Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12378 12379 [12380] 12381 12382 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15898625 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAO] ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER (Happy thread)
« Reply #185685 on: June 21, 2018, 03:17:44 pm »

Why do people feel the need to do drugs....

This question and I were made for each other.

As far as I can tell, almost every drug user I've met is self-medicating. Including me. Some drink booze, to get loose and have fun for once. Some pass grass to chill and relax. Others have deeper problems. Methheads don't want to dissociate. They want to be alive. Heroin users just want to fade out, feel good, and forget the world. Benzo and barbiturate abusers want to feel some euphoria and pass right the fuck out. Non heroin opiate addicts wanna feel nearly faded out of life but not quite gone like the heroin addicts. And then there's people like me that simply want to not be sober, ever. Any and every drug is fair game to us.

I suppose it all boils down to coping mechanisms and psychology and mental disorder and shit. Slow suicide is a big part of it, for me. Many users want to die but not like immediately.

Anyways, this is all pseudoscientific conjecture by a washed up user so grain of salt.

Sounds reasonable. Although either avoiding the world (video games, opioids, hallucinogens, TV, etc.) or self-medicating (drinking, pot, caffeine, pain pills) make a lot more sense than trying to kill yourself slowly (smoking, drinking, fried foods, etc. can be, but are not necessarily, for that). Although in general, it all comes down to being unhappy with your life/yourself.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185686 on: June 21, 2018, 03:24:31 pm »

Ehhhhh, do you eat your favorite candy bar, or pursue an orgasm, or play vidya gaems because you're unhappy with life/yourself?

Weed is a nice mellow buzz that puts a pleasant shading on stuff, but I am admittedly weird because I get high and wanna do stuff/make stuff/play stuff/see stuff/read stuff/etc instead of sitting there watching whatever happened to be on tv until we realized we could just use the remote.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185687 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:24 pm »

I always thought he was Svein Forkbeard.

Two-Beard is the superior translation
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185688 on: June 21, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »

I always thought he was Svein Forkbeard.

Two-Beard is the superior translation

I will throw out that non-native speaker card and be labeled racist/xenophobic because you are wrong, Sweden. /jest, so we’re clear

I had Svein Forkbeard as my MSN name for... months, probably, I’ll have you know.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185689 on: June 21, 2018, 10:15:49 pm »

People still use MSN?! That's like... MySpace!
Where is the WTF thread? Hold me, I can't take it
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185690 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:38 pm »

This was decades ago, manny. I think MSN became Windows Messenger, and is now Skype.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185691 on: June 21, 2018, 10:34:41 pm »

Oh, I read that as "have had", as though you still used it.

...People still use Skype?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185692 on: June 21, 2018, 10:42:54 pm »

Eh... yeah?  We were using it for 8-hour DND calls before M$ bought them, and haven't seen much reason to change.

...Well, except for the dramatic redesign a couple months ago.  I hate it, it's windows-8 "look like a mobile device" garbage, and there's no longer a push-to-talk key.  There just isn't, they've acknowledged questions about it and promise there will be again someday.

But video just works and always has, we have some loyalty to the product, and also the crazy emojis from India are stupid fun.

(We actually used Teamspeak briefly, but changed back when we lost access to that server for unhappy reasons)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #185693 on: June 22, 2018, 01:31:23 am »

it's significantly slower, more bloated and less reliable than rival programs such as discord these days

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185694 on: June 22, 2018, 03:20:21 am »

I think the problem with Discord is just that it's hard to convince non-gamers to use them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185695 on: June 22, 2018, 04:07:06 am »

Also it's a non-open source project where the developers run all the servers themselves and obviously have a corporate structure and yet it neither costs money nor has third-party ads of any kind?
...Because this is a somewhat worrying combination for me. It seems evident that I'm the product, here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185696 on: June 22, 2018, 05:48:28 am »

It is Vegan and Vegetarian weekend at the food truck park down the road from my house and I am currently stuffing my face with amazing fukken food. ^-^
Booze is Life for Yoink

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185697 on: June 22, 2018, 08:41:52 am »

Also it's a non-open source project where the developers run all the servers themselves and obviously have a corporate structure and yet it neither costs money nor has third-party ads of any kind?
...Because this is a somewhat worrying combination for me. It seems evident that I'm the product, here.
Doesn't all economy start from treating oneself as a product and selling your labor?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185698 on: June 22, 2018, 11:18:05 am »

Did a major cleanout of my fish tank. Swapped the gravel for sand, which took something like one and a half hours to do, took out, trimmed and replanted all the plants, wound up throwing away 2/3rds of the total length of some of them because of how overgrown I'd let them get, scrubbed a bunch of silicate algae off the ornaments. Looks much clearer and more open now without a giant mat of elodea growing around the surface.

Also replaced two dead fish. Added a new goldfish to replace the one that died of cancer and a new hillstream loach after one of them dissapeared.

Also fiddled with my airstone so now it makes audible bubbling noises rather than a light crackling when bubbles break the surface. I need to figure out a proper way to keep the air pump hum from being audible behind the bubbling though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #185699 on: June 22, 2018, 02:30:05 pm »

oh, no doubt, you can request your data now, i'm curious to see what they have on me
Pages: 1 ... 12378 12379 [12380] 12381 12382 ... 13327