Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12552 12553 [12554] 12555 12556 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832614 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188295 on: December 14, 2018, 07:29:48 am »

We are more or less vegetarian, not by choice really but because economics, the last couple of months without fridge specially.

I don't feel particularly well or better than before, but that migth be because we don't have as much legumes to make up for the lack of protein, so beans and lentils go directly to my wife and baby and any spare is for me.

Eggs have been a great saviour however and whenever I can afford it I buy a carton (here they come in boxes of 30 units). Dunno if the local artisan goat cheese has any proteins but is the other animal product we can afford in quantities.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188296 on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:46 am »

Dunno if the local artisan goat cheese has any proteins but is the other animal product we can afford in quantities.

It's got 22g of protein per 100g serving, per the USDA. Less than some cow's milk cheeses, but still, it's something.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188297 on: December 14, 2018, 07:57:12 am »

Dunno if the local artisan goat cheese has any proteins but is the other animal product we can afford in quantities.

It's got 22g of protein per 100g serving, per the USDA. Less than some cow's milk cheeses, but still, it's something.
It's a fine source.  Unless you're a bodybuilder it's not necessary to have a massive protein intake anyways; the body needs comparatively little of it to maintain itself. It is good to have a better intake of it when encountering starvation situations however, as Baal et al. have been going through.

Perhaps more importantly, cheeses are usually very good sources of fat, which is an excellent energy source. If you've got the choice between 100g of carbohydrates and 100g of fats, the fats will keep you going for much longer. In general.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188298 on: December 14, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

...also no coffee, sugar, or alcohol for what that's worth.
Um, well, gosh. o_________o
I'm honestly not sure how I would cope (with life in general, not veganism) without coffee and alcohol, but you do you fam.
Your vegetable habits sound pretty awesome, though. Personally I'm pretty sure I get the majority of my B12 from nutritional yeast (which I don't personally think of as a "supplement", since it works as an ingredient in so many circumstances as well and you can just sprinkle it on food wherever) and VEG THE MIGHTY as Kagus put it, which I am assuming refers to Vegemite and not any disgustingly inferior yeast spread.
Their 'salt-reduced' version is "fortified" with B12, and well, I eat quite a bit of Vegemite, to put it mildly.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188299 on: December 14, 2018, 12:24:45 pm »

"Nutrional yeast" sounds both awful and cool at the same thing. It sorta has a space/sci fi vibe to it.
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188300 on: December 14, 2018, 01:36:11 pm »

Guess who has healthy blood with no deficiencies after having been vegan for a year?   
Nobody because healthy and vegan are incompatible?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #188301 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:29 pm »

I once had this claim politely disputed by a vegan friend.

Then she totally flipped and started attacking people because her diet had made her bipolar. We had to forcefeed her a live bunny before she could regain her senses

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188302 on: December 14, 2018, 03:31:09 pm »

Checks out.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188303 on: December 14, 2018, 04:09:21 pm »

My girlfriend has been vegan since she was 13. Bipolar checks out.

Did we look past another logical reason... could it be a female thing...
I've said enough... I hear them coming

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188304 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:28 pm »

Guess who has healthy blood with no deficiencies after having been vegan for a year?   
Nobody because healthy and vegan are incompatible?
Nah, yoink was clearly referring to himself. :3
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188305 on: December 14, 2018, 04:56:42 pm »

My girlfriend has been vegan since she was 13. Bipolar checks out.

Did we look past another logical reason... could it be a female thing...
I've said enough... I hear them coming

We cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear tweets, tweets in the deep. They are coming.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188306 on: December 15, 2018, 12:00:47 am »

Just tell them
The Dark Blame will not avail you!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #188307 on: December 15, 2018, 10:09:22 am »

Just tell them
The Dark Blame will not avail you!

dark blame
dark blame

that means

new game plus, bitches

bicthes

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188308 on: December 15, 2018, 02:56:35 pm »

So, my brother worked hours week after week which weren't on his contract. He confirmed it with his manager, and it became his habit to just do it. Every week, the managers signed it off, essentially saying "everything fine here." We work in the same shop, so that's how I know about the procedure and so on. Anyway, suddenly it became an issue. Their first step? To skip the "let's talk" stage - the "hey, we noticed this, come here and we'll tell you you were wrong, don't do it again" - and went straight to disciplinary. He went, but they'd forgotten to arrange his union rep, so they rescheduled.

Come the actual disciplinary, my mum wrote him out a statement which he could read. He read it, and may I say it was both hilariously accurate and called on the managers to jump through some hoops and then reconvene. Only, the member of senior management there didn't like the sound of that, so threatened him with fraud instead. The union man was worse than useless, and my brother caved (alas, he caves under pressure). The member of senior management, upon drawing a confession that my little brother was in the wrong, stated - and here I quote from the transcript of the meeting - "what's your mum going to say when you tell her you're a liar. She wrote you that statement and it's lies."

Right bastard. Anyway, my brother has been harassed enough by management at this point so moves to another shop. He was working from five each morning, happy to do so, liked the work. The happy being that now they've no one to do that shift, so the managers responsible have to get up earlier and go in.

It gives me a certain sense of grim pleasure.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188309 on: December 15, 2018, 03:04:26 pm »

Ah yes, the old "you're working too hard, we must punish you for being an asset" situation. Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 12552 12553 [12554] 12555 12556 ... 13326