Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15775998 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #17205 on: August 19, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »

Be cool bro be cool man.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17206 on: August 19, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »

Hey, good luck, man!  Do us proud :3

Thanks! I will be the best damn bio-ethics lawyer ever to have frequented the B12 forums.

Doing the dorms I take it? Have fun. Hopefully you don't get stuck with someone that thinks having sex 15 feet from you is what college is about.

Actually, my roomate is gonna be the one who has to worry about that.

Haha just kidding.

Or am I?

Yes.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17207 on: August 19, 2010, 07:18:12 pm »

I have an obsession with white shirts.

I have over 20 of the damn things. :D Although I do like really big shirts because they're comfortable.
You should get a felt marker* and write some Tarn-esque DF scenes on them. Why get white shirts if not to write on them?

*waterproof
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17208 on: August 19, 2010, 07:18:48 pm »

Thanks! I will be the best damn bio-ethics lawyer ever to have frequented the B12 forums.

Doing the dorms I take it? Have fun. Hopefully you don't get stuck with someone that thinks having sex 15 feet from you is what college is about.

Haha just kidding.

Or am I?

Yes.
Have fun at college! It was always fun playing tf2 with you dood.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17209 on: August 19, 2010, 07:20:28 pm »

I do write on them, although it's mostly self-deprecating stuff like "Meathead" or "Poo-poo face" and stuff.

I did write "This is my game face" on one, though.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17210 on: August 19, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

My only "merc" is the xkcd "Stand back--I'm going to try science!!" t-shirt.  A friend gave it to me as a supplemental gift for taking care of her cat and garden while she was on vacation.
My second favorite t-shirt!(my favorite being one with a number of math puns on the back that says "If you can read this, thank a math teacher") My closet is pretty much full of nothing but t-shirts I got from thinkgeek.com.

I'll be heading off to college as well in a couple weeks. Second year, but I lived off-campus my freshman year.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17211 on: August 19, 2010, 07:22:01 pm »

Haha just kidding.

Or am I?

Yes.

Seriously, work out a system for that. My roommates thought I was crazy for having a problem with it, like we were army buddies or something and listening to each other get laid was kosher. Of course, they were both total meatheads too.

There isn't anyone I'm friends enough with that I want to listen to that. Sex is only fun for the people having it in those circumstances.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17212 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:58 pm »

Wow, I hope I don't get a roomie like that when I go to college. >_>
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17213 on: August 19, 2010, 07:26:21 pm »

And I was sleeping ACROSS from the dude. His friend slept ABOVE him on the bunk bed, and was like "What, I didn't hear anything?"

Ya huh. That's what I get for getting stuck with two people who were friends before high school. I couldn't even look the girl in the face the next day. I dunno, maybe were both secret voyeurs or something freaky.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:28:37 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17214 on: August 19, 2010, 07:30:08 pm »

Good lord.

I never thought anyone could be so insensitive as to screw someone whilst their roommate is... RIGHT... THERE.

I know I'd definitely find a very, very remote place for things like that. As in, VERY REMOTE AND STUFF.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17215 on: August 19, 2010, 07:32:03 pm »

I never thought anyone could be so insensitive as to screw someone whilst their roommate is... RIGHT... THERE.

*sigh* College. They say it's the time for experimentation. More like the time to do stuff in front of people you think no one will remember 10 years later.

It's ok though. I bailed on that room and got another with a super religious dude. We said less than 50 words to each other over two semesters, and he was never there for half of the nights. So I basically landed a single.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:33:46 pm by nenjin »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17216 on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:26 pm »

TF2 is great because it's totally playable, but I don't know if counts as serious gaming.
TF2 is great, but I don't know if counts as serious gaming.
but I don't know if counts as serious gaming.
TF2 doesn't count as serious gaming.

Now that is a goddam lie. The only thing not serious about the gaming is the iffy hit detection and wonky lag compensation.

But onwards, I forgot to say one thing from my last trip. On night three we had dinner and for the first time there were no clouds. As the fire died down and only flickering embers remained I looked up, and for the first time in my life I had gazed upon the Milky Way. In that moment, instead of the usual hundreds of stars I saw thousands, and I realized just how small we are in the universe. How we are just tiny motes of elements crawling on a speck of dust in a backwoods solar system on the arm of a spiral galaxy spinning in one supercluster out of the infinite universe. Our lives are so insignificant that should the Earth, or very well the solar system, or even the galaxy were to disappear nothing would happen to the rest of anythin-

Wait, wait, no. Sorry folks. Let me try that again.

On night three we had dinner and for the first time there were no clouds. As the fire died down and only flickering embers remained I looked up, and for the first time in my life I had gazed upon the Milky Way.  In that moment, instead of the usual hundreds of stars I saw thousands, and I realized just how big we are in the universe. Every one of the lights in the sky will one day be touched by the ever engineering and advancing hand of Humanity. We will pierce the infinite darkness of the universe and make our lives upon the twinkling islands of life. Even when our Galaxy holds no more secrets we will spread out and leave this bright band of stars across the sky. As big and frightening as the Universe may look it will eventually shrink. We as the human race shall make the Universe a tiny thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17217 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

:|

I don't care!  D:

GAH WHAT IS THIS

DUKE YOU GOTTA TRUST ME THE SKY IS OUR INTERGALACTIC DRILLWAY WE'RE GOING TO PASS THE UNPASSABLE, TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE.  TRAAAAAAAAVVVVELLLLLLLLLLL
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:55:16 pm by ToonyMan »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17219 on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:46 pm »

Now that is a goddam lie. The only thing not serious about the gaming is the iffy hit detection and wonky lag compensation.

Calm thy nerd rage, I'm talking from a hardware perspective. Any game that has that many people screaming into their mics nightly qualifies as serious gaming from a game play standpoint. From a hardware/technical perspective though, it's about the most serious game a casual can get into with a non-gaming PC.
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 13325