Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12286 12287 [12288] 12289 12290 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15852767 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #184306 on: January 06, 2018, 02:45:55 am »

I found a touhou game randomly on steam.  One of the fighters, but I always preferred those to the shooters anyway.  I am very happy to finally be able to contribute monetarily to the touhou series without having to jump through a dozen hoops or navigate a google translated Japanese website.

That and the game's fun too.  1 hour playing with a friend and I already got my $25 worth of enjoyment.  I finally get to play Mokou in a game and my friend gets to play Tenshi for the first time since Scarlet Weather.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:47:46 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184307 on: January 06, 2018, 03:20:53 am »

New Steven universe episodes are so great.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184308 on: January 07, 2018, 07:52:06 pm »

For the first time in about 4 years, my actual desktop set up is fully operational. Looking forward to playing some games with an actual graphics card for once. :)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #184309 on: January 07, 2018, 07:54:55 pm »

Oh man, i seem to be slowly regaining the ability to doodle absent-mindedly! I know that sounds like a total given to just about anyone with functional hands, but fact is that i have, for a long time, had a lot of difficulty drawing anything without a very clear idea in my head. Definitely related to anxiety, and now that i finally seem to actually be winning the constant fight against said anxiety (which is also a major happy, albeit a more long term one than a burst of euphoria), i also seem to slowly be overcoming that block. 2018's off to a good start! :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184310 on: January 07, 2018, 11:12:07 pm »

Hosting last night's weekly DND night once again enhanced my calm, heh...  Good times, lots of random foods to sample.
They finally tried hominy!  It went over better than I thought, but housemate removed the kernels from the alkali juice ahead of time.  Good call, housemate.

There was also chips, pizza, pretzels, and all sorts of other stuff.  Largely from a local dollar store, which I pointed out to put people at ease heh

And hanging out with my housemate tonight was helpful too.  He introduced me to an ascii roguelike, it was great (Brogue, seems like a solid nethack+).
And we exchanged animes, via clips.  I put forth Gurenn Lagaan, he...  uh..  Panty and Stocking...

Trying to find the specific link he shared, I've realized that show is *consistently* blue >.<
NSFL
Also this looks very Western, but he insists it's dubbed over a Japanese original.
... Yeah uh, check out Gurenn Lagaan!  It isn't excessively NSFW!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #184311 on: January 08, 2018, 01:59:44 am »

Panty and Stocking is Japanese, as far as I know. It's never particularly drawn my eye for reasons you probably find obvious, haha.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184312 on: January 08, 2018, 02:14:36 am »

Wait, what does Blue mean in this context? Sad? Literally the color blue?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184313 on: January 08, 2018, 02:54:13 am »

I meant it as "vulgar".  Distinct from racy- this is mostly exceptionally vicious language.
There is some lewd meaning, but it's surprisingly secondary.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #184314 on: January 08, 2018, 04:26:06 am »

Funfact, P&S was made by the same people who did TTGL (there's even a few easter eggs appearing the show (think Simon, maybe Kamina too). The way they described it was all the dumb, drunk ideas they had when they went to vacation after finishing TTGL.

It's a goddamn shame it never got renewed for a second season, P&S was some of the wierdest and funniest homages and pariodies tied together with excellent style the anime world has seen.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #184315 on: January 08, 2018, 12:06:57 pm »

I meant it as "vulgar".  Distinct from racy- this is mostly exceptionally vicious language.

My old roommate is a big fan of Panty and Stocking, basically because it occupies the odd niche of an anime where the Japanese version can't compete with the English version because Japanese simply does not have enough vulgar interjections.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184316 on: January 08, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »

My old roommate is a big fan of Panty and Stocking, basically because it occupies the odd niche of an anime where the Japanese version can't compete with the English version because Japanese simply does not have enough vulgar interjections.

It's not very vulgar, imo, but it doesn't have the blue-balliest ending ever, meant to deliberately infuriate the audience before literally dropping the mic and peacing out forever.

And the OST has a song that is just moaning and sex sounds strung together like the raunchiest acapella ever.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184317 on: January 08, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »

Liking the English over the Japanese is against the rurus.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184318 on: January 08, 2018, 12:16:53 pm »

I'm looking over Gainax's shows. Man after the Panty and Stocking / Gurren Lagann generation all left to make their own studio, Gainax so completely went to shit.

btw all that generation went on to form Studio Trigger who do Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop, and others. I highly recommend Inferno Cop, it's only 13 episodes which are < 3 minutes each.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:19:02 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184319 on: January 08, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »

This is exactly what my friend kept saying!  And from little I saw, I can totally see it.  For one thing, the english dub kept overrunning the mouth movements heh.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 12286 12287 [12288] 12289 12290 ... 13326