Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11698 11699 [11700] 11701 11702 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773474 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175485 on: September 13, 2016, 02:38:31 am »

Sure, doesn't mean it doesn't make you happy and doesn't revoke your right to laugh. People laughed at the roasting of bieber. Goss is still Goss.

Also does drunk posting really get to you? 'Cos I recently posted about how happy I was to drink bad whiskey and if that bums you out that's pretty shit.

Thirdly, I'm assuming you've had to deal with his fans because you started shit on his videos. Which is probably the petty crap GC was talking about.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175486 on: September 13, 2016, 02:43:07 am »

No, I've had to deal with his fans because he's big enough that they spill over into other youtube comments for no reason whatsoever.

Until recently, he was in my "related channels" section just due to the subscriber overlap, I assume because Undertale is popular among children and so is Leafy (god it's bizarre seeing someone with an avatar of an innocent character who tells you to stay as nice as you are say "kys")

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #175487 on: September 13, 2016, 02:50:41 am »

My point in general is that someone getting roasted, even if they do it themselves isn't appropriate here in my own opinion. Especially with actual spite applied to it. I don't care who posts it, I'd consider it inappropriate.

On the other bits, is stuff like youtube comments or whatever really dealing with someone? Much in the way reading news about something dealing with it? My own personal issue with you specifically is you seem to take a lot extremely personally, it's not good for you man. Serious. Sometimes you need to take a step back and say something doesn't actually involve you or anything.

Relax a bit. Lifes too pointless and short to get riled up about everything, that's a fact I definitely hold close to my heart now after that last trip to the hospital. Maybe being a bit terse and sarcastic about it was the wrong choice.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175488 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:33 am »

I was basically thinking the same thing, too. I understand cynicism and spite can be fun, but vitriolic or mean-spirited enjoyment doesn't really seem like a good fit for the thread.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #175489 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:46 am »

Currently re-installing the first Mass Effect for what I hope will be a screenshot LP of the entire saga. Or at least the first game. Or at least more than the first level, what with school coming up and all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175490 on: September 13, 2016, 06:28:03 am »

I was basically thinking the same thing, too. I understand cynicism and spite can be fun, but vitriolic or mean-spirited enjoyment doesn't really seem like a good fit for the thread.
Haven't we had pretty much this exact conversation a dozen+ times before anyways? I'd thought it was pretty clear that the happy thread wasn't for schadenfreude by now?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175491 on: September 13, 2016, 06:49:07 am »

fwoooooooom

*pop*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:41:30 am by BlackHeartKabal »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175492 on: September 13, 2016, 06:55:35 am »

* Ultimuh senses drama incomming..

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175493 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:30 am »

* Helgoland readies the surface-to-drama missiles.

Defcon one, people! All hands on deck!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175494 on: September 13, 2016, 07:25:40 am »

EDIT: [REDACTED] by request.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:44:32 am by Culise »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175495 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:07 am »

Okay, can we maybe all calm down, please?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175496 on: September 13, 2016, 07:29:10 am »

Activate the HUEactor, shields up.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175497 on: September 13, 2016, 07:29:48 am »

This'd probably be a good time to carefully consider whether popcorn posting helps the situation, and if it wouldn't be more productive to just go back and edit your replies so as to avoid starting shit in the happy thread of all places, especially after the thing's calmed down and you realize you're late for the pile-on.

I mean, christ, guys, have a little self control.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175498 on: September 13, 2016, 07:34:47 am »

Well, I posted it in the intent that seeing people doing that sort of thing would make the involved participants reconsider the merits of setting off such an argument in front of an audience, rather than posting seriously about my opinion on the latest dispute at hand and potentially adding fuel to the fire.  It's a derail, but a derail isn't the worst thing when the rails seem to be headed for a wreck.  I suppose redirecting people's ire to me would have worked as well, if it hadn't been a third party that had done so instead of the actual involved parties.  C'est la vie.

But seriously, don't make me do a cute-dump here instead of the Cute Thread.  I have puppies and I'm not afraid to use them.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:36:28 am by Culise »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175499 on: September 13, 2016, 07:40:52 am »

This'd probably be a good time to carefully consider whether popcorn posting helps the situation, and if it wouldn't be more productive to just go back and edit your replies so as to avoid starting shit in the happy thread of all places, especially after the thing's calmed down and you realize you're late for the pile-on.

I mean, christ, guys, have a little self control.
Empathise and understand that it is very tiring that I'm able to guess who said something from the drama I see in the happy thread the first thing in the morning. I'll edit my reply but my stance hasn't changed.
Pages: 1 ... 11698 11699 [11700] 11701 11702 ... 13325