Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11395 11396 [11397] 11398 11399 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745759 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170940 on: April 15, 2016, 05:54:28 am »

But the students don't pay for them directly, which is what "free" means in this context
This, yes. Its good to remember its not-free, but you need to come up with a better word to descibe it Poo; otherwise people will assume whatever they think subsidized means to them, which could be worse than free.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170941 on: April 15, 2016, 06:02:06 am »

To be fair, the only people who are going to have a bad reaction to the word "subsidise" are right-wingers who probably think tertiary study should be a business anyway.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170942 on: April 15, 2016, 06:03:59 am »

Hang on, this isn't Ameripol?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170943 on: April 15, 2016, 06:04:27 am »

All is ameripol
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170944 on: April 15, 2016, 06:07:33 am »

There's no such thing as free uni or free healthcare.

I mention this because subsidized education and socialized healthcare are very important in my opinion, and saying that they are "free" demeans them and the professionals that work in them, and puts them at risk (because it's important that people are aware that these things are NOT free. They have a cost, and they have to be defended, both from people seeking to profit from them, and from misuse).
I would say this is a little pedantic, since we both know what is meant by "free" in that context, but then maybe I'm assuming again. You're right, anyway.

The connection between calling them free and demeaning the professionals that work in them still escapes me, though.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #170945 on: April 15, 2016, 06:53:45 am »

I learned today that pretentious has an alternate spelling prætentious.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170946 on: April 15, 2016, 06:59:56 am »

I learned today that pretentious has an alternate spelling prætentious.

Prætentious - for when 'pretentious' sounds like a gruesome understatement.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170947 on: April 15, 2016, 07:04:45 am »

I suppose I could be knee deep in debt, but certain happenings four years ago ensured that I wouldn't.

Or I still am, but maybe in gratitude format instead of monetary format.

Still, better to be unemployed and looking for a job instead of being unemployed, without diploma, no prospect for a job and still toiling on educational requirements which become dead enders.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #170948 on: April 15, 2016, 07:04:53 am »

All is ameripol
To keep with the theme of the happy thread here's Nyotalia America's... fuel tanks? national debts? GDP? boobs?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:10:02 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #170949 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:12 am »

I suppose I could be knee deep in debt, but certain happenings four years ago ensured that I wouldn't.

* hector13 immediately thinks you were secretly raiding banks, as a means to fund your education.

* hector13 would support such a move.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #170950 on: April 15, 2016, 10:22:41 am »

All is ameripol
To keep with the theme of the happy thread here's Nyotalia America's... fuel tanks? national debts? GDP? boobs?

-SNIP-

Cover yourself, Amerika, your democratic values are all exposed and practically hanging out.
Don't let anyone start inspecting them up close and personal, you will not like that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:24:36 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #170951 on: April 15, 2016, 11:32:44 am »

I now own a ring made of black Nephrite Jade. It's very nice.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170952 on: April 15, 2016, 11:55:35 am »

I finally committed to learning how to use Vim for real, and Vimtutor was perfect for that. So far I haven't actually done a whole lot of actual editing, but it's still stellar nonetheless - how did I put up with nano and other text editors up until now?

(i3 is an awesome window manager too; barring some issues with me not having an actual desktop environment anymore...I can't be bothered to )

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170953 on: April 15, 2016, 03:31:22 pm »

Just need to create my own Made-for-Netflix TV show about students becoming huge criminals in order to pay off their student loans. I'll call it Breaking Even.

On the subject, I finally registered for some classes at my local community college. Intro to Business and Business Mathematics. I'm not sure how well I'll do at all, but here goes nothing I guess. I'm eligible for some Student Aid, so I only need to pay off the remaining $71 that it doesn't cover.

I wanted to take 3 classes, but just the two *barely* fits into my schedule while also letting me keep my job and have a sane sleep schedule.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #170954 on: April 15, 2016, 04:04:21 pm »

All is ameripol
Cover yourself, Amerika, your democratic values are all exposed and practically hanging out.
Don't let anyone start inspecting them up close and personal, you will not like that.
That's just all the freedom hanging out. It's the natural state of freedom to be free and unconstrained.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 11395 11396 [11397] 11398 11399 ... 13325