Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12322 12323 [12324] 12325 12326 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888542 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #184845 on: March 08, 2018, 12:56:41 pm »

As in, there was an adverse side effect from one or both of them affecting my marriage.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184846 on: March 08, 2018, 01:16:03 pm »

In today's 'small things to be happy about', I got Into The Breach, from the creators of FTL. I thought I put roguelikes behind me after Nethack, but I guess that's not the case. I got right up to the final level on my first try, and then I've been raging and breaking down ever since. I suppose that's nothing to be happy about, but I guess I love those little Eureka moments, when I'm pouring my mind over a strategy and it all comes together. Though sometimes I'll just straight up lose, and then I'll be thinking about it for like five minutes afterwards, and go "OH wait I could have... GOD DAMNIT I'm retarded!" which I suppose is a kind of Eureka moment, but it's not bad. It's nice to have something to focus my brain on, I think I've been humbled over and over to the point where I think any intelligence I think I have, or might have had, has degraded to simplistic poser intellect from lack of use.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184847 on: March 08, 2018, 02:28:09 pm »

As in, there was an adverse side effect from one or both of them affecting my marriage.

Still a good enough reason to try a new medicine; since it's for your mental health if the meds themselves are causing stress that's a good reason to try new meds.

Heh. I remember the first anti-depression medication I had. Things were great for a few days and then my chest suddenly felt tight along my sternum and it felt like I could relieve the pressure by screaming (I did not try, nor do I think it would have helped).

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184848 on: March 08, 2018, 04:26:49 pm »

I might be close to finally winning a major roguelike. Dungeon Crawl.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184849 on: March 08, 2018, 11:24:16 pm »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184850 on: March 09, 2018, 12:00:15 am »

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184851 on: March 09, 2018, 03:01:48 am »

Happy burtsday, Japa!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184853 on: March 09, 2018, 07:52:04 pm »

Even a small, positive human interaction can at times be enough to slam down upon the other end of the see-saw and send my overall mood soaring skywards. Yay.

@Japa: belated Happy Birthday!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184855 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:49 pm »

I had a good sober DD night with my friends last night!!
And I got a lot done today, and now I'm having a good time...

Most importantly, tomorrow, I'm not only meeting with my dad/gma... I'm also bringing my best friend to the urban center to farm their unfairly dense pokestops.   And to share a meal with fam!
Oh man, tomorrow is going to rock.  Like yesterday :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184856 on: March 11, 2018, 05:41:08 pm »

I am slightly amazed that the Pokemon Go thing still hasn't died out. Just two months ago, there was a group of about 40 people (average age 30 lol) standing on the corner of my street, which is a pokemon hotspot. And sure enough, after inquiring they confirmed my suspicion, and it was indeed a 40 man strong Pokemon search and rescue team.

O tempora o mores
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184857 on: March 12, 2018, 12:51:30 pm »

i'm going to download pokemon go again.

I'd be effectively a new player, any tips?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184858 on: March 12, 2018, 01:00:01 pm »

Don't live in the middle of nowhere. That seems to be the biggest limiter in PoGo, since there won't be many monsters to catch and there won't be any PokeStops to get more equipment from.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184859 on: March 12, 2018, 03:06:45 pm »

That is sadly true.  My friends and I drove half an hour yesterday to a bigger city with a livelier Ingress community (Pokemon stops are originally Ingress portals).  It gets *ridiculous* sometimes, like, this is barely uncommon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And there are generally 3-4 pokemon in range of my home, from people in the development using their cell phones.  The limiting factor is definitely pokeballs.

And *then* there's the fact that the late-game is all about raiding (like any MMO, heh...) which involves forming social connections with really dedicated players willing to drive to raid sites on like ~1 hour notice.  And then you get to see all the blatant cheating.  I personally use the 3rd-party maps for gym battles, but those same maps will tell you exactly where to find any wild pokemon you want.

Why is this a happy?  Because I enjoy the game a lot, playing my own way and not sweating it (:  People cheat, fine, it's 99% co-op anyway.  It keeps me from getting jealous of their legendary-stacked teams :P
Raid fights are cross-team, except for a tiny bonus for contribution level.  And gyms actually reward you when an enemy team *captures* it, so "fighting" over gyms is really an exchange of favors.

And I only go out for group raids about once a week, now that I do it at all.  I mainly use the game to reward me for walking - hatching eggs gives some exclusive rewards.  (Exclusive to me and cheaters, heh).  It also gets me out of the house every day (or every couple of days if I'm in such a funk that I game the midnight rollover).  That's had a significant effect on my mental health, I'm convinced.  Keeping that "streak" up also gives special rewards.

I mostly just play to fill my pokedex out, and power up a few pokemon which I like the design of.  My advice would be not to worry about playing optimally, just do what feels fun.  And it can be a social thing (though I ignored that aspect until a couple months ago, heh.)

Edit:  The premium currency can be got by leaving pokemon to defend gyms.  Anything will do, just find a gym of your team that isn't full.  You can get at most 50 coins per day this way.  One pokemon in one gym for 8 hours is enough for that (though you only get paid when the gym is defeated - hence the perverse incentive). 

You can also join in raids despite being low level.  6 pokemon will probably faint, but you should be able to share the rewards like everyone else.  Rewards include rare candies, TMs to randomize moves, and ironically revives.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:18:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12322 12323 [12324] 12325 12326 ... 13326