Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11160 11161 [11162] 11163 11164 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746051 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167415 on: January 17, 2016, 11:24:32 am »

Manga? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167416 on: January 17, 2016, 11:33:31 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:19:27 am by penguinofhonor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #167417 on: January 17, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »

I got my first tattoo and it's healing all right. So exciting!
Oh, what of?
A scenary: sea, fir-trees, stones, sun... It's a bracelet on the left upper-arm. I like it so much. No regrets. Beautiful.

Oh? That sounds lovely. Is it on the photo thread? I've been brought up in a household where tattoos are frowned upon, but I think they can look very nice if done tastefully. I don't think I have the self confidence or courage to get one, mind.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167418 on: January 17, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »

Oh? That sounds lovely. Is it on the photo thread? I've been brought up in a household where tattoos are frowned upon, but I think they can look very nice if done tastefully. I don't think I have the self confidence or courage to get one, mind.

Not yet. I didn't have time to take a photo, plus it's still swollen, plus I'll have to be wearing bandage for two or three more days, I think. Can't wait to take a snap of it myself - there's no other way I can see the back part(
As for the courage - I had first to find a serious reason why it was better to do it than to do not, and put it into words. Don't understand people who do it to show off or because it's "stylish". And I didn't know anyone with a tattoo until recently, too.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167419 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:48 pm »

I am learning to crochet! It's pretty cool! I am very slowly transforming a giant ball of yarn into a scarf with just my hands.

Wooo-hoo! Crochet-bro! Beware, you will not be able to stop. Scarf is a beginning of a long and interesting way.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #167420 on: January 17, 2016, 12:54:57 pm »

I am learning to crochet! It's pretty cool! I am very slowly transforming a giant ball of yarn into a scarf with just my hands.

Wooo-hoo! Crochet-bro! Beware, you will not be able to stop. Scarf is a beginning of a long and interesting way.

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167421 on: January 17, 2016, 12:56:34 pm »

Hoping to get started on painting some miniatures tomorrow, assuming the weather cooperates. Haven't done any painting in over two years. Cautiously excited :D
Oh? What of?
Custom 3D-printed heroes. A berserker, a spear-wielding soldier, a mage, a bard...not gonna try to paint them all at once of course. My two-plus-year-old-dwarf turned out great, but that might have been a tremendous fluke that I'll never replicate :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #167422 on: January 17, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »

New phone! Relatively low-end chunkyish Nokia, but the sound quality is deific for a cellphone so it's all good.

Also, my brother and I shared a cheese and mushroom waffle and an Oreo and icecream waffle. So delicious.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #167423 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:37 pm »

I am really liking Dragon's Dogma. It is to Skyrim what Skyrim was to Dragon Age, at least for me - a shift in emphasis toward adding engaging gameplay at the expense of story. So, where Skyrim had you dodging about shooting and stabbing dragons instead of clicking on them, Dragon's Dogma has you climbing on them and doing all that fun stuff that only exists in kill camera shots. Meanwhile, where Skyrim at least tried to have a coherent main plotline off which all the exploration dangled, Dragon's Dogma does not seem to give even the wateriest of shits about things like characterization, pacing, or even basic things like telling you there's a romance mechanic. Which, overall, I actually kind of enjoy because it means they're mostly not trying to balance the impossible load of "open world quest completion smorgasbord" and "linear epic adventure of fate and destiny" - which is good because every time it makes anything like a token effort at the latter, it flubs it in a way that's as terrible as it is generic.

if it gets mod support it'll probably replace skyrim as my generic fantasy timesink
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167424 on: January 17, 2016, 02:58:55 pm »

The above is why I adored the game when it came out on Console. Unfortunately, the PC version doesn't have the glorious intro song.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167425 on: January 17, 2016, 02:59:35 pm »

Hoping to get started on painting some miniatures tomorrow, assuming the weather cooperates. Haven't done any painting in over two years. Cautiously excited :D
Oh? What of?
Custom 3D-printed heroes. A berserker, a spear-wielding soldier, a mage, a bard...not gonna try to paint them all at once of course. My two-plus-year-old-dwarf turned out great, but that might have been a tremendous fluke that I'll never replicate :P
Siiick.
Jelly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167426 on: January 17, 2016, 03:16:42 pm »

The idea that the gameplay of Skyrim was more engaging than that of DA:O is something I have trouble fitting my head around. Of course, Skyrim had that exploration element which was what I found really fun about it. But to say that Skyrim's combat was more interesting than DA's would be really strange, given that Skyrim's combat is basically the same as in every game that gives you a melee weapon ever. Which is, ironically, clicking things while moving around a bit sometimes. Now Dragon Age, especially on the harder difficulty, really made me think about what the hell I was doing with each of my party members, because otherwise the aforementioned dragon would absolutely wipe the floor with my ass, unlike in Skyrim.

It's like, I found both of those games very fun in general (I prefer DA, but Skyrim isn't far behind). But if we're talking about gameplay specifically, the idea that Skyrim had more engaging gameplay is non-trivial to me. I don't even necessarily disagree, it's just... non-trivial.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #167427 on: January 17, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »

Eh, Skyrim was better as a simulator. DA did offer greater strategic considerations, but the fun I get out of those is less than the visceral thrill of tactics in a game where I have to dodge and time my attacks and that sort of thing. Even if the latter is a game that is much more exploitable, so that it also winds up being easier and less varied. I mean, yeah, at the end of the day it's all "Click on what you want to die", but eh.

Different things for different folks, I suppose.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #167428 on: January 17, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

Still waiting for a game like Skyrim to implement a combat system similar to or on par with Mount & Blade's.  It would be fucking nirvana.  Proof that this can be done better, and an example of how is right out there.  Don't know why no one will follow that lead.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167429 on: January 17, 2016, 03:54:59 pm »

Duke Patrick's mod for Skyrim does that. It's hardcore as fuck, though, the dude made it as realistic as he could get it, which means a good, fast hit with a mace on the head means you're out. It also damages through godmode, incidentally.
Pages: 1 ... 11160 11161 [11162] 11163 11164 ... 13325