Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788549 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #16800 on: August 16, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »

People always strive to be perfect, but if you get there in any way things become...

Yeah, exactly.  That's why I always find myself hoping for heroines with aquiline noses or whatever--just a little something to make up for the mute ranks of women with perfect hair, perfect shoulders, and those cute little dimples (argh).

I'm actually looking forward to getting gray hair.  My mom thinks I'm nuts, but there you have it.

Really? I see all kinds of people in college, from long haired metalheads, hipsters and goths to catholic girls, jocks and really big bear like guys. From indie-cred pretentious design student to typical bros hanging around with their silly incubus shirts and xbox.

I used to live in international-student housing, which was plunked straight in the middle of the sorority crowd.  It got really boring, really quick.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16801 on: August 16, 2010, 01:04:38 pm »

Good Lord do I hate fratguys.  Every once in a while I see some holdout wearing flipflops, Bermuda shorts, and a shell necklace.  How that look got popular, I'll never know.  As is, I just wear a lot of black rock-tour shirts, because it hides the ungodly amount of sweat entailed in being in Texas.

Nah, it's more like... I way prefer people who haven't completely "cleaned up."  Nice clothes will always be nice.  It's just good to have an interesting-looking person in those nice clothes.  I get so bored walking around on college campuses, seriously.

Would that your viewpoint was more common.  My facial hair refuses to become completely clean; it looks better grown out, because at least then it's even.  It perfectly complements the five hairs on the bridge of my nose that occasionally threaten to turn into a unibrow, and the whiskers creeping their way up and over my cheekbones.

Nice clothes I would work on, but it's just not worth it to wear my awesome faux-suede shirts in the summer if I have to be outside for more than thirty seconds.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:06:41 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: August 16, 2010, 01:18:03 pm »

I'm actually looking forward to getting gray hair.  My mom thinks I'm nuts, but there you have it.
I already have grey hair, despite only being 16. My father's side of the family has weird genetics when it comes to hair. Almost all the men on that side of the family have only grey hair by the time they're 35, but the hairline doesn't even start to recede untill 50 or so.

In the same vein of thought, I've always wondered what people have against scars.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: August 16, 2010, 01:25:11 pm »

@MetalSlimeHunt: It scares even me, I'm terrified of changing it, afraid it'll reach out and drag me into its horrid booty shaking dimension if I try. I'm slowly getting used to it though, it compels thee to booty shaking.

THEE MUST BOOTYSHAKE, THE BOOTYSHAKE ENTITY COMPELS THEE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: August 16, 2010, 01:28:13 pm »

People just have to be "perfect". It's stupid. I've been on the receiving end of insults in my appearance too. Since while people seem to agree I have a pretty face it's got a scar, i'm incredibility pale, and as Aqizzar so eloquently said I got all the curves of a broomstick. Well the last is a bit of exaggeration. I have nice hips apparently.

Really just be yourself for your own benefit. It's not good to worry about things like that. I could moan and whine that my sister is 6'2" with at least D cup breasts and curved enough to make me wonder why she's pretty much single. But I'm not. Because I LIKE myself and that's important.

Besides my figure lets me do cute way better </3
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: August 16, 2010, 01:40:48 pm »

@MetalSlimeHunt: It scares even me, I'm terrified of changing it, afraid it'll reach out and drag me into its horrid booty shaking dimension if I try. I'm slowly getting used to it though, it compels thee to booty shaking.

THEE MUST BOOTYSHAKE, THE BOOTYSHAKE ENTITY COMPELS THEE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ITS SO DAMN SCARY AND MIND BENDING AND COMPELLING I'M ALMOST DOING IT IRL, ITS LIKE CARAMELLDANSEN ALL OVER AGAIN.

Anyway, there's no such perfect look. All that matters is the kind of people you want to attract to yourself or be part of, at least for most people anyway. I just try to look socialy acceptable and let personality do the rest. This way you have a bigger chance of making friends and not just attract people that like you because you look like a clone of theirs or of someone they like.

When your appearance just happens to fit exactly into someone's tastes, they'll try to come in contact with you, try to get closer, and then leave you because "omg he(she) was totally not how I expect him(her) to be", etc.

This has happened to me more then once in the past one and a half years of college. Random people who I barely know invite me to some party, I say I'll think about it, I don't show up, they stop talking to me. I even intended to go once, but I forgot >:C

Screw you, college people, I don't care about your cheap beer, your new shirt or the kind of stuff you smoke. >:C
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:53:20 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16806 on: August 16, 2010, 02:07:20 pm »

New laptop finally showed up!!!!  :D
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: August 16, 2010, 02:09:07 pm »

When your appearance just happens to fit exactly into someone's tastes, they'll try to come in contact with you, try to get closer, and then leave you because "omg he(she) was totally not how I expect him(her) to be", etc.

This has happened to me more then once in the past one and a half years of college. Random people who I barely know invite me to some party, I say I'll think about it, I don't show up, they stop talking to me. I even intended to go once, but I forgot >:C

Screw you, college people, I don't care about your cheap beer, your new shirt or the kind of stuff you smoke. >:C

Are you serious?  I guess I'm lucky, then, because usually the way things go for me is "You look crazy!"  Then we get to know each other, and they quickly move into "... You actually are crazy!"  I don't get invited to parties, but there's never any sort of misunderstanding (except for those who think I'm a theater major, and they learn soon enough).

Meh.  I should probably stop complaining about the dearth of attractive guys, but now that I'm thinking about dating and the only people who come to mind as smoking hot are either a. 55-year-old completely insane mathematicians or b. dead for hundreds of years, it's making things... interesting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: August 16, 2010, 02:21:31 pm »

Oh don't get me wrong, I've been called crazy for not caring about the main social groups around me on college, but I don't really absolutely stand out either. I mean, I just try not to think about it. Its weird like that, if you don't take the active role of searching for people, they come to you, when you least want them, fuck.

Anyways, chill, just try to look the way you feel happier with yourself. If getting a new haircut or new clothes would make you happy, just do it. As long as you're not actively pushing them away and you don't look like a hulking monster, they'll come to you, and you don't fall into that category, so chill and don't worry about it. If you want to talk to someone and make friends, go ahead and try it, the worst that can happen is being called crazy anyway :P

I also don't get invited to a bunch of other parties too, the ones I mentioned were the sort of "lets get everyone togheder and get drunk" kind of parties.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:24:40 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »

I have nice hips apparently.

That must be the actual broom part of the stick then.

Ba dum TSSSHHH

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: August 16, 2010, 02:24:19 pm »

Anyways, chill, just try to look the way you feel happier with yourself. If getting a new haircut or new clothes would make you happy, just do it. As long as you're not actively pushing them away and you don't look like a hulking monster, they'll come to you, and you don't fall into that category, so chill and don't worry about it.

No, no >_>  I don't feel any need to change my appearance.  I feel a need to go break some noses so that there will be people with improved looks.

I'm not completely serious.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: August 16, 2010, 02:28:14 pm »

Then you should totally tell them to do so, and get called crazy, because crazy people are awesome.

Or you could bite them, like I do :P , thee bay12ers should be happy I have not dragged myself to anyway bay12 meeting.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: August 16, 2010, 02:39:57 pm »

Nah, it's more like... I way prefer people who haven't completely "cleaned up."  Nice clothes will always be nice.  It's just good to have an interesting-looking person in those nice clothes.  I get so bored walking around on college campuses, seriously.

Would that your viewpoint was more common.  My facial hair refuses to become completely clean; it looks better grown out, because at least then it's even.  It perfectly complements the five hairs on the bridge of my nose that occasionally threaten to turn into a unibrow, and the whiskers creeping their way up and over my cheekbones.

I'm Solifuge, and I approve this message. The average person is so concerned with how they look to everyone else that no one has a chance to actually look at anyone else. Better to be satisfied in your uniqueness than to try and warp yourself to fit a mold. Besides, despite what the hottest fashions would have you think, looking "good" is entirely subjective; aesthetics is more about how you arrange and combine things than putting it together in a predefined way.

Speaking of which, I want to go get a haircut that works with this here stubble-beard thing. Time to be inventive!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: August 16, 2010, 02:50:55 pm »

Vector: "I like scrawny guys"
Aqizzar: "Hey, did you know that I'm kinda scrawny?"

Il Palazzo approves. Go forth ye and multiply.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: August 16, 2010, 02:55:08 pm »

Vector: "I like scrawny guys"
Aqizzar: "Hey, did you know that I'm kinda scrawny?"

Il Palazzo approves. Go forth ye and multiply.

I swear to God, I will reach through this screen and slap the Polack off your hide.

I'm Solifuge, and I approve this message. The average person is so concerned with how they look to everyone else that no one has a chance to actually look at anyone else. Better to be satisfied in your uniqueness than to try and warp yourself to fit a mold. Besides, despite what the hottest fashions would have you think, looking "good" is entirely subjective; aesthetics is more about how you arrange and combine things than putting it together in a predefined way.

Whoa whoa whoa.  I'm not saying "Power to the Neckbeards" or "Down With Acknowledgment of Clothing" dude.  I like looking good, I just don't put in the work to do it all the time.  And I'd like it if more women like facial hair - not that I don't blame the ones who don't, since I don't even like it, I'm just stuck with it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 13325