Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12170 12171 [12172] 12173 12174 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806461 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [spbaget] The invisible spaghetti and the potatopoi (Happy thread)
« Reply #182565 on: August 07, 2017, 12:20:10 am »

I finished Metal Gear Solid as a series.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182566 on: August 07, 2017, 12:20:36 am »

I do have some happy to report, in spite of all the drama.

I'm almost definitely going to begin working remotely in the near future.  My office has seen a massive spike in late night work requirements this year, and I've mostly been taking care of it myself.  My team has been short-staffed and I'm the only night owl around.  So I've been taking it on to make sure my people are sharp and can take care of things during the day.  It's clear at this point that this stuff isn't going away, but it's not enough to justify a full shift.  So they're officially making me the lone 2nd shift person, and instead of asking me to sit in the office by myself, they'll be allowing me to do it from home.  Kinda sucks that it's in the evening, when other family/friends are out of school/work.  But it should still turn into me working less hours overall, under less pressure, and taking management responsibilities off my shoulders.  All while keeping my pay.  Maybe it will give me the breathing room I need to figure out my life right now.  Just wish it could have happened sooner.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #182567 on: August 07, 2017, 12:25:35 am »

I'm glad!  I get worried about you sometimes.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #182568 on: August 07, 2017, 12:35:48 am »

You know I actually have some happy I didn't expect to have. Might as well post it.

A conversation I didn't expect to be having had me talking about some pretty nice memories I had, which sent me overlooking how doing certain things actually made me feel and react.

I've been trying to figure out what exactly, really happened to me over the past 2 and a half years or so. Maybe longer I'm losing track of time on pretty much every scale since I'm exhausted in a lot of ways, but I realized that a lot of times I felt the most at peace with myself, and like I had an actual reason to exist, I was creating something. Either super small scale or something bigger I was planning or working on, just always fiddling around with something, trying to make it just perfect. That's what's missing, that's what I need again. I need to just buckle down and start working on something, anything.

I'm too physically exhausted to even think of starting tonight, but you know what I think it's time to crack open GZdoombuilder or something and get to putting SOMETHING in my head out in the world, even if it's something so insignificant to some people.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182569 on: August 07, 2017, 12:59:11 am »

The following spoils Metal Gear Solid 4's ending. If you do not know how it ends, and plan on finding out, do not watch the following video.
My fucking life.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182570 on: August 07, 2017, 01:20:25 am »

You know I actually have some happy I didn't expect to have. Might as well post it.

A conversation I didn't expect to be having had me talking about some pretty nice memories I had, which sent me overlooking how doing certain things actually made me feel and react.

I've been trying to figure out what exactly, really happened to me over the past 2 and a half years or so. Maybe longer I'm losing track of time on pretty much every scale since I'm exhausted in a lot of ways, but I realized that a lot of times I felt the most at peace with myself, and like I had an actual reason to exist, I was creating something. Either super small scale or something bigger I was planning or working on, just always fiddling around with something, trying to make it just perfect. That's what's missing, that's what I need again. I need to just buckle down and start working on something, anything.

I'm too physically exhausted to even think of starting tonight, but you know what I think it's time to crack open GZdoombuilder or something and get to putting SOMETHING in my head out in the world, even if it's something so insignificant to some people.

Heck yeah.  If you have that kind of passion to create, you have to share it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182571 on: August 07, 2017, 03:22:47 am »

someday I will be happier

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #182572 on: August 07, 2017, 06:46:54 am »

With patience like that you're sure to succeed

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182573 on: August 07, 2017, 09:11:39 am »

*yesterday was so busy I didn't get around to posting*

Family reunion food was really, really gud.  Particularly the veggies.  (I don't use butter, so family's food always tastes great)
Got a lead for part-time work from a distant uncle
Pokemon GO Plus just needed a new battery
Managed to transfer Pokemon Silver save game onto my phone.  Graveller Rolan (rescued from a friend's Nuzlocke) acquired self-destruct XD
Had a food nap in a warm bright place yet no bad dreams!
Attended a freakin food truck festival.  Acquired rather shitty tofu kebabs + love of hometown.
Ran around and around in a single-block square with 8 pokestops.  Wheeeeee this is terrible game design 8D

oh also I guess I eventually found some affordable apartment prospects lol
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #182574 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:09 am »

Can confirm, creating things is wonderful, and sharing the fun you've had is excellent. It's not even about power tripping or ego boosting (though i won't deny that i am receptive to ego boosting :v), it's just that primal joy of making something that means something to you. Drawing seems to be my way of doing this, but as a guy who enjoys playing the original Doom even after all these years (especially with Project Brutality, o boy), i can tell you that i have a soft spot for Doom modders and mappers. Hell, any modder/mapper deserves praise for producing more content for a game, usually without any pay whatsoever.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182575 on: August 07, 2017, 11:00:38 am »

Can confirm, creating things is wonderful, and sharing the fun you've had is excellent. It's not even about power tripping or ego boosting (though i won't deny that i am receptive to ego boosting :v), it's just that primal joy of making something that means something to you. Drawing seems to be my way of doing this, but as a guy who enjoys playing the original Doom even after all these years (especially with Project Brutality, o boy), i can tell you that i have a soft spot for Doom modders and mappers. Hell, any modder/mapper deserves praise for producing more content for a game, usually without any pay whatsoever.

Its not even that.  But from what Gunner-Chan describes about the experience of creating something, that is the type of person who provides the best things to the world.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #182576 on: August 07, 2017, 02:55:27 pm »

Good to see that Gunner-Chan is still around, even if your skull has been taken by the Black Dragon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182577 on: August 07, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »

Every once in a while she sends me pictures of her anime research and that's always nice.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182578 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:40 pm »

Gunner-Chan and Gunin up a tree, F-I-R-I-N-G.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #182579 on: August 07, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »

Don't fuck them. Don't you fuck my pons.

Punishment is one all expenses paid trip into void
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.
Pages: 1 ... 12170 12171 [12172] 12173 12174 ... 13325