Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808039 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #18495 on: August 28, 2010, 04:19:20 am »

I just finished my first D&D session as DM with my brother. His party consisted of a Dwarven Cleric named Khelgar Stoneclub, a Dragonborn Pally named Rhogar Drakescale, and a Minotaur Barbarian named Asteron. It was really fun. It was your standard find-the-goblin-hideout-and-slay-the-goblins quest, and I managed to make it difficult enough for them so that they got to level 2 at the end.

I've been ripping apart several free quests (Keep on the Shadowfell, the quest in the starter set and in the DMG) and mashing them up. They had a lot of fun, and that was the best part!

What was really funny was that all the goblins kept on missing them, and that the Cleric kept on fucking up his attack rolls.

The weirdest part was, he somehow managed to beat the Hard DC to find a +1 fullblade in the ruins of the dwarven outpost that the goblins hid out in.

It was really fun, maaan.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: August 28, 2010, 04:32:08 am »

18500 replies! We have 18500 repl-

Aw.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: August 28, 2010, 05:21:39 am »

You haven't freaked out at every other multiple of 500 Jack.

We can always start though?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: August 28, 2010, 05:22:05 am »

About to begin playing The White Chamber for the first time, blind - apparently it's a horror/adventure game that partially inspired Ruby Quest, and while I don't like horror games, I love adventure games and RQ so hey, let's see what happens.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:27 am »

See, I know you're talking about 500 posts but since there's evidently more than one Jack out there I think I've got every right to freak out about a multiple of 500 Jacks.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18500 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:39 am »

About to begin playing The White Chamber for the first time, blind - apparently it's a horror/adventure game that partially inspired Ruby Quest, and while I don't like horror games, I love adventure games and RQ so hey, let's see what happens.
Know all about that game, it's okay.

Also, I love Sonic music and you can't hate me for it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: August 28, 2010, 05:31:16 am »

See, I know you're talking about 500 posts but since there's evidently more than one Jack out there I think I've got every right to freak out about a multiple of 500 Jacks.

Silly Jack, Jacks are for Jacks!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: August 28, 2010, 05:39:35 am »

Also, I love Sonic music and you can't hate me for it.
Yeah sonic music rules. I'm thinking of starlight zone
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: August 28, 2010, 06:02:14 am »

Hey, everyone who never crosses the border north of Other Games, I'm running the Second Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge. Join in. Die horribly.

Any MSPA fans might be interested to know that one of the previous tourney's gladiators was a troll named Karkat, with an axe.

He... didn't do so well.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: August 28, 2010, 06:04:05 am »

That's because Karkat uses sickles, not axes.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: August 28, 2010, 06:09:56 am »

Yeah, there aren't any sickles in vanilla DF, so he got the shaft. I think he got shot to death or something. Or cut in half by a Kobold.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18506 on: August 28, 2010, 06:17:03 am »

Oh come on, Kobolds can't even push a straw through the little aluminum circle things on fruit packs.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:25 am »

They can if the straws in question are made of adamantium. A kobold named dancing dagger won the previous tourney. He was naked. All he had was an Blue Stuff Dagger and a Shield.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:04 am »

Yeah... I thought it was going to be longer and deeper. Shortness was okay, but man, what a wasted plot. So much potential, and... they didn't use much of it imo.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18509 on: August 28, 2010, 09:12:23 am »

Just got back from a car accident. We were perhaps doing 40 when another car swerved in front of us to try and do a U turn and we collided, them quickly coming to a stop and us careening off across the opposite flow of traffic to hit a curb before finally stopping on some telephone support cables. Last thing I remember from the crash was the front of the car being a good five feet up in the air because of those cables. Then it was over, we checked ourselves for injuries and climbed out of the car. I checked my sister who was driving and my mother for injuried and rushed across the street to see how the other people were.

Two cars, front end completely totaled for us and their front wheel ruined, a decently fast collision, a car darting across like four lanes of traffic, nobody injured beyond bruising. Hell yeah. We are very fortunate.

Also an interestingly rare instance of an accident involving a 20 year old driver where the 20 year old was not at fault.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 13326