Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11328 11329 [11330] 11331 11332 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752060 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169935 on: March 19, 2016, 06:29:01 pm »

Yay!
I think I actually helped someone!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169936 on: March 19, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

also i hope your sleep quality improves soon NullForce because that sounds terrible

Thank you for your concern, but it's been a problem for twenty years now, I don't think its going to get better.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169937 on: March 19, 2016, 06:32:57 pm »

*sends comfortable pillows, earplugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169938 on: March 19, 2016, 06:33:57 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:01:41 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169939 on: March 19, 2016, 06:41:51 pm »

Thank you for your concern, but it's been a problem for twenty years now, I don't think its going to get better.
Welp, really sorry to hear that. I am, however, still going to be hoping ineffectually, since it's a free action. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169940 on: March 19, 2016, 06:42:18 pm »

Welp, really sorry to hear that. I am, however, still going to be hoping ineffectually, since it's a free action. :v
Hah.

Me too.
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #169941 on: March 19, 2016, 06:43:20 pm »

PPE: Good thing that I love bullet hells and good stories, then >_> <_<

I'm not so much impressed with the bullet hells or story or music.  I was amazed with all the innovations in interactive storytelling.  Most creative use of pc game narrative I'd possibly ever seen.  Gameplay elements directly integrated with the plot in meaningful fashion.  Extraordinary stuff on that front, in my opinion.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #169942 on: March 19, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

Well, anyway.

I've boiled down my current thoughts on the meaning of life down into a few short sentences after a comment from my mother about how "some things still needed to be done".

"Things need to be done. Then life ends. And things still need to be done."

Somehow that makes me happy, but it also makes me sad at the same time. But that's life. You're happy and sad. Then life ends. And you're still happy and sad.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #169943 on: March 19, 2016, 06:47:17 pm »

PPE: Good thing that I love bullet hells and good stories, then >_> <_<

I'm not so much impressed with the bullet hells or story or music.  I was amazed with all the innovations in interactive storytelling.  Most creative use of pc game narrative I'd possibly ever seen.  Gameplay elements directly integrated with the plot in meaningful fashion.  Extraordinary stuff on that front, in my opinion.

Not to mention the things the developer thinks of are... almost psychic.

Just check out the TV Tropes page on it (I won't patronize you by giving you a link).

There's also the fan-made battles, although I've only checked out Undertale-RED.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #169944 on: March 19, 2016, 07:06:44 pm »

Well, normally I would be going along with most other people in saying that Undertale is the "Best Game Evar" and such, but I'm gonna take a page out of YMS here and say it was more "I really liked it" than "It's the best", it's a pretty heavily story driven game, and because of that if you don't really have a habit of getting emotionally invested in characters or don't particularly like meta-narritives that much it probably isn't for you, the combat system, while a nice change of pace for me, certainly has some troubles (Although I personally didn't notice any), some areas are a bit uninspired and it takes a bit before the game really gets going, plus although I think the music is great and perfectly fits every scene it's put in I can understand how some people dislike Flowey's ear-piercing music.

Still, if I were to rate it, I would put it, without a doubt on the top of my favourite games list, likely not the game I would bring with me to a deserted iskand, but while it's short and I personally can't bring myself to play it again I love it to bits.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169945 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:09 pm »

The main thing about undertale is it's one of those games where all the elements just click together well. The worst thing about it is the fandom, everything else is pretty alright at worst.

It's also kinda best to go in blind and unhyped, but the latter is almost impossible now for most people assuming you get interested in it at all.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169946 on: March 19, 2016, 08:02:10 pm »

(Take your time. The music is definitely the highpoint.)
It's pretty good, though. Ignore the fandom, at least until you finish the game. And ignore what people SAY about the fandom, as it's mostly bullshit. People whining that it's cancerous blah de blah. It's honestly not that terrible and people who whine about it are often just as bad.

Enjoy!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #169948 on: March 19, 2016, 08:13:27 pm »

Knock 'em dead, champ!

Don't... actually kill anyone?

If you do... I'll... be real upset!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169949 on: March 19, 2016, 08:13:50 pm »

We all will be.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 11328 11329 [11330] 11331 11332 ... 13325