Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11735 11736 [11737] 11738 11739 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772042 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #176040 on: September 28, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »

You know, I totally forgot to mention some time ago that me and Gunner-chan decided to not rush into things and sorta scaled back the way our relationship was going. Which makes the fact that I'm happy that we're engaged now seem very strange and possibly confusing.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176041 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:54 pm »

If it makes you feel better about forgetting, I actually kinda guessed that was the case from everything else youve mentioned

Congratulations, by the way.

I have made sausage and bisquits and gravy for dinner. Will be gud
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:03:14 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176042 on: September 28, 2016, 09:02:28 pm »

To be fair, I suppose the existence of the internet is the main reason why I'm not as excited about space (and the sea, too, but sea exploration stopped being cool a couple centuries ago)

The sea never stopped being cool Cinder. When you're out on the open ocean, you can at any time look straight down at the water and think "I wonder if there's monsters down there?" and there's a decent chance you're right.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Its shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #176043 on: September 28, 2016, 09:04:41 pm »

To be fair, I suppose the existence of the internet is the main reason why I'm not as excited about space (and the sea, too, but sea exploration stopped being cool a couple centuries ago)

The sea never stopped being cool Cinder. When you're out on the open ocean, you can at any time look straight down at the water and think "I wonder if there's monsters down there?" and there's a decent chance you're right.

Why you think that being on a boat in the middle of an endless sea when you come to that realization can be described as "cool" just provides more evidence that you are unhinged. Stark raving mad, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

spmpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #176044 on: September 28, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »

^^^ This is very much true. I live in a very coastal country, and spent most of my previous holidays at beaches, so I've always kind of been fascinated by it. It can sometimes be easy to forget the wonder of things, but sometimes it just takes a little step back.

In other news, I got things done today, folded my newspapers (which I normally don't do) for delivery, and did some homework. The day is also very nice, excellent weather, and I think I'll go out and enjoy it. It's already 3pm, so there's not too much time left, but I guess I'll just make the most of it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176045 on: September 28, 2016, 09:12:32 pm »

Oh wow Olga, congratulations!!  That's great news!

Another happy, somewhat silly:  Turns out the lead actor in White Collar, I show I really enjoyed, is gay.  Doesn't like to make a big deal about it (though he was in Magic Mike, which I really need to watch sometime).
It's not even that he's good looking or anything like that...  It was kinda like learning that Neil Patrick Harris is gay.  It feels encouraging when awesome people like that come out.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:46:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #176046 on: September 28, 2016, 10:20:23 pm »

You know, using the term wired let me easily imagine a Bay12 in a cyperpunk future.
I like to think of forums becoming either giant virtual libraries, or virtual bars.
I currently visualize forums as places where the avatars (or silhouettes if there are no avatars) talk. In my mind they look worryingly like the courts the Phoenix Wright games take place in, which kind of goes to show the kinds of things I've seen take place on forums (not that often, of course, but it left quite the impression).

Without the internet, I wouldn't be able to record the weird and humorous things people say/type/write/create. And that'd make me sad.

Also, I wouldn't be able to play a lot of video games, so that wouldn't be too fun for me either. Not to mention that there's an awful lot of entertaining stuff (music, stories, video games, etc.) on the internet that I'd miss quite badly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:50:23 pm by AzyWng »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #176047 on: September 29, 2016, 01:48:06 am »

Life without internet? Ach, that'd be like life without breathing for me. My respiratory process requires a daily infusion of anger over clickbait titles, and the internet is by far the richest source of those. :I

Also today i woke up. Wow. But, i can feel that unlike yesterday, i at least have a shot at making it non-forgettable, since yesterday was so completely and utterly forgettable that i could have it forcibly torn out of my life and not notice a single goddamn difference. The prospect of another of those days makes me kind of motivated to not repeat that, so hey, better get the show rolling! B[

edit: Ooo, and it's raining outside now. Niiiiiiiice. If only the air inside my room hadn't been poisoned by hefty perfume from another person. :v
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:26:16 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176048 on: September 29, 2016, 03:26:26 am »

Why you think that being on a boat in the middle of an endless sea when you come to that realization can be described as "cool" just provides more evidence that you are unhinged. Stark raving mad, man.

To be perfectly fair to the ocean, my exact comment can be applied to looking up at the sky. At any patch of the night sky, no matter how small, you can wonder "I wonder if there's a monster up there?" and you're probably even more right than when looking down at the ocean, and it's just waiting for us to find it, or it's waiting to find us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176049 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:23 am »

I'd enjoy space mroe since if the hull breaches, death would be nearly instantaneous, unlike drowning.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176050 on: September 29, 2016, 05:10:00 am »

I'd enjoy space mroe since if the hull breaches, death would be nearly instantaneous, unlike drowning.
That depends on the size of the breach, doesn't it? If it was small enough,  it would take you quite some time to pass out. Enough for regret, if you're prone to regretting things.
See this Payam! cried the gods, He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176051 on: September 29, 2016, 05:11:13 am »

Though that point would be moot anyways because I don't intend to leave Earth unless I can back-up my mind.

Though now that I think about it, a space probe dying is probably costlier than an astronaut dying.

Maybe. The cost of training complicates things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176052 on: September 29, 2016, 05:14:18 am »

If my knowledge of vacuums holds up, being in a vacuum wouldn't kill you instantly. You wouldn't last very long, it'd definitely be faster than drowning, but not instant, you get the pleasure of being able to feel yourself dying, which is special you can only do it once after all.

Now, if you happened to be near that crack in the hull, the massive suction through it might kill you nigh-instantly, Like so. (warning: graphic cruelty to crabs)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176053 on: September 29, 2016, 05:16:48 am »

Ummm.... no, not really.

A hole in the hull could be stopped with a hand.

The pressure in that video is several hundred times the pressure in a spaceship.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eye`!_z rHY<cwף%utfuc va}Hfr:8 Q#\w""D
« Reply #176054 on: September 29, 2016, 05:19:47 am »

If my knowledge of vacuums holds up, being in a vacuum wouldn't kill you instantly. You wouldn't last very long, it'd definitely be faster than drowning, but not instant, you get the pleasure of being able to feel yourself dying, which is special you can only do it once after all.

Now, if you happened to be near that crack in the hull, the massive suction through it might kill you nigh-instantly, Like so. (warning: graphic cruelty to crabs)
Actually, at atmospheric pressure, the differential would not be nearly enough to harm you. You need at least several atmospheres for that.
Also, after exposure to hard vacuum, you would pass out in about ten seconds. A more problematic scenario is actually pressure dropping slowly due to a small hull breach. Now that will give you time to panic and suffer.
See this Payam! cried the gods, He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!
Pages: 1 ... 11735 11736 [11737] 11738 11739 ... 13325