Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11323 11324 [11325] 11326 11327 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754755 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169860 on: March 18, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »

I survived the massive rush of homework and studying that happens when you don't do anything all spring break and forget about 3 tests during the following week. The play I'm working on is progressing nicely, we're all blocked and everything so now we just have to act. Easy part. :P I'm actually completing projects that I start, which is a fairly new thing for me. Life is good.

Also my boyfriend is visiting next week.

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169861 on: March 18, 2016, 07:28:18 pm »

Normally I go to bed around 1 and get up around 12 (unemployment ftw?) but last night I went to bed at 3 and today got up at 11.
I think I'm improving!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169862 on: March 18, 2016, 07:36:22 pm »

OW, that's not improving, that's "What."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169863 on: March 18, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:06:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169864 on: March 18, 2016, 07:40:23 pm »

*applauds*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169865 on: March 18, 2016, 07:48:22 pm »

Out of curiosity, why join the priesthood? Also, aren't there female priests nowadays?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169866 on: March 18, 2016, 07:50:34 pm »

Out of curiosity, why join the priesthood? Also, aren't there female priests nowadays?
It depends on the denomination. I know that the Catholics don't, though I can't think of any others that don't off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:52:20 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169867 on: March 18, 2016, 07:57:33 pm »

Very, VERY rare, Sirus. The only denomination off the top of my head that may allow it would probably be UU. Anglicans or Catholics or the various and sundry protestant groups don't allow it, in the vast majority of them at least.

Edit: Slightly more common than I thought. For example, with Anglican, it depends on the diocese.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169868 on: March 18, 2016, 07:58:57 pm »

Very, VERY rare, Sirus. The only denomination off the top of my head that may allow it would probably be UU. Anglicans or Catholics or the various and sundry protestant groups don't allow it, in the vast majority of them at least.

Edit: Slightly more common than I thought. For example, with Anglican, it depends on the diocese.
I mean, there are priests-with-wives in some of those too, but yeah...Rare.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169869 on: March 18, 2016, 07:59:42 pm »

Very, VERY rare
Only in America.

Reformed church doesn't. Most charismatic, pentecostal, and baptist churches will have women holding office. Presbyterian and Anglican churches are a mixed bag, although they're definitely leaning towards a more liberal approach.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169870 on: March 18, 2016, 08:03:17 pm »

Anglicans do technically allow women to be ordained as deacons or priests, but it seems to be a bit rare.  Like, in the sense of "dozens" rare.  Various Methodist churches are also typically willing to ordain women (as well as also allowing married priests, and I believe also priests to marry - which are distinct since some Christian denominations allow married men to become priests but do not allow priests to become married men).

EDIT: Oh, and Descan did correct that post already before my post went in.  Ah, well, the second bit still stands. ^_^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:11:04 pm by Culise »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169871 on: March 18, 2016, 08:06:03 pm »

Ahuh.

Did not know that.
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169872 on: March 18, 2016, 08:08:50 pm »

Ahuh.

Did not know that.
To be fair, it is a fairly recent thing in the UK proper.  While they ordained 32 women as priests in 1994, the first female diocese bishop in the UK (Rachel Treweek) was literally consecrated less than a year ago.  Hong Kong was the most progressive in that respect; they've been permitting it since 1971 (1944 if you count wartime exigencies), and the US followed not too long after.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169873 on: March 18, 2016, 08:20:52 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:05:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #169874 on: March 18, 2016, 08:22:49 pm »

I learned that Team Fortress 2 is free, and that my computer can run it. This is a happy.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 11323 11324 [11325] 11326 11327 ... 13325