Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788312 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #16815 on: August 16, 2010, 03:00:04 pm »

This conversation is random. How did this even come up?

I really couldn't care less about looks, either my own or others. I stare at the ground in front of me when I walk so I don't pay much attention to anyone else, and tend to focus my eyes on a point behind people I talk to. Then again, I'm 18 and have never even considered getting a girlfriend, so my opinion is apparently pretty far from the norm.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: August 16, 2010, 03:07:31 pm »

I'll twist that quotation as I see fit, thank you very much.

...However, I didn't mean for that to come across as some sort of Neckbeard Empowerment thing. I meant to say that "looking good" isn't about ascribing to whatever the popular ideas in fashion or hair or physical appearances happens to be at the time. Any artist I've met would tell you that aesthetic beauty is in how things are arranged and combined. Some people can rock a big, well-groomed neckbeard.

Besides, social ideas of what "looks good" change from year to year, and place to place... mostly because it's all subjective. Some folks like beards, and some don't. However, a lot of people just buy in to the nebulous concept of "popular opinion" on the subject, which is commonly based on the opinions of a cabal of fashion designers, who then suggest a "new look" for a series of popular figures... and it trickles down from there.

EDIT: Hence, do what you think looks good, and exercise personal taste. Suede shirts may not be my thing, but if they make you happy, then that is awesome.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:11:05 pm by Solifuge »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: August 16, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »

szccgjzmkshxjzhncmkxksfhjhn?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: August 16, 2010, 03:11:32 pm »

szccgjzmkshxjzhncmkxksfhjhn?

Would you like to buy a vowel or ten, sweetheart?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: August 16, 2010, 03:12:50 pm »

After playing Bananagram, vowels are the death of me. Them and Q's. Rock on Armok, in your own crazy not terribly likable way.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: August 16, 2010, 03:13:51 pm »

Besides, social ideas of what "looks good" change from year to year, and place to place... mostly because it's all subjective. Some folks like beards, and some don't. However, a lot of people just buy in to the nebulous concept of "popular opinion" on the subject, which is commonly based on the opinions of a cabal of fashion designers, who then suggest a "new look" for a series of popular figures... and it trickles down from there.

See, I don't even know how prevalent that is outside of gradeschool, when obsessing over looks is the only thing many people have to do anyway.  Most real people have a wide variety of stuff they wear when they want to look good, with different themes for different occasions.  The only adults who actually care about what's "in season" are people with the way too goddamn much money necessary to buy new designer clothes all the time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: August 16, 2010, 03:19:56 pm »

I happen to hang around people involved in the Business sphere, so I still see fashion crap a lot. It might be a regional thing, too... I live in a suburban area right next to a town full of stupidly wealthy University goers, most of which are out-of-district or international students. There's a great deal of hipness happening, and it can be rather bothersome.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #16822 on: August 16, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »

BitQuest has begun. I've been told that following something to completion will help my motivation issues, so I'm going to finish this forum adventure goddammit!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: August 16, 2010, 04:02:54 pm »

Okay this game is fucking with me.

I guess SEKRIT EXIT FIND TIME

Edit: Oh god wat.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:13:32 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: August 16, 2010, 04:41:29 pm »

Wait, whuh?  "The bamboo forest maze x2?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »

3/4 of my roomies have finally moved in. Huzzah! Another few weeks and the house for five will be full again.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: August 16, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

Wait, whuh?  "The bamboo forest maze x2?"

If you read the name of the world then I'd say it's about right. Bamboo and earth rabbits everywhere.

I think I'm making some progress now. Buyable Reisen suits at least.

Edit: Funny?

4:48 PM - [DFC] SHAD0Wdump: Onwards!
4:48 PM - Janet♫♥♪: BUT
4:49 PM - Janet♫♥♪: IM JUST A ORDINARY MAGIGIAN DRESSED AS A BUNNY ONLY GOOD FOR HER SEX APPEAL
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:49:31 pm by Janet »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: August 16, 2010, 05:08:49 pm »

What game is that? Touhou obviously, but specifically I mean.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: August 16, 2010, 05:11:20 pm »

Everyone is just calling it "New Super Marisa Land". It's easy to find if you know where to look.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: August 16, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »

Dakk your avatar is a "person" (if you can call it that) from Gurren Lagann.
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 13325