Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11375 11376 [11377] 11378 11379 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748774 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170640 on: April 06, 2016, 04:07:38 am »

My dad watches a lot of youtube videos--how people cook, garden, and other such things.
Today, he made a batch of donuts straight from improvisation (because there somehow was a lack tools anywhere nearby <_>)
He used wine/tiny glasses for the dough template. While it ended up looking 'ok' in size at first, when it puffed up it became apparent that...we're going to have giant donuts. ._. He sprinkled some sugar on top and made a 2 dozen batches, which couldn't fit on the regular serving tray due to their size.

I also woke up late and discovered this. It was a big surprise.
We shared some with neighbors. \o/

I should learn how to Youtube one day in my free time. .__.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #170641 on: April 06, 2016, 05:29:41 am »

Oh, that's like, a doubly weird pronunciation. I thohg that because it looks like it's pronounced lait-motif, but archaic words have dumb pronunciation, so I assumed it was lay-motif.
I'm not sure, I'm not very good at pronunciation, but I think it's because it's German.

also this Thursday I will be doing a podcast with one of my friends, we have been wanting to do this for about a month now so EXCITED for this too.
I'm jealous. I've always wanted to make a podcast.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #170642 on: April 06, 2016, 09:52:48 am »

also this Thursday I will be doing a podcast with one of my friends, we have been wanting to do this for about a month now so EXCITED for this too.

This will be my first and my friend is the one who knows what he´s doing
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170643 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:52 am »

Cryxis! Missed seeing you around :D Cheers ahead there o/

...What is a podcast? :-[

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170644 on: April 06, 2016, 09:56:24 am »

Cryxis! Missed seeing you around :D Cheers ahead there o/

You take a pod of beans and cast them at your foes while talking.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170645 on: April 06, 2016, 10:00:49 am »

Oh, that's like, a doubly weird pronunciation. I thohg that because it looks like it's pronounced lait-motif, but archaic words have dumb pronunciation, so I assumed it was lay-motif.
Pretty much, I was pronouncing it layt-mohteef
But German pronunciation is often surprising, yeah...

Small happy with Swarm Simulator, I'm using swarmwarps instead of cloning on this run.  It's fun because I get to play more than 15 seconds every two hours or so.
I'd share my progress, but it's probably pretty low haha...  I avoided ascending until like weekend before last.  Mutagen is niiiice, I ascended again Sunday.  Now I'm a day or two from a proper
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #170646 on: April 06, 2016, 10:30:42 am »

An audio file composed primarily of unscripted speech. It could be a diary, a talk show or even people playing a roleplaying game, or something else entirely.

I personally prefer the written word as I can read faster than most people can speak, but then again, a podcast is faster to make as most people can speak faster than they can write. Legibility and clarity are also something to take into account.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:32:14 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #170647 on: April 06, 2016, 10:52:34 am »

People also generally have more opportunities to listen to things than read things. You can listen to a podcast while driving, or while working with your hands, or while playing a video game. Ease of access means a larger potential audience. There are also things that are more suited to either format - personal anecdotes feel very natural when spoken, but if you're contrasting two things it helps to be able to look at both at once. Not to mention the fact that people tend to be more skilled at talking than writing, so an average person probably needs a lot less practice to produce a quality podcast than an equivalent article.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:18:14 am by penguinofhonor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170648 on: April 06, 2016, 10:56:02 am »

leitmotif is pronounced "light-motif"
I thought that because it looks like it's pronounced lait-motif, but archaic words have dumb pronunciation, so I assumed it was lay-motif.
Pretty much, I was pronouncing it layt-mohteef
I always pronounced it 'leet mohteef'.
I think I got it off a movie, or buddy cop shows or something.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170649 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »

An audio file composed primarily of unscripted speech. It could be a diary, a talk show or even people playing a roleplaying game, or something else entirely.

I personally prefer the written word as I can read faster than most people can speak, but then again, a podcast is faster to make as most people can speak faster than they can write. Legibility and clarity are also something to take into account.

Tiruin, have you heard of Welcome to Nightvale? I can compress the ~20 minute podcast-radioplays if spooky desert town public radio sounds fun to you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170650 on: April 06, 2016, 03:52:09 pm »

At last, the student loan debt is slain.

Now it's off to new and exciting kinds of debt. See you later, you wasted years!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170651 on: April 06, 2016, 03:52:32 pm »

Just got back from an amazing trip to the U.K. with my family in which I got to visit my sister I hadn't seen in 2 months(she's studying abroad). I have also managed to make up all the school work I missed since I missed a day fairly easily, and just used some money I got for my birthday to buy Europa Universalis 4 and all the DLC I felt was essential on a really good sale.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #170653 on: April 06, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »

At last, the student loan debt is slain.

Now it's off to new and exciting kinds of debt. See you later, you wasted years!

Excellent! Always nice to knock some debt off the list!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 11375 11376 [11377] 11378 11379 ... 13325