Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796066 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #16620 on: August 14, 2010, 09:29:56 pm »

I'm afraid that Bay 12 ranks a solid 84 on the ATROCIT-O-METER, giving our community a rating of IRREDEEMSAUSE.

If it isn't obvious what I'm copying, you aren't doing the internet right.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: August 14, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »

I'm afraid that Bay 12 ranks a solid 84 on the ATROCIT-O-METER, giving our community a rating of IREDEEMSAUSE.

If it isn't obvious what I'm copying, you aren't doing the internet right.

Iredeemsause goes great on tacos, by the way. The taco has to be depraved, though.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16622 on: August 14, 2010, 09:35:23 pm »

There are four levels of insanity.

1) The level of insanity that is sanity. You may get this on Woman'slife forums, or MarthaStewart.com, or someplace like that
2) The beginnings of insanity. Cracked.com has this level, as well as most internet sites.
3) Bay12 ranks here, with the dead baby jokes and the burnings and the frequent WTF moments.
4) 4chan.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: August 14, 2010, 09:36:03 pm »

Oh wow, huge image. Put a spoiler on it maybe?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: August 14, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »

I think it would be more like in Kult, with the negitive and positive mental balance. Both are crazy in opposing ways. A "normal" site would be 0. 4chan would be about -50. Bay 12 would likely be somthing like 35. I haven't actually ever played Kult, but the system kind of works for this scale, even if the proporties are different.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:16 pm »

This really shouldn't be in the Happy thread, because it's not really a happy event in the slightest.  But it revolves around this thread, so let me break down some events of this afternoon.

I log onto Steam.  Jakkarra messages me, asking me to play Men of War with him, like he's been doing a lot lately.  This irritates me, but I want to be good at the game, just because I can't stand being bad at stuff that I think I should be good at.  It also irritates me that he keeps asking all the time, but I'd feel like a dick if I just came out and said NO, so I agree to.

He thinks it would be a lot easier to show me how the game works if we can voicechat.  On top of this being objectively true, I've been looking for an excuse to make my microphone work.  While I'm screwing my way through that process, Janet messages me and the following conversation takes place.  My sense of humor revolves around ragging on everything and complaining.  This will become the third time in one weekend that I offend someone this way.

Jakkarra and I proceed to have an entertaining three hours playing like morons and comparing the intricacies of American and English gradeschools.  Aside from using way too much "meme" talk, which I manage to stop, Jakkarra turns out to be an okay guy, and I can honestly say I like him now.  That in itself is a dick thing to say, because it implies that I didn't before, but it's a very limited medium we all interact through.  The topic of his semi-permanent muting and account-rustling problem comes up a few times, along with how his personality seems to make people dislike him.

We finish, and he decides to call it a night.  Since my awesome power to fuck up any good situation hasn't flexed it's muscles enough yet, I start browsing the forum and mention that Janet posted that chatlog.  Jakkarra gets sullen, and wholeheartedly agrees that I was being an asshole for saying mean things about him while talking to him.  Oh what tangled webs we weave and so forth.

There's a lot of other things I could say, about a great many angles on this topic, but I won't.  All am I going to say is, as of this moment, I'm sticking up for him.  I don't want to be the badguy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: August 14, 2010, 10:05:26 pm »

I feel emotionally touched.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: August 14, 2010, 10:08:29 pm »

I feel emotionally touched.

Surprisingly this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: August 14, 2010, 10:15:01 pm »

This video is totally worth it for the last 10 seconds.

I'm not spoiling why, you should watch the whole thing though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16629 on: August 14, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »

I found out a show I watched that had a crap ending made one last season to give it a more proper send-off. I'm going to spend the next week getting closure for it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:25:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »

That video was awesome beyond reason.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »

-snip-

We never learn, ever, do we? It's part of the reason I find us so interesting. That, and you should see what I just found out I can make my leg do, I mean damn.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:58 pm »

That sounds like it could be potentially life-threatening.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: August 14, 2010, 11:10:36 pm »

If I do it right, yeah.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: August 14, 2010, 11:14:09 pm »

Who's life would it be threatening?
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 13325