Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11879 11880 [11881] 11882 11883 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15803327 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178200 on: November 21, 2016, 07:12:34 pm »

why are my pants so big now, i swear they fit perfectly last year

Congratulations for losing weight?
What is your secret?!
wish i knew :v

I'm eating less fast food and drinking less soda but I haven't cut either from my diet entirely. My job's basically the same as last year but there's more physical work involved. Maybe that's it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #178201 on: November 21, 2016, 07:17:26 pm »

I'm having a lot of fun RPing with folks on our FEF games recently. ;~; Compared to back a few months [6+] ago then when several issues hindered me from logging on and posting a lot. Hooray connection to other people.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178202 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:48 pm »

What is your secret?!
wish i knew :v

I'm eating less fast food and drinking less soda but I haven't cut either from my diet entirely. My job's basically the same as last year but there's more physical work involved. Maybe that's it?

The sugar in soda makes it pretty calorie-dense, especially if you get a lot of your daily fluid intake from it. Even just cutting down on it could make a big difference. Of course physical activity burns calories too, but it's generally not enough to put a dent in a high-sugar diet. If the work built some muscle, those help you burn calories faster, too.

Anyway, congrats and/or condolences on your pants. Might I suggest a belt for now, and some better-fitting pants soon? Swimming in oversized clothes isn't fun.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178203 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

What do you mean it isn't fun? I had a blast sleeping in oversized clothing when I was a kid.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178204 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:44 pm »

Okay, fair. Heck, I still like wearing oversized shirts to bed.

Out in public, though... as someone who had to struggle with oversized hand-me-downs as a kid, pants that fell down, baggy shirts that draped like a cotton jellyfish, shoes that were awkward and big enough to hurt my feet, etc... investing in properly-fitting clothes made a big difference in my comfort and appearance. Cut out all the time I used to spend adjusting my clothes, to keep me from things like incidentally pantsing myself in public, too!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178205 on: November 21, 2016, 09:02:56 pm »

Yeah, Imma need to break out a belt next time I wear that pair of pants. Holding your clothes up so they don't drag in water puddles is no fun :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #178206 on: November 21, 2016, 09:03:34 pm »

*grumbles vaguely* I still haven't had to adjust to wearing fairly form fitting clothes, and I'm not looking forward to it. Always wore shirts that were a bit oversized and loose, and have long preferred pants that need a belt. Don't like tight clothing, like just about anything that conceals (even just a little) body shape/tells/etc. (less to do with body image and more to do with mild paranoia, on that end). Also nice if they got some swoosh to them. Give me cotton jellyfish shirts any day of the week for they are comfy and breezy and billow nicely and can be used as a decent blanket in a pinch. Totally would wear robes if they were socially acceptable, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178207 on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:04 pm »

Wear robes anyway! Screw the haters!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #178208 on: November 21, 2016, 09:10:02 pm »

Robe haters employ people, unfortunately. The only robes that are even remotely acceptable in a formal context are judge's, and those can screw right off. Hot, heavy, harder to move in than necessary, no thanks. Also if you show up to a job interview in a judge's robe I'm not sure how they'll react but it probably won't be positively.
Ask not!
Ask!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178209 on: November 21, 2016, 09:14:48 pm »

I used to go around town during errands wearing a super baggy pair of long shorts or whatever that was clearly not my size when I was 11 or something. I didn't care. Sure, some people might have looked at me funny, but it gave me the sheer satisfaction of making fun of them with muh pants freedoms. Bunch of missus and their fat butts tied down in form fitting clothing, be jelly of my infinite freedoms and and inability to do high kicks.

Bring back togas, I say.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:17:22 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178210 on: November 21, 2016, 09:18:47 pm »

Reminds me, my girlfriend challenged me to a race once. I lost, because I was wearing stupid baggy slacks and injured myself trying to run.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178211 on: November 21, 2016, 09:34:54 pm »

Tangent, but the shorts reminded me. For about a year in middle school gym, I wore a stripey pair of guys boxer shorts as athletic shorts, thinking that's what they were. I'm not sure if my classmates were just being polite, or if I actually pulled it off, but that was a really embarrassing revelation. One of those times when some parental guidance would have been very welcome, Mom! >:Y

For a while, I used to wear loose clothes, even after I wasn't getting hand-me-downs. A bit because I was used to the feel of baggy clothes, a bit because of body image issues, and a bit because I mostly shopped at thrift stores, and was too small for the majority of the clothes I could get there.

Everything changed when I was told I had a nice butt. Young me realized I could get nice pants that complimented said butt, rather than hide it... and with that, I could woo all the people. All my romance problems would be solved! Note: they were not solved. But I did start to feel more confident in my looks from then on!

Anyway, yeah... I would love to wear robes or cloaks or whatever, if they weren't so abnormal these days. I wear baggy hoodies and stuff around the house for comfort, since it's kinda like a wearable blanket (that isn't a god-forsaken snuggie). Some day, I'll try long skirts or something, too; they seem fun in the same way. But I'm mostly a pants fan. A fant.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:37:46 pm by Solifuge »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178212 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:49 pm »

I prefer shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear practical for the local climate probably 8.5 months out of the year. I tend to go cargo shorts for the extra pockets because I'm a nerd that likes to drag his 3DS around with him :V

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178213 on: November 21, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »

You cant get away with wearing shorts in the brush out here. Or any soft fabrics that collect plant matter. Like half the local flora and fauna try to attach themselves and their offspring to you through various mostly-pointy means. Its denim or die.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #178214 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »

Swim trunks is where it's at. Kind with that mesh under layer. Comfortability and breathablity of shorts, support of something more fitting. Best of all worlds, and if you really need to you can take a dip in the river or somethin'.

That said, I'm a pants person myself. I'd probably prefer shorts, but this is a swamp and if you wear shorts things eat your legs. Also yes, flora intent on your precious epidermal layers and no consideration for your even more precious, precious blood.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 11879 11880 [11881] 11882 11883 ... 13325