Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11774 11775 [11776] 11777 11778 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15749312 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #176625 on: October 13, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »

I am at a JAZZ CONCERT. Currently it is break time. THIS IS VERY GROOVY, I APPROVE. I might go deaf soon, though. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176626 on: October 13, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

I am at a JAZZ CONCERT. Currently it is break time. THIS IS VERY GROOVY, I APPROVE. I might go deaf soon, though. :v
This is cooooooooool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176627 on: October 13, 2016, 02:45:30 pm »

HOL-LEE shiiit. Best game of the series so far, no question at all. What a wild ride.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #176628 on: October 13, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »

This is cooooooooool.
Can confirm, very very nice concert. My ears are now ringing almost as loudly as the music, but DAMN it was good. We applaused so much that my clapping muscles are actually a bit sore now, and my palms feel kind of raw, but they deserved every bit of it. I wish i could have recorded it, because they managed to bring a guy who's normally not that much into jazz (AKA me) into a heartfelt standing ovation. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #176629 on: October 13, 2016, 03:41:43 pm »

How close were you to the speakers/band, anyway?

Jazz doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that'd deafen a person. I always thought serious heavy metal or something would do that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176630 on: October 13, 2016, 03:48:18 pm »

This is cooooooooool.
Can confirm, very very nice concert. My ears are now ringing almost as loudly as the music, but DAMN it was good. We applaused so much that my clapping muscles are actually a bit sore now, and my palms feel kind of raw, but they deserved every bit of it. I wish i could have recorded it, because they managed to bring a guy who's normally not that much into jazz (AKA me) into a heartfelt standing ovation. :U
Tell usssssss
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #176631 on: October 13, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »

Well, it was a so-called big band (19 musicians, called the Danish Radio Big Band), so the sound pressure was probably a lot higher than "regular" jazz (not that i'd know). But, i'd say... In a room that's maybe 25x15m (very roughly), i was maybe 10-15 meters away from the speakers. Mind you, they weren't as massive as those of REALLY BIG concerts, but trust me when i say that 8 brass instruments being played at once with amplification can get staggeringly loud. :v

Here's an older video of them, in case you're super curious.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176632 on: October 13, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »

Well-done concerts are the best things. Glad you had a good time!

After 2.5 months of not getting much than a pip of response while looking for a new job, today I got 3 calls from 3 different places all offering the kind of job (warehouse/packaging/otherwise manual labor) I want.

I feel overwhelmed a bit... Certainly happy tho!

I GOT THE ONE I WANTED THE MOST!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
HUZZAH!! \o/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #176633 on: October 13, 2016, 08:50:23 pm »

There's a big storm coming where I live, and the beginnings of it are starting to really drop a lot of rain. I like rain, provided I can be inside most of the time, and glory of glories, the worst of it happens over the weekend. :D
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176634 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:40 pm »

Rain is good.

I just wish I hadn't misplaced my umbrella somewhere.  I swear, I need to tape it on my hand or something, because the moment I put it down I end up forgetting about it...
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176635 on: October 13, 2016, 10:11:41 pm »

i can't stop laughing

send help

I am not ashamed to admit that her channel is one of the dankest I'm subscribed to. The comments just make it better, especially when you can't tell whether they're trolling or legitimate creeps.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #176636 on: October 13, 2016, 11:13:13 pm »

Turns out the Save City of Heroes people are progressing well with a single player version.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #176637 on: October 13, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »

trust me when i say that 8 brass instruments being played at once with amplification can get staggeringly loud. :v
Why would anyone amp up a brass instrument in such a small room? Jazz or not, many brass musicians (including me) mute their instruments in small venues to avoid drowning out the rest of the band.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176638 on: October 13, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »

trust me when i say that 8 brass instruments being played at once with amplification can get staggeringly loud. :v
Why would anyone amp up a brass instrument in such a small room? Jazz or not, many brass musicians (including me) mute their instruments in small venues to avoid drowning out the rest of the band.
Yeeeeup.
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #176639 on: October 13, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »

Turns out the Save City of Heroes people are progressing well with a single player version.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it looks like the comments are from two to three years back.
Pages: 1 ... 11774 11775 [11776] 11777 11778 ... 13325