Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12316 12317 [12318] 12319 12320 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889315 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [Wao?!] When all you have is 12 tons of pot noodle... (Happy thread)
« Reply #184755 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:11 pm »

Into The Breach is out, apparently!
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2274
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184757 on: March 01, 2018, 04:29:03 am »

According to the FFXV Windows Edition benchmark thing, I should be able to run the game on the lowest possible setting.
It was quite close to be on the "slightly low" side.

At least I can run the game, so that decides it. I'm gonna buy it!
But I must ask, how reliable are benchmarks?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184758 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:39 pm »

Varies. The game has an actual demo iirc so try that before you buy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184759 on: March 01, 2018, 05:19:02 pm »

Went in and nailed an interview for promotion today. Fingers crossed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184760 on: March 01, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »

I've been cautiously 'coming out' about being atheist to more people IRL and the results have been generally pleasant. I live deep in the Bible Belt so it's possibly dangerous to get too vocal about it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184761 on: March 01, 2018, 07:07:12 pm »

Customer just told me "You are like a superhero to us."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #184762 on: March 01, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »

Aced two of my midterms. On one, the professor put down a note saying he's glad I'm a history major :D
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #184763 on: March 01, 2018, 08:06:01 pm »

What brand of history? Please let it not be modern history. Early modern at the very least.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #184764 on: March 01, 2018, 08:08:39 pm »

Early modern at the very least.
You're in luck! Roughly 1492-1815 is probably my favorite era of history to study.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #184765 on: March 01, 2018, 08:10:05 pm »

I've been cautiously 'coming out' about being atheist to more people IRL and the results have been generally pleasant. I live deep in the Bible Belt so it's possibly dangerous to get too vocal about it.
Actual conversation I used to have with my Christian friend:
"At least you're not gay!"
"*nervous chuckle*"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #184766 on: March 01, 2018, 08:18:51 pm »

Early modern at the very least.
You're in luck! Roughly 1492-1815 is probably my favorite era of history to study.
Phew, that was close. I nearly lost all respect for you. Personally I delve most often into 600-1200 odd stuff, but my sojourn into Early Modern was really interesting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #184767 on: March 01, 2018, 10:41:10 pm »

Customer just told me "You are like a superhero to us."

What did you do?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184768 on: March 01, 2018, 10:59:59 pm »

Smuggled half a billion in bullion through customs with efficient and knowledgeable use of forms CI-83 and RN-26.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184769 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:57 pm »

This particular group has been in a crisis state in their supply chain for over a year.  Their global planners keep moving more production demands onto them, without expanding their operations to match.  As a result, they're constantly taking product off their lines and racing them out the door to deliver in often less than 24 hours.  They have air cargo, charter planes, and couriers running stuff around at all hours.  They face heavy penalties (tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars) if they don't get parts delivered to their customer's production plants on time, and the timing windows in every step of the shipping process are often less than a couple hours, or else the shipment flies wildly off track.  So their emotional investment in every shipment is fucking fate of the world level intensity.

What I've done is roll with it this whole time and rarely let them down.  Saved their asses hundreds of times.

-Taken over deliveries many times from other carriers who were failing them.
-We're not staffed 24 hours, so I've personally stayed up many, many late nights to manage their customs requirements at every hour.  To the point that I'm soon going to be officially working late shift from home just for them.
-Taken the brunt of several cbp officer's anger over the stupid shit they pull (like going on passenger flights with hand carts loaded up with over 100 kg of car stereos).  Negotiated and micro-managed smooth recoveries from those situations, or even convinced officers to make exceptions.
-Employed all kinds of stupid loopholes and rule bends to make things happen that shouldn't have according to standard processes.

What elicited the comment tonight was they called to tell me they have a courier taking off at 1 am tonight, and landing in New York at 5 am.  That means I have to transmit paperwork to customs at 1 am, and then be on again 4 hours later to monitor until the courier is released.  I have to be poised to jump on the phone to negotiate with some pissy power-tripping officer within minutes if they decide they don't like something.  Or else the stuff can be seized and take potentially days to get back.  I'm a superhero for putting up with their ridiculous shit :P

The !!fun!! thing about customs is the rules may as well not exist.  Each port has a director who basically makes up their own set of rules.  Individual officers often don't know the laws that they're enforcing or have their own interpretations.  When you're dealing with them, you have no recourse.  In that moment, they have absolute power to do whatever they want with your stuff.  I've talked to officers about situations in advance to get direction, did what they said, then *bam* shift change and the next officer disagrees with what the first one said and you're the one who pays for it.  I've witnessed officers blatantly say "I don't care" when legal passages were quoted at them that directly contradicted their decisions.  I've had an officer lie to me about being unable to see my entry, because he just didn't like the couriers who were standing at his desk.  I had an officer once laugh at me over the phone, say "you have no authority to speak to me", and hang up.  I've encountered several who literally didn't know how to use their own computer systems.  I've heard we had one importing customer a long time ago who got upset when customs held up his freight... sent customs a letter complaining that they were costing him millions of dollars with no legal basis for doing so and threatened to complain to his congressman about them... and they responded by holding his stuff for a month for no reason.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:17:35 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 12316 12317 [12318] 12319 12320 ... 13326