Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11787 11788 [11789] 11790 11791 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737024 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #176820 on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:00 am »

So. I got back into DF which actually surprised me quite a bit. And I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot because of some of the stuff that's happening as I just fuck around.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #176821 on: October 19, 2016, 12:53:27 am »

Free organ implants just for kobolds.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176822 on: October 19, 2016, 01:42:04 am »

Horribly mutilating things in DF is always fun. Spilling their guts is always fatal, unless they're a werebeast and transform before they bleed out.

Oh! If you're a vampire/can sense creatures through walls, you will be able to see the spilled guts as ~~ trailing behind critters, just like if they were in view.

I always enjoy reading about the histories of a specific civilization and watching them develop and wage war over the years. There was one civilization that just barely survived until I finished world gen, then as soon as I set out in adventure mode their last site got conquered. The only option left to play as that civ was as a bandit in one of their old sites.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176823 on: October 19, 2016, 04:52:47 am »

A friend linked me to...  How do I describe this.
Will Smith singing a fresh version of Fresh Prince about Nightmare on Elm Street, with video of Freddie Vs Jason.

I love Halloween season.

That song is on our store's playlist. It confused one of my coworkers quite a bit that it even existed.

Horribly mutilating things in DF is always fun. Spilling their guts is always fatal, unless they're a werebeast and transform before they bleed out.

Not always, there's a story of a doctor stitching up a gut-spill victim... but forgot to put the guts back in. The guy was walking around trailing guts for the rest of his life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176824 on: October 19, 2016, 04:57:15 am »

you mean cat toys.

usually fire of the torso and spilled guts are fatal to medium sized critters due to sheer bloodloss.  And usually whatever caused the spilling or fire doesnt stop after merely gently mutilating the midrift...

larger critters always survive those better due to their blood and resilience.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:00:20 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176825 on: October 19, 2016, 06:10:51 am »

Welp... There goes nearly two months worth of salary.
I however I have Civilization 6 Deluxe Edition and Stellaris's Leviathan DLC preordered. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176826 on: October 19, 2016, 07:58:40 am »

Went on a scientific conference today. It still has that young postgraduate-looking MIT guy in it that I saw 1-2 years ago on a similarly-themed conference! Good to know that science here is still international, at least to a certain extent.
I have to ask, how on earth did you recognize him?  O_O
Some people seem to actually have the ability to remember faces they've only seen a few times. Sometimes they can even recall faces seen only once a lng time ago!

I know, it scares me too.
Well, actually my memory is really shitty on those things, it's just that he's very notable, being one of the like 3 people there who speak in English.

I get anxious if the tabs start getting squished smaller than their maximum size.

+1

I mean, what's the point in keeping a tab open if you have to click through lots to find the one you're looking for? You'd just be better opening up a new tab and going from there.
The point is that you don't always remember what you're looking for, which kinda puts a hamper on the "open a new tab" plan.

I usually don't, for example.
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176827 on: October 19, 2016, 10:30:40 am »

I never have more than 3 tabs open and I have a bookmark folder for the sole purpose of looking at things I wanted to look at but never got around to.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #176828 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:03 am »

Cinder is sensible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176829 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:51 am »

I dont think I ever go past 5 or 6 tabs. Usualy only keep one or two open for things I want to show someone else, one for DF, one for my email and one for the youtube vid I'm currently watching.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176830 on: October 19, 2016, 10:51:17 am »

I barely use bookmarks except for work stuff.  For everything else I just forcekill Firefox occasionally, leaving tabs "open" but not actually loaded until I look at them.  Looking at the leftmost...  I'm seeing Neuromancer (I keep meaning to read it) and a news article from last July.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176831 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:15 am »

Cinder is sensible.
Shush :P

I barely use bookmarks except for work stuff.  For everything else I just forcekill Firefox occasionally, leaving tabs "open" but not actually loaded until I look at them.  Looking at the leftmost...  I'm seeing Neuromancer (I keep meaning to read it) and a news article from last July.
Yes this is basically how I use Firefox, as well. Though I have learned to reduce their number to a sensible size. I still remember when I've had, like, more than a thousand.

Navigating through that was... difficult.
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176832 on: October 19, 2016, 11:31:45 am »

Life has never been the same for me since I learned that 'Restore Session' tabs can contain other 'Restore Session' tabs. Open 30 tabs, forceclose Firefox, do it again, forceclose again... I once had them going like 7 levels deep.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176833 on: October 19, 2016, 11:50:37 am »

Life has never been the same for me since I learned that 'Restore Session' tabs can contain other 'Restore Session' tabs. Open 30 tabs, forceclose Firefox, do it again, forceclose again... I once had them going like 7 levels deep.
Eeeeeeh?! What... how does that even work?
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176834 on: October 19, 2016, 12:00:48 pm »

Wh... Wh... Wh... Wh... Wh... Wh... Wh... Okay this is going in the WTF thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 11787 11788 [11789] 11790 11791 ... 13325