Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11467 11468 [11469] 11470 11471 ... 13319

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15151282 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #172020 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:28 pm »

Are you stealing cats, you heartless bastard?
Only from their mother and family :V
Mmm... This does not seem like a wise decision, at least in terms of the cats' health. Do you know how old they are?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #172021 on: May 19, 2016, 09:56:05 pm »

Had been eating solid food for... maybe two, three weeks? Probably less than a month, certainly less than two. Zero clue how old that translates into, though, I've been paying absolutely no attention to how many weeks/months they've been faffing about.

It's much better in terms of the cat's health, though. Most of the ones we don't manage to give away end up dead,* and generally the sooner they get sent off the less likely they are to come back (and end up dead).

Was just one kitten, though, and it was going to a home that has folks that have taken in young strays before, so it should be mostly a'ight.

*We're talking about cats that are basically strays, they just tend to stay near the house and eat the food the other housepeople put out, so I try to take the time to get them tame and ready to go when places are found for 'em.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:57:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #172022 on: May 19, 2016, 10:00:40 pm »

I, too have had a kitten selected for adoption, though it'll be at minimum another month before he's ready to go. And promises from others that they'll consider adopting one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #172023 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »

Well I can't call myself an expert by any means, but I think kittens shouldn't be taken away from their mother for about 8 weeks. No idea how that correlates anything though. I know they're born blind... there my knowledge end though.

As for the health thing, that mostly just comes from my wife being a vet, and she tells stories of irresponsible folks not looking after their animals properly, particularly puppies/kittens/various other baby animal things. So long as you're telling the folk you're giving them to take them to the vets ASAP, things should be not too bad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #172024 on: May 19, 2016, 10:07:15 pm »

Wait, you've never raised kittens before?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #172025 on: May 19, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »

Well, they're born unable to open their eyes or crap for a while, and unable to eat solid food (though you can keep them going with stuff like goat's milk and whatnot*) for a while longer, but this one was well past that point and well into the point of dismantling the small animals the other cats brought to the porch. No worries on us giving away cats that are too young unless the person taking them in knows very much what they're getting in to, aheh.

*Family's had a few cases over the years where the mother either died in birth or refused to nurse one or more kittens, so we've actually gone whole kitten-arse-wiping hog before.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #172026 on: May 20, 2016, 04:00:14 am »

Welp, went to the dentist today. Normally that's not a happy, but apparently i've been doing a good job with keeping my teeth stronk, so basically it barely took 10 minutes to check and clean them teef. For that i am glad, because lying down on my back made me somewhat nauseous. That, and i absolutely hate the sound and feeling of pointy metal objects scraping against my teeth, but overall i'd call this a success. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172027 on: May 20, 2016, 06:00:12 am »

Was playing The Last Federation, and managed to unite the entire star system in a harmonious federation...  Even the not-Klingons, not-Aliens, and evil robot planet-crackers.  (:
There were some heavy fleet engagements, but barely any bloody land invasions.  And no successful genocides.  Felt pretty good.

That was a few days ago.  Today I celebrated by playing "betrayal mode".  You want "voting proxies"?  You're not in the right "mood" to discuss alliance??  You just want to fight all the time!?  Say hello to my robot army with handheld gravy guns and jetpacks!  I'm recalling the Skylaxian senate, hahaahahAHAHA

So yeah that was fun.  Invading the Peltians (fat helpless birds who demand bribes) instead of scrambling to keep them alive was particularly cathartic.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172028 on: May 20, 2016, 09:45:04 am »

TFW you have Friday off and too many choices for what to do. Just got Stellaris, Far Harbor just launched, and my Rust server just wiped. Gah!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172029 on: May 20, 2016, 11:23:38 am »

Was out in the garden today and ran into one of the local cats that I hadn't seen for months. She's the friendliest little cat I've ever met. Black fur, pale green eyes and the cuddliest little mentality ever. She was a little spooked when she spotted me, but after I hunkered down and started slowly blinking at her she came running over for petting and cuddles.  :D

Whenever I stopped petting her with one of my hands she'd ram her face into it to get me to start using both hands again.

We don't know her name, so I just call her Friendly Neighbour Cat.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #172030 on: May 20, 2016, 11:35:06 am »

Ahh, that brings back memories of our own late fatty of a cat. Prone to conquering your lap with its warm and fluffy fat, surprise-headbutting you from the side and, as you say, violently shoving its face into your hands in order to say "KEEP PETTING ME, HUMAN". I bet that most pets only hang around humans for their petting-capable hands, food and water is just a bonus. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #172031 on: May 20, 2016, 11:35:22 am »

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1037.html

That is one smart worg. I like that dog, thing, whatever.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172032 on: May 20, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »

We have an OOTS thread hanging around, by the way.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172033 on: May 20, 2016, 02:27:09 pm »

Long weekend. Yey.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #172034 on: May 20, 2016, 02:33:47 pm »

New Steven Universe episodes are coming out this weekend, and the last new one was just yesterday! Woo-hoo!
Or so I heard
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 11467 11468 [11469] 11470 11471 ... 13319