Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11795 11796 [11797] 11798 11799 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746471 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #176940 on: October 22, 2016, 05:08:15 am »

I started a new game of Morrowind. It's ugly as sin, it crashes at least once per session, all the characters walk like they have a pole up their butt. But it's still weirdly fun and I feel like finishing it.
how do you survive combat system

legit question all my tries @morrowind have ended due to my complete failure re:combat
._.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #176941 on: October 22, 2016, 05:14:19 am »

The thing about morrowind combat is it's only REALLY awful as your chosen combat skill is still lowish. Eventually you reach a point you never miss, and it's not that far off from starting.

Also always hold the attack button until your weapon is all the way back, otherwise you're giving the enemy the wet noodle treatment while they're forcibly trying dislocate their shoulder in your general direction.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176942 on: October 22, 2016, 05:18:36 am »

*war flashbacks to trying to train archery shooting rats in some fuck's basement*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #176943 on: October 22, 2016, 05:25:19 am »

Man, I keep wanting to go back to morrowind, but I can never get too far in it because of the odd combat to start with and then all the reading. Later elder scrolls games just feel so terse though. Morrowind combat also put a damper on my exploring spirit early on. Still will have to give it a shot sometime.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #176944 on: October 22, 2016, 05:42:47 am »

Putting it gently, Morrowind takes some effort to love. I stand by that it's rewarding if you give it a chance.

I started a new game of Morrowind. It's ugly as sin, it crashes at least once per session, all the characters walk like they have a pole up their butt. But it's still weirdly fun and I feel like finishing it.

legit question all my tries @morrowind have ended due to my complete failure re:combat

1. Make Long Blade a major skill, or pick a premade class with such
2. Get a Sword of White Woe from Balmora guard tower
3. You will not need another weapon for most of the rest of the game, stock up on soul gems and have fun
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:51:15 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176945 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:13 am »

I remember unarmed being OP as fuck in Morrowind and beating an assassin to death.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176946 on: October 22, 2016, 07:04:14 am »

Putting it gently, Morrowind takes some effort to love. I stand by that it's rewarding if you give it a chance.

1. Make Long Blade a major skill, or pick a premade class with such
2. Get a Sword of White Woe from Balmora guard tower
3. You will not need another weapon for most of the rest of the game, stock up on soul gems and have fun
Okay, but what if I want to be a mage and don't even want to touch weapons unless I summon them from Oblivion directly into my hand? I remember being baffled at how utterly useless the starting combat spells were, compared to basically any other RPG game I've played.

The game should not have a class called literally "battlemage" if they cannot even defeat a rat with their spells! And yes, I did die to a rat due to that. Or something rat-like, I don't know.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176947 on: October 22, 2016, 07:15:01 am »

Hey, I tried to be a thief and was murdered by a rat while walking to Balmora. People meme on the Cliff Racers, like they're the ones.

But no. It's the rats.

It's the rats.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176948 on: October 22, 2016, 08:44:08 am »

Okay, but what if I want to be a mage and don't even want to touch weapons unless I summon them from Oblivion directly into my hand? I remember being baffled at how utterly useless the starting combat spells were, compared to basically any other RPG game I've played.

The game should not have a class called literally "battlemage" if they cannot even defeat a rat with their spells! And yes, I did die to a rat due to that. Or something rat-like, I don't know.

The first time I finished Morrowind was with a pure mage character. Long story short, stacked High Elf and Apprentice for shitloads of magicka and then went to town on everyone with destruction spells. Starts a bit slow, and occasionally you need to lay down for 24 hours in the middle of what you're doing, but you can really wreck a lot of shit.

Also, never use the premade classes. They've always been pretty awful if I recall correctly.

Finally, there's that cat guy merchant in Balmora, Ra'virr. He's got some weapons with a bound enchantment, and boy do those work pretty well at early levels. All the fun of a Daedric weapon at really inconsistent prices (one of the weapons gives you a bound weapon for this many seconds? 300 gold! that one gives you a bound weapon and 3 useless points of Fire Shield? 5000 gold!). I had a lot of fun with a second character with Conjuration who worked for the Temple and basically just wrecked everybody's shit with a bound battleaxe.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #176949 on: October 22, 2016, 11:26:35 am »

New avatar!

And dragoness art!

Dragons!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176950 on: October 22, 2016, 01:53:26 pm »

New avatar!

And dragoness art!

Dragons!
* Sergarr admires the prettiest dragoness

what a majestic creature

an art truly worth of 1000 HP
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176951 on: October 22, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »

i went to a con and it was awesome, i got a kawaiidozer bobblehead and people asked me to take pictures with me c:

pics soon probably :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176952 on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:31 pm »

It has a paw on its wing
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176953 on: October 23, 2016, 12:50:37 am »

A paw with six digits, no less (three clawed, three forming the wing membrane, looks like.) :P

Looks neat. Exceptionally blue.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #176954 on: October 23, 2016, 03:08:36 am »

it's blue da ba dee da ba daaaaaaai

* Sergarr admires the prettiest dragoness

what a majestic creature

an art truly worth of 1000 HP
DID YOU JUST

oh my god i feel like a huge nerd for catching that one

Also that's a very nice painting yo, though more digits than i would have drawn. Then again, that's probably just me being a lazy butt, i hate drawing digits. :v

also also i slept well tonight so i'm not dead on my feet wooooooooooo
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 11795 11796 [11797] 11798 11799 ... 13325