Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12396 12397 [12398] 12399 12400 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15892307 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #185955 on: July 08, 2018, 10:37:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I found someone's job resignation letter

What the hell is that first word? I've flipped it around and zoomed in, and can make out the "Sticky" part, what's the second half? I'm guessing it's a name.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185956 on: July 08, 2018, 10:38:15 am »

I’m thinking this exchange just confirms my entirely racist thought that all Australians are abrasive. /mostly joking

Well, maybe except the only one I’m related to I’ve actually met, but she lives in Scotland and we’re all bastards there I guess.

But yeah, Reelya apparently holds grudges. Yoink is adorably opinionated. *shrug* y’all - meaning Reelya - might wanna chill. Yoink is presumably unknown to you in meatspace, and people on the internet are easy enough to ignore if you need to.

PPE: it’s “stick ya” which is I s’pose an abbreviated “stick your job up your arse, mate”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185957 on: July 08, 2018, 10:39:25 am »

What the hell is that first word? I've flipped it around and zoomed in, and can make out the "Sticky" part, what's the second half? I'm guessing it's a name.
"Stick ya job
I quit."
STICK YA JOB
I QUIT
As I believe that's written as anyway, as reliance on length of the lettering isn't widely used if there are small differences that make the designated letter. :3

PPE: Thanks Hector :))

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185958 on: July 08, 2018, 10:43:28 am »

Doesn't help that it is written in bricks by the looks of it. Can be hard to build a letter exactly and match with the others using cuboids.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185959 on: July 08, 2018, 11:57:29 am »

I know it's late to the party, but "American football" should be named "Handoval". I've been repeating this over the years hopping it's catch up.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185960 on: July 08, 2018, 12:15:54 pm »

But why do we call it rugby if it's not played by any rugs?  Or tennis if sets are played out of a minimum of six games with a margin of two? 

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:18:02 pm by Culise »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185961 on: July 08, 2018, 12:18:43 pm »

I mean, they so scarcely use their feet on the "ball", and it's not a ball at all. At least is not round.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185962 on: July 08, 2018, 12:25:59 pm »

In Sweden there's a sport/game called rug rugby
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185963 on: July 08, 2018, 12:32:23 pm »

Found out rugby "is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Rugby is "rook fortress". Name of a famous British school, which gave its name to the famous game."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185964 on: July 08, 2018, 07:06:01 pm »

Soccer was originally British slang for Association Football, dating back to the 19th century. It was in fact the most common word for it in the UK. It fits a pattern of British slang, e.g. the baseball-like sport that originated in the UK is Rounders*, Rugby becomes Ruggers and Assocation Football became Soccer.

But then the Americans copied the Brits, and around 1970 the Brits decided (wrongly) that it was an "Americanism" and the word soccer went out of fashion. Notably, in Australia it's still called Soccer, and we got that from England, not America.
Yanno, when people use an asterisk like that, usually it's to add in a footnote.

I have no idea what you intend to convey when you put it in with no footnote, but you do it fairly frequently and it confuses me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #185965 on: July 08, 2018, 07:11:38 pm »

I've always figured it was either intended to be a footnote and forgotten about, or was one and got rejiggered sans asterisk removal at some point during the editbation period ree occasionally goes through.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185966 on: July 08, 2018, 07:24:58 pm »

Soccer was originally British slang for Association Football, dating back to the 19th century. It was in fact the most common word for it in the UK. It fits a pattern of British slang, e.g. the baseball-like sport that originated in the UK is Rounders*, Rugby becomes Ruggers and Assocation Football became Soccer.
I mean, that's just terribly inconsistent. Association football should, logically, have morphed into 'Asser'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185967 on: July 08, 2018, 07:45:41 pm »

Yeah, ‘cause changing the sound from a soft c into a hard one during the transition also doesn’t make sense.

Unless it gets arpused by that kind of thing, I guess. I’m not one to cast aspersions in sexual preferences or nuffin’.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185968 on: July 08, 2018, 10:25:15 pm »

Asser = A game where you move a ball with your ass?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185969 on: July 08, 2018, 11:12:16 pm »

Posted in the wrong thread, RIP
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:18:11 pm by Parsely »
Pages: 1 ... 12396 12397 [12398] 12399 12400 ... 13327