Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12276 12277 [12278] 12279 12280 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848187 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #184155 on: December 17, 2017, 05:06:28 am »

I get the feeling that you think anyone who's not 100% on board with SJW politics are all undifferentiated Hitlers.

I live in Russia, the country where mass media tells me that Russians are the most oppressed people in the world (Jews, black people and homosexuals were never oppressed! It's an SJW propaganda!) The country where most people don't see a border between SJWs and liberals! The country with rising totalitarianism and censorship! SJWs aren't the ones who ruin my country, it's the Putinist/Russian Nationalist government, who are extreme right-wing! In fact, it's pretty much impossible to encounter SJWs in Russian segment of Internet, yet you'll see a lot RusNats being ANGERY at the West! I'm fucking tired of the persecution/victim complex of our nation! if I should listen to everything our mass media shits out, it would be better for me to just lock myself in my bedroom with a shotgun, waiting till the evil NATO oppressors attack! There's zero chance for me to die from left-wing extremists, yet there's a very huge possibility that I'll be "put in my place" by the Putinist regime for speaking out against it! Why the fuck I should be venting my anger on SJW while extreme right-wing politics are THE ACTUAL THREAT TO MY SAFETY?!

I'm against Putinists/RusNats because they don't want to solve any problems Russia has. They're busy stealing tax payers' money in their private pockets, just so they can buy themselves FUCKING AIRPLANES AND APARTMENTS IN NATO/EU COUNTRIES! Our government doesn't care about average Ivan Ivanovich, they want to exploit Ivan Ivanovich without repercussions of Ivan Ivanovich standing up and biting back.

Rant over, no need to pollute the Happy thread further with politics.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:10:55 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184156 on: December 17, 2017, 05:14:39 am »

I get the feeling that you think anyone who's not 100% on board with SJW politics are all undifferentiated Hitlers. Using ridiculous terms like "meninists" for anyone who isn't 100% on board with the doctrine.

uh, did you read the link posted? it was pretty awful

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184157 on: December 17, 2017, 05:15:42 am »

That's completely unrelated to what we're talking about however. Sure, in Russia you have different things to worry about, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't worry about what's happening here. Take a look at Antifa and think about what those same people would be doing if they lived in Russia. Hint, they'd probably be pro-Putin gangs or something. In the places where Antifa operates, radical left is the normal belief system, so they are violent sheep that follow along with the crowd belief system. But it just happens by chance to call itself "left wing".

But ... as a Russian you should know that left or right wing politics can lead to horrible violence. Us in the west who are liberal should be very worried that armed, masked gangs are going around claiming to own our movements.

I get the feeling that you think anyone who's not 100% on board with SJW politics are all undifferentiated Hitlers. Using ridiculous terms like "meninists" for anyone who isn't 100% on board with the doctrine.

uh, did you read the link posted? it was pretty awful

It was because he was using terms like "fellow meninists" implying that it's a group label to dismiss anyone who disagrees.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:20:21 am by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184158 on: December 17, 2017, 05:16:46 am »

that looks like moving the goalposts, it sure looked like the topic of conversation was the amazing atheist's particular political views 4 posts before mine

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184159 on: December 17, 2017, 05:21:11 am »

An angry rant doesn't mean someone is left or right wing. Also, that wasn't the whole conversation, the person excised what was said before, it could in fact have been the most excruciating victim-pandering bullshit. It mentions something to that effect.

The whole labeling him as "racist ableist white male privilege" thing is literally the cookie-cutter list of fake ways to dismiss someones opinions. how is he ableist?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:26:27 am by Reelya »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #184160 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:58 am »

If it feels like the conversation has shifted, I think it's because it's a tough and worrying issue. No one wants to be caught out on either side of a revolution. Right or left, they've both proven repeatedly in the past that there will be people who take things too far.

And uh... Happy thread. I guess I have a week of vacation and my friend's wedding coming up here at the end of the month. So that should be nice!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184161 on: December 17, 2017, 05:24:28 am »

An angry rant doesn't mean someone is left or right wing.

An angry rant about triggering feminists is usually pretty indicative

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184162 on: December 17, 2017, 05:28:23 am »

Well, what was it in response to? There's a lot of bullshit around. people are in fact using the whole "trigger warning" "ableist" "privilege" thing as weaponized discourse. And before you say that is going too far, they themselves define words as violence. The words they used cannot be exempt from that.

One example is that in feminism, good and evil are gendered. It's a good idea to not gender things based on good or bad traits. So how is calling the force for good "feminism" (a female term) and the force for evil "patriarchy" (a male term) actually helpful in any way whatsoever? It only serves to alienate at least 50% of the population, probably more like 80%. if you want to move to full equality and removed gendered good/bad language dichotomies, you really have to start with your own language, not police everyone else, before you can have any credibility.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:31:09 am by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184163 on: December 17, 2017, 05:29:49 am »

you missing the part where he said "you deserved it" about the rape thing or

like that's not a left-wing rant in the US political climate

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184164 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:28 am »

I'm on the left, but I think that claiming that violent rants are left or right wing isn't actually substantiated. both sides like to believe that the other side exclusively owns the bad behavior. It never works out like that.

Hell there are left wing women who will go on and on about cutting your dick off. How is that much different?

Although, there is plenty of psychology research that suggests that the whole "trigger warning" thing is only really harmful to the people you're trying to protect with the warnings. Such warnings for things that aren't really harmful in fact create a hyper-sensitive state, where you're more easily set off by any little thing.

It's like if someone had a spider phobia and you "nanny" them by making sure they're never exposed to any spiders, and warning them "don't go in that room, there may be a spider in it", and have them come to rely on you to make sure their existence is spider-free. Trigger warnings and "micro-aggression" sensitivity have one predictable outcome, and it's not to make people feel "safe" it's actually a heightened awareness of potential triggers in all situations. That's why laws students now demand that the word "violate" as in "that violates the laws" be banned, because "violate" could bring up images of sexual violation. But constantly harping on the association is in fact what makes it bring up those associations in the first place.

A related and relevant thing is the idea of "dirty jokes" and the odd idea for a feminist that they shouldn't be used around women. If you want women to be treated as equals, then tip-toeing around the reality of real-world subjects and cushioning all the language that's used around women is just about the worst possible way that you could try and go about that. By making a big list of "things you can't say" when "ladies" are present, you're in fact reinforcing this divide and making women less able to cope with the small things. Women aren't actually any more "delicate" than men. People are going to say rude or offensive things, and robust adults just have to learn how to cope with that. It would be better for women and feminists if they actually dialed back on the language policing. Language policing isn't empowerment, it's cotton-wool to avoid difficult subjects. Coating everything women come in contact with in cotton wool is about the most ass-backwards idea of feminism, ever.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:54:55 am by Reelya »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #184165 on: December 17, 2017, 05:51:31 am »

Okay, I'm very sorry for bringing up the politics into happy thread! I was just getting pissed at YouTube recommending political channels, which I almost never watch, so I installed an extension for blocking recommended videos. Plus arguing politics on the Internet is mostly useless, since almost everyone will stay by their opinion.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184166 on: December 17, 2017, 09:33:38 am »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184167 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:08 am »

Okay, I'm very sorry for bringing up the politics into happy thread!

No reason to be sorry, the utterly despicable shitfit that is that state of politics today provides endless entertainment. Provided you fail your roll for sanity.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184168 on: December 17, 2017, 11:06:53 am »

Okay, I'm very sorry for bringing up the politics into happy thread! I was just getting pissed at YouTube recommending political channels, which I almost never watch, so I installed an extension for blocking recommended videos. Plus arguing politics on the Internet is mostly useless, since almost everyone will stay by their opinion.
I am happy that our political discussions on this forum don't escalate too far, usually. I am also happy that I have Bay12 people to learn about a wide variety of political philosophies from.

Also, it's a lazy weekend!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184169 on: December 17, 2017, 11:09:52 am »

My political views are bloody schizophrenic.
I wish there was some established political/philosophical school of thought that aligned nicely with my beliefs, but alas, I doubt such a thing exists.

Oh yeah, a Happy: I crafted the ultimate hashtag. :))

Edit:
Okay, I'm very sorry for bringing up the politics into happy thread!

No reason to be sorry, the utterly despicable shitfit that is that state of politics today provides endless entertainment. Provided you fail your roll for sanity.
But if you don't roll for your sanity, you can't lose any, right?!
...Annnd I realise now that I misread your post. Oh well I thought my response was funny so I shall post it anyway. >.>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:12:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12276 12277 [12278] 12279 12280 ... 13326