Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12274 12275 [12276] 12277 12278 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846701 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #184125 on: December 13, 2017, 01:04:25 pm »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
I knew someone was going to post that. wikihow pictures are interesting, to say the least
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184126 on: December 13, 2017, 01:50:19 pm »

Old kitty cat snuggles with me for a little bit. Its nice
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #184127 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:26 pm »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
I knew someone was going to post that. wikihow pictures are interesting, to say the least
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know, they have a staff of paid artists that go to different wikihow pages and illustrate them.  The reason the art is so uncanny is because they have a style guide they have to stick to regardless of what they're drawing, and also because they don't have much time for each illustration.

I think its great.  Anything that gets more creative people working.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184128 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »

2 of 3 final papers done. so close to freedom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184129 on: December 13, 2017, 03:50:58 pm »

I'm getting a bonus this year for safety and attendance! Seven Benjamin Franklins, or probably about five-and-three-quarter Bens after taxes.

It's not huge, it's less than an average paycheck, but it's still nice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184130 on: December 13, 2017, 06:43:00 pm »

I could afford Chinese food today. Woop woop
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #184131 on: December 13, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »

Ye gods, dun. Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to eat the Chinese?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184132 on: December 13, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »

question, is the place run by actual chinese people or a bunch of white people. and is it authentic chinese food or americanized chinese food (tons of soy)
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184133 on: December 13, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »

Nice! How was it? I still remember the phone number of Pearl Garden, the Chinese restaurant back in the town I did most of my growing up in. Honestly, their fried rice still holds up as the best I've had, and their spring rolls are bomb, too.

Definitely better than Noble Palace, the one I've been to most down here in Melbourne. Although I've never tried the Golden Chopstick around the corner from my house...

I should probably learn to cook my own Chinese-style fried rice, anyway. It'd probably be a hassle explaining the need to not include egg or dairy products in muh food - I haven't tried having takeaway Chinese since I stopped eating those things.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184134 on: December 13, 2017, 07:18:18 pm »

Ye gods, dun. Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to eat the Chinese?

I don't question their culture! Besides, I'm sure that at this point Americans would hunt, kill, and eat the flesh of their politically-affiliated rivals in a blind red-fueled rage if legally allowed to. What's the difference?

question, is the place run by actual chinese people or a bunch of white people. and is it authentic chinese food or americanized chinese food (tons of soy)

Run by some folks from Hong Kong, but it is ultra-Americanized. I have had the authentic stuff, and it is indeed completely different.

Nice! How was it? I still remember the phone number of Pearl Garden, the Chinese restaurant back in the town I did most of my growing up in. Honestly, their fried rice still holds up as the best I've had, and their spring rolls are bomb, too.

Definitely better than Noble Palace, the one I've been to most down here in Melbourne. Although I've never tried the Golden Chopstick around the corner from my house...

I should probably learn to cook my own Chinese-style fried rice, anyway. It'd probably be a hassle explaining the need to not include egg or dairy products in muh food - I haven't tried having takeaway Chinese since I stopped eating those things.

It was General Tso's, and it was quite good. The place I go to does prioritize quantity, but it's still passable and it is a *lot* of quantity. Two meals worth every time.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #184135 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:13 pm »

Traffic flows in Cities Skylines are hypnotic

It's like watching virtual motorized ants going about their business.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184136 on: December 14, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

Traffic flows in Cities Skylines are hypnotic

It's like watching virtual motorized ants going about their business.

My first thought was "Why do the cars bother to stop at all when they have no collision!?" as I immediately miss the point. But that was crazy educational as far as intersection science in concerned.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184137 on: December 14, 2017, 09:52:17 am »

Run by some folks from Hong Kong, but it is ultra-Americanized. I have had the authentic stuff, and it is indeed completely different.
I could go for some authentic chinese food right now, but the local place went out of business now all I got is an americanized chain  :'( (it's okay at best, they drown almost everything in soy)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184138 on: December 14, 2017, 03:56:17 pm »

It's weird, over here, whilst our Chinese restaurants are mostly no doubt unrecognisably bastardised versions of the authentic cuisine, we don't have any big chains of them as far as I'm aware.

They're generally just a little, homey family restaurant. Heck, come to think of it even Indian food has multiple big chains of restaurants... there probably are Chinese food chains somewhere in the country, but I've never encountered them and they are greatly outnumbered by the independents.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184139 on: December 14, 2017, 07:21:32 pm »

It's weird, over here, whilst our Chinese restaurants are mostly no doubt unrecognisably bastardised versions of the authentic cuisine, we don't have any big chains of them as far as I'm aware.

They're generally just a little, homey family restaurant. Heck, come to think of it even Indian food has multiple big chains of restaurants... there probably are Chinese food chains somewhere in the country, but I've never encountered them and they are greatly outnumbered by the independents.
there's a few chains local to the midwest and there are probably chains in big cites. It might just be were you live.
Pages: 1 ... 12274 12275 [12276] 12277 12278 ... 13326