Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11633 11634 [11635] 11636 11637 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791957 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [*KHEZUNOISES*] What is even a whole orange (Happy thread)
« Reply #174510 on: August 13, 2016, 10:31:30 pm »

I preferred the pirate story.

Well... unless something equally horrifying happened..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #174511 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:04 pm »

He drank the first mate. Actually, he facepunched him into a liquid, *then* drank him.

Now that's pirate harrrdcore.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #174512 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:37 pm »

I've figured it out!

By it I mean how to get myself to write productively on purpose. Sure waiting for inspiration to hit works too, but that takes time and this seems to be working judging by how easy the words are pouring off my fingertips right now. I just need to get myself mentally unhinged!

Now, I could accomplish this by getting drunk, I know many people who do this. Or fuel myself with caffeine, this is also a common tactic and I see how it could yield dividends. However, I'm a massive cheapskate and like the taste of neither alcohol nor coffee. This is a much neater solution - I'll just deprive myself of sleep until I start feeling the slight mania that comes with it and write then - if I haven't obtained success before then, of course.

Perfect! It even plays into my chronic laziness since it means I'll only have to put effort into writing when I'm normally ... well, normally I'm sleeping but hey sacrifices for the greater good.

And then I'll look over my work the next day when I'm more sane.

Good! Good good good. Reliability and consistency in writing speed is important. However I think I shall decline to actually sit down and crank out some words tonight as I actually need to do some things on the morrow.

Good.
Gonna add a personal bop to this :O
Writing also is helped by proactive methods--that is anything that stimulates the mind; this can be helped by other methods that induce that kind of stimulation (ie Sleep deprivation does make you feel [that certain way] because of biological processes at work; it may not be healthy though). Wishing you well with that, maybe support that goal with speaking to those who can help you, in your locality. :3

Tyrian is love ♥ One of the ur-shmups, really, right in there with gradius and whatnot. Also one of the only ones I've played more than a couple of levels before going and doing something else >_>
What is this Tyrian o_o And where can I get it again? :-[

Re-assessing all I've learned in my 4-ish years of Psychology, I love that they drove me into the habit of going to the library or otherwise enriching and advancing my knowledge rather than just classes. xD Yay knowledge!

And yet I still have this thesis to complete. :'(

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174513 on: August 13, 2016, 10:38:52 pm »

Rum/coke. It's the problem and the solution.
Hear hear!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174514 on: August 13, 2016, 10:45:16 pm »

Every time I think 'hard liquor' I think 'mineral-rich'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174515 on: August 13, 2016, 10:53:06 pm »

Tiruin: You can finish that thesis!

--

I had a tasty meal. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:55:19 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #174516 on: August 13, 2016, 11:13:51 pm »

Well I just completed Tyrian 2000 on hard, episode 5 and all. My suggestion is to get opentyrian instead since episode 5 is mostly boring and has one kinda unfun level.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #174517 on: August 13, 2016, 11:17:19 pm »

Going to begin a Pokemon Sapphire adventure, for nostalgic purposes. Have candy, and am ready >:3
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174518 on: August 13, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »

Did you have the bug where berry trees stopped growing?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #174519 on: August 13, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »

What is this Tyrian o_o And where can I get it again? :-[

I missed this when I posted but since I seem to be talking a lot about it anyway...

Either go on gog and look up tyrian 2000, or google search opentyrian. I'd actually reccomend opentyrian more simply because the added content from tyrian 2000 doesn't honestly feel that valuable.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174520 on: August 13, 2016, 11:50:24 pm »

@Tiruin: If you are even a quarter as good at stuff as I think you are, you got this.

By the way, what kind of stuff (courses, books, anything really) would you recommend for somebody who wants to, y'know, help people, but isn't a psych major?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #174521 on: August 14, 2016, 12:00:49 am »

By the way, what kind of stuff (courses, books, anything really) would you recommend for somebody who wants to, y'know, help people, but isn't a psych major?
*cough* the whole thing really *cough*
For starters, there's general Psychology books which gives the overview; writers of such books are interconnected that you can cross-reference ideas from there into more specific areas, like Cognitive or Developmental Psychology, both of which I can say are good starters. It...depends on where you want to invest your interest in, because these are all parts to a whole and vice versa.

Also I'm pretty forgetful today because despite me having a 2day weekend (*hiss at Saturday classes* :I I am not prepared for 6 days of school yet!), I'm really tired, so I may forget many things that are needed here. x~x As in, noting your background and context, I forgot which area your concerns are in, but I do know that they're generally taken under counseling methods.
...I forgot where though. :I I'll be sifting through my books and ebooks soon later, I'll PM you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:03:54 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174522 on: August 14, 2016, 12:02:27 am »

*cough* the whole thing really *cough*
yup...But am already CompSci, do not think I can really double major but hey, maybe it'll happen.

I see.

(also, um, isn't that a sad???  :x)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174523 on: August 14, 2016, 12:13:18 am »

Looked in the fridge, sat for a minute deciding between coke and fanta. Ended up shrugging and getting water.

I choose water! Willingly! On a normal day!
This must be what health feels like.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174524 on: August 14, 2016, 12:14:56 am »

Is the water potable? Or will the diarrhea allow you to reach low earth orbit?

Pages: 1 ... 11633 11634 [11635] 11636 11637 ... 13325