Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11444 11445 [11446] 11447 11448 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742402 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171675 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »

as a person who uses multiple question marks regularly, the emotes pain me
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171676 on: May 07, 2016, 07:39:55 pm »

Just copy this set of 3 characters:​

??

and you can still have emotes like :) while ​??​??​??​?? all the time; you can do the same trick with 8​) instead of 8). The alt code is alt++200b. You need to literally hit the plus key before the rest of the numbers.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #171677 on: May 07, 2016, 08:11:55 pm »

Finally pulled the trigger on buying a new car. I've been squirreling away money for the last 4 years at my job and finally, I think it's time to do something with it. I managed to talk the dealership down about $700. Not too bad considering their margins are super tight. Going to buy it outright, no financing nonsense or payments for me!

It's this guy.

Buying a new car is generally a happy time for everyone, but for me it's especially happy. I've been driving a 20 year old car that's mean-looking (by design), ugly (not by design), loud (by design) and rattley (definitely not by design.) I bought it under delusions of being a street racer a long time ago, and I whooped its ass pretty hard for the 6 years I drove it, adding plenty of dents of my own. It was a total lemon when I bought it and I did it no favors either. I try to hide it, but I'm actually pretty vain and while I liked  scaring people with my car (it looks like what racing cars tend to look like in games like Need For Speed after they've wrecked across the race track a couple times), I didn't feel very cool in it anymore and every time I take it out on the highway I'm worried what it might do at 80 to 85mph. The last trip my driver-side window popped out of the frame and was ratting against the car so hard I thought it was going to shatter in my face. The dealership gave me $250 for it, which was fine by me because it saved me the effort of a) selling it to some unlucky bastard of a private owner b) listing it on Craig's List or something or c) parting it out.

So buying this thing is a huge mental relief for me. I don't have to worry about my car betraying failing me at the worst possible moment and it won't be an embarrassment to drive anymore. No more flat tires every 6 months due to bad alignment. No more feeling like I'm being blown around the interstate by the wind. And hopefully no more getting pulled over for one of many equipment violations on a yearly basis.

Seriously though, buying a new car at a dealership is a whole fucking ordeal. I was there for probably 5 hours, 1.5 of which was waiting for the fucking finance guy to hear "he's going to pay cash" and slam a bunch of forms through a printer. The haggling was kinda fun I'll admit but, I can understand why people find car buying intimidating. You have to walk in there ready to walk right the fuck back out to get what you want. Not that easy when you're sitting across from a guy who is a human being and his boss is walking around saying shit to other salesmen like "Need a sale out of you sometime this month!" No wonder younger generations just prefer to skip all the haggling and nonsense and just buy a car straight off a website.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:43:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171678 on: May 07, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »

Just copy this set of 3 characters:​

??

and you can still have emotes like :) while ​??​??​??​?? all the time; you can do the same trick with 8​) instead of 8). The alt code is alt++200b. You need to literally hit the plus key before the rest of the numbers.
There's also, under Attachments and other options, "Don't use smileys", or the [nobbc] tag which [s]should ??? [/s]did work.  Though, it does disable ALL BBCode.  As is obvious.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171679 on: May 07, 2016, 10:37:30 pm »

Playing Shadow of the Colossus again, after such a long time of not playing it. It's such a beautiful game, and so awesome to play.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #171680 on: May 08, 2016, 06:32:53 am »

You know, we actually released a Dreamcast game pretty similar to that concept, named Frame Gride. It's a mix of fantasy and mecha genres, both of which I love working on. I'd love to work on a game that evokes the same themes as anime series like Aura Battler Dunbine and The Vision of Escaflowne, but it would be incredibly difficult to do so. I want to work on a game like that, but other people at FromSoftware would think that would be an impossible idea."

MIYAZAKI IF YOU MAKE THIS AN ACTUAL THING THEN I WILL TAKE BACK ALL MY COMPLAINTS ABOUT FROM SOFTWARE FOR THE PAST COUPLE YEARS
It's FEF, not FEOF

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171682 on: May 08, 2016, 09:02:35 am »

Power seems to mostly be restored.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #171683 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:58 am »

london was pretty nice :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #171684 on: May 08, 2016, 09:59:42 am »

Speaking of giant robots and giant titans, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles a lot recently, and holy crap this game is just beautiful. This is the best RPG I've played yet, hands down. If and when I get a Wii U, I think I'll pick up the spiritual sequel.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171685 on: May 08, 2016, 10:03:49 am »

Woke up sore, dry mouth, mild headache...  Couldn't remember drinking last night...
... Because I didn't!  I just went for an extra long late-night hike.  And ate too many salty tortilla chips when I got home.  A couple glasses of water and now I feel just fine besides good exercise-soreness (:

I'm still having a beer or two sometimes, but not every day, and I'm actually staying under the legal driving amount...  Without even considering the tolerance I've probably built.  I'm drinking in moderation for fun, not to run away from problems (:  Tea helps a lot, since it satisfies the habit.  I used to do the same thing with diet ginger ale, but tea tastes so much better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171686 on: May 08, 2016, 10:04:29 am »

Yay!  Go you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #171687 on: May 08, 2016, 11:59:36 am »

Harlan Ellison's reading of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

I mean, it doesn't make me HAPPY, because it's I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. But it's a great short story, and Ellison is pretty great at reading it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #171688 on: May 08, 2016, 12:11:29 pm »

Harlan Ellison's reading of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

I mean, it doesn't make me HAPPY, because it's I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. But it's a great short story, and Ellison is pretty great at reading it.
I have no hands and I must applause

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171689 on: May 08, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »

Playing Shadow of the Colossus again, after such a long time of not playing it. It's such a beautiful game, and so awesome to play.
One of my favorite games of all time, without a doubt.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 11444 11445 [11446] 11447 11448 ... 13325