Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11142 11143 [11144] 11145 11146 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15747294 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167145 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »

Keep in mind that 4chan's boards are so distinct and insular from each other that they regularly have staged competitions, invasions, and proms :P

Like Reddit and Tumblr, these "communities" really... aren't.  They're swarms, *large* swarms of distinct communities united by software and a silly flag.  The 4chan SS13 server isn't called SS4chan or something, it's called /tg/station.  And then there's that /v/ one that I know like *nothing about* because, basically, "ew /v/ lol".

Hell even in each board, you get subcommunities forming.  "Video games" is a big concept.  Hence the formation of "/vr/" for retro, /pokemon/ or whatever...  And in /vr/ there's a constant Doom and Doom clones thread that gets jealous jabs from other threads.

Not really arguing against anybody, just wanted to muse about how cool these communities are.  Since Reddit seems pretty similar, just more democratic and namef-----.

Pitting them against each other in a game could be fun, but they're just *so* amorphous and disjointed really.  Very loose confederations held together more by software than culture.  Which is beautiful :D

Edit:  Here's what the RTS would be like imho:  Take the world's baseball, basketball, and football teams and set the three sides against each other in a dance off.  (Bay12 can be lacrosse)  (American or international football?  yes, both together)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:10:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #167146 on: January 08, 2016, 11:14:41 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167147 on: January 08, 2016, 11:31:58 pm »

jesus christ that's horrifying

I lurk constantly at all hours just waiting for the chance to make inane shitposts and I still only hit around 13-14ppd.

You see, your issue is that you only shit post when there's a chance to do so. If you wish to be a truly prolific shitposter, you must post irregardless of it being appropriate or at all a logical moment to do so. Shitposting itself must become the ends for it's own means and visa versa.

Breaking news: Irregardless is not a word! You wanted "regardless." That's two characters you could save if you were tweeting!

... I'm sure if you were tweeting you'd just rewrite it all to not be so wordy instead. Say,
Quote from: Fake Tweet
SHITPOST 24/7 YOLO CAT TAX

(I actually did an image search for 'cat tax' and selected that one - someone ELSE made it in memegenerator :P)
(... tweet can still fit 90 more characters)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167148 on: January 08, 2016, 11:42:26 pm »

jesus christ that's horrifying

I lurk constantly at all hours just waiting for the chance to make inane shitposts and I still only hit around 13-14ppd.

You see, your issue is that you only shit post when there's a chance to do so. If you wish to be a truly prolific shitposter, you must post irregardless of it being appropriate or at all a logical moment to do so. Shitposting itself must become the ends for it's own means and visa versa.

Breaking news: Irregardless is not a word!

Even more breaking: it's been a word for 100 years! Saying it isn't is nothing but pedantry!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #167149 on: January 08, 2016, 11:44:27 pm »

nothing but pedantry
literally the internet's official native language

don't be fooled, html is basically just a pidgin to allow pedants from different nations to correct each other more efficiently
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167150 on: January 08, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »

nothing but pedantry

don't be fooled, html http is basically just a pidgin to allow pedants from different nations to correct each other more efficiently
FTFY.

Probably, I assume you mean the backbone of the Internet, but if not, it's still funny because it was a pedantic thing to do, get it, hahahhahaha.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167151 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:35 pm »

nothing but pedantry

don't be fooled, html is basically just a pidgin to allow pedants from different nations to correct each other more efficiently

In general, code is a magic form of pedantry that controls the world and causes horrible problems if you don't use correct grammar/spelling.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167152 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:12 pm »

nothing but pedantry

In general, code is a magic form of pedantry that controls the world and causes horrible problems if you don't use correct grammar/spelling.
SEGMENTATION FAULT
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167153 on: January 09, 2016, 12:02:47 am »

Even more breaking: it's been a word for 100 years! Saying it isn't is nothing but pedantry!

Words are wind. ;D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167154 on: January 09, 2016, 12:04:27 am »

Words aren't wind, they're words.  Words are malleable, perhaps?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #167155 on: January 09, 2016, 12:29:47 am »

Words are made by blowing air out your mouth, air movement is wind, ergo words are wind.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167156 on: January 09, 2016, 12:41:41 am »

Words are made by blowing air out your mouth, air movement is wind, ergo words are wind.
Ergo you can blow me, you pedant.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #167157 on: January 09, 2016, 12:49:12 am »

Probably, I assume you mean the backbone of the Internet, but if not, it's still funny because it was a pedantic thing to do, get it, hahahhahaha.
in keeping with the spirit of your correction, i'm forced to insist that i indeed meant html

http is a protocol, not a language

i still like you anyway though
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167158 on: January 09, 2016, 01:23:35 am »

But code is both a tarpit and transcendent. For some it is eloquent, for some it is drudgery beyond expression. Sometimes it has a point, communicates something beyond the program it compiles or interprets to. Much of the time it doesn't even represent what it is supposed to compile or interpret to, failing even that most literal meaning.

I was going to object to html being a programming language, but it happens to be Turing complete with CSS, which is even less hacky than javascript.

Well at least it used to be particularly inexpressive before CSS3 or whatever it is we're on, but hey, now that someone's encoded a turing complete program in html and CSS, we're free of that. :\

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167159 on: January 09, 2016, 02:07:44 am »

Hey, he didn't say it was a programming language, just a language. Which it is! It's a markup language.
Pages: 1 ... 11142 11143 [11144] 11145 11146 ... 13325