Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771077 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #17325 on: August 20, 2010, 05:13:29 am »

Winning DOES mean something, it's not just showing it to your friends, it's knowing you actually won, and you will know that until the day you die*. Just quitting right there and then leaves you with an empty feeling. Sure, you know you could have won, but it's just not the same because you still didn't win, and there's nothing you can say that changes it. And besides, you don't save much freedom from just quitting, heck, you actually have less, because you'll be tempted to actually win the game.

*Not really.

And besides, have you ever done it, and just quit right there and then? And if so, how did you feel?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17326 on: August 20, 2010, 05:15:21 am »

Now you have to make the choice about what really matters to you, your pride, or your freedom.

This seems a lot like "I said something because I thought it was funny but people challenged me on it so I'm going to act like I was serious and bullshit around until I can make up some reasoning."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17327 on: August 20, 2010, 05:16:37 am »

No. You'll probably get more respect from people if you were to quit on the verge of winning. It's like giving a big 'Fuck You' to the entire game. Which is so very Metal.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17328 on: August 20, 2010, 05:24:33 am »

No. You'll probably get more respect from people if you were to quit on the verge of winning. It's like giving a big 'Fuck You' to the entire game. Which is so very Metal.
Not really, not unless you have people watching you right then and there and have seen how much time you put into the game. Otherwise if you post "I could have won, but I decided to quit there." most people will just read it, not care at all and just get on with their lives and forgot that it ever happened, leaving you with little to no gained respect. Only a small amount would actually care.

But yeah, it is quite Metal.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17329 on: August 20, 2010, 06:25:52 am »

It is quite Metal.

There's no real counter argument then.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17330 on: August 20, 2010, 06:27:47 am »

Not if you don't provide pics. It is common knowledge that the lack of photographic evidence of any given event negates its existence.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17331 on: August 20, 2010, 06:34:57 am »

Not if you don't provide pics. It is common knowledge that the lack of photographic evidence of any given event negates its existence.

Quantum physics is fun!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17332 on: August 20, 2010, 08:11:35 am »

Family's vacationing in Baltimore at the same time Games day/ Golden Demon is going on.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17333 on: August 20, 2010, 09:48:07 am »

Damn you cuteness proximity!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17334 on: August 20, 2010, 11:03:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Continuity nods to T-Rex's relationships with either Dromiceiomimus or Utahraptor makes me happy.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17335 on: August 20, 2010, 11:07:59 am »

As someone who loves both biology and creepy high-octane nightmare fuel, finding this site made me incredibly happy.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17336 on: August 20, 2010, 11:27:30 am »

Man, I love Portia spiders.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17337 on: August 20, 2010, 11:51:54 am »

Out of curiosity, do you think black holes eventually become massive enough to explode?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17338 on: August 20, 2010, 11:53:54 am »

And when they do a new universe is born XD
Anyway, i pretty good day actually, even tough i didn't sleep much, my Tribes game on another forum is going great, starting to spice it up a little, see where that leads, going out tonight aswell, don't know if i will drink or not, will depend on the company and the mood.Overall i just feel good today, no particular reason :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #17339 on: August 20, 2010, 12:45:09 pm »

Out of curiosity, do you think black holes eventually become massive enough to explode?
Black holes actually shrink slower the larger they get through Hawking radiation. This is why black holes in particle accelerators, if they are created, evaporate in billionths of a nanosecond, while supermassive black holes can last as long as the universe itself. IIRC, this is due to interactions with virtual pairs and other mind bogglingly fun stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 13325