saw me fall in love with Ferrets too (though Beastmaster probably didn't help). I got a toy pine martin from my artist friend as well, which now resides atop my computer desk, staring regally across the room... and they've definitely earned a special place among Favorite Animals. I mean, look at these bastards, and tell me they aren't adorable.

However, I still have an Ankylosaurus on my car dashboard, and on my half of the bathroom counter too. They'll always be my favorite dinosaur. :P

--
* Speaking of dreams about animals, I once dreamed the entire plot of one of the Redwall books, in the form of a fully orchestrated musical, with rhyming and cadenced (albeit largely nonsense) lyrics. Sadly, I only was able to scribble 3 bars of one of the songs, before the specifics faded.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18847 on: August 31, 2010, 04:06:41 am »

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18848 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:09 am »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18849 on: August 31, 2010, 06:28:16 am »

My point has been proven. And in the most Metal fashion.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18850 on: August 31, 2010, 06:29:52 am »

Spoiler: Pads off get! (click to show/hide)
Oh god >.>  That's just... gah.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18851 on: August 31, 2010, 06:41:16 am »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18852 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:06 am »

Check Penny Arcade's store.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18853 on: August 31, 2010, 07:31:02 am »

I'm cold-resistant, short, and have walked 8 miles barefoot over pumice without complaint.  I'm also reasonably well-versed in medieval French and English.

That said, the probability of my getting to join the ranks of the priests is fairly low, given my distinct lack of noble heritage.  The most probable ending (though one I don't like contemplating) is that I'd end up considered mentally ill, a witch, or both.

After this, you guys got close, but the goal is to remove as much guesswork as possible with research and picking a well defined location and time. That way you can actually simulate the whole thing, learn something and turn a daydream into a novel! =]  Although you probably want to start it as a diary, with omniscient side-notes as reminders of details.
 And yes, the main goal is to survive, then end up playing an extremely detailed civilization game.
 A ~cheat I use when playing this game is to set it so the freakish anomaly in the fabric of space-time that shifted you did not change your date of death. That way you get to make choices until at least 2011, and see just how your altered world compares to the world of today.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18854 on: August 31, 2010, 07:56:03 am »

NOTHING HAPPENED HERE.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:58:36 am by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 13326