Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12162 12163 [12164] 12165 12166 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808812 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182445 on: July 30, 2017, 02:32:36 pm »

I dunno, Fallout NV (Which was actually Obsidian, not Bethesda) is absolutely in my top 5 of 'Actual DLC that delivers'.

If they got their hands on the F4 engine, I'd be super happy to see what they could get up to.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182446 on: July 30, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »

I already didn't like many things about them, but Bethesda's legal attack on DoomRL put me on boycott level.  If they put out any more single-player content for Doom 2016, it will be hard for me not to go for that.  But at this point, I consider them a toxic company.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182447 on: July 30, 2017, 04:22:21 pm »

Bethesda's legal attack on DoomRL

I never heard of this. How disappointing, DoomRL is great and got me hyped for the new Doom remake.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182448 on: July 30, 2017, 04:26:36 pm »

You think that's bad? Get ready: The legal attack may have been spurned by, of all things, a grudge over John Romero backing the kickstarter for Jupiter Hell, which is being made by the DoomRL dev.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182449 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »

You think that's bad? Get ready: The legal attack may have been spurned by, of all things, a grudge over John Romero backing the kickstarter for Jupiter Hell, which is being made by the DoomRL dev.

...Wtf? How petty.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182450 on: July 30, 2017, 04:58:52 pm »

....But all they wanted was a name change and nothing else.

Besides, the new DOOM is a great game. Actual character for a silent protagonist that makes sense! Murderblendering! Beating Imps to death with their own arms!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182451 on: July 30, 2017, 05:15:56 pm »

That's actually one of the few movies out lately that I want to see.
Oh gosh, that reminds me of all the films I need to see. Hounds of Love springs to mind, as I'm pretty sure that's still in cinemas. Maybe I'll finally make it to Monster Fest this year... it's still a while away but I should start saving for a ticket. Can't believe I've never been  :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182452 on: July 31, 2017, 12:54:30 am »

I don't get it. A roguelike isn't abusing their IP nor affecting their sales.
It really annoys me that they just bought the IP too and yet DoomRL has been kicking around for a decade.

I can sort-of pseudo understand a company going "hey we invested a lot to develop this IP and we want to be able to make money off it".
But suing doomRL would be like someone making a LOTR game and then suing all who came before.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:58:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182453 on: July 31, 2017, 01:02:24 am »

Zenimax, the parent company of Bethesda Softworks, is a litigious whore.

If it so much as bares a passing resemblance, (like "scrolls") Those fuckers are plastering the legal paperwork like they were making a seasonal pinata for a 5 year old's birthday.

There is no love for video games in that company. Only the love of control, and of money. Like all no-talent hacks, they are paranoid of anyone and everything. At this point, I am surprised they still allow free mods to be made. Honest.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182454 on: July 31, 2017, 01:13:26 am »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182455 on: July 31, 2017, 01:14:18 am »

In happy news, my parents got a new roof on their house, and I got a mini vacation and possibly a lot more hours at work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182456 on: July 31, 2017, 01:20:49 am »

I don't get it. A roguelike isn't abusing their IP nor affecting their sales.
It really annoys me that they just bought the IP too and yet DoomRL has been kicking around for a decade.

I can sort-of pseudo understand a company going "hey we invested a lot to develop this IP and we want to be able to make money off it".
But suing doomRL would be like someone making a LOTR game and then suing all who came before.

Even better, the only Doom game they've made since acquiring Id was very heavily design influenced by fan work over the last 10 years.  So going after those same fans for doing what directly benefitted them is so many layers of shitty.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #182457 on: July 31, 2017, 01:22:13 am »

@Zenimax & Bethesda

I would really like if gamers started spamming negative reviews in Steam for Skyrim & FO4. Negative review spam was a successful strategy against Rockstar/Take-Two (OpenIV shitfest) & Paradox (Price increase shitfest), so why not use it on Bethesda?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #182458 on: July 31, 2017, 01:46:29 am »

Or, you know, you can just spend your energy buying and supporting wholesome game developers instead. Positive reinforcement is always better in the entertainment industry.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182459 on: July 31, 2017, 02:05:56 am »

Well, the problem is that some of those wholesome game developers I'd like to support happen to be owned by nasty publishers...
Pages: 1 ... 12162 12163 [12164] 12165 12166 ... 13326