Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11020 11021 [11022] 11023 11024 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770931 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165315 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:23 am »

Registered with yet another employment agency.

I can't tell if the capitalists are lying and the economy is actually shit, I'm undesirable in the workforce, or I'm just too lazy with applying for things.

Perhaps I ought to apply for an unemployment benefit, but Work and Income would probably get me working in retail.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #165316 on: November 19, 2015, 05:08:58 am »

I had a very good day today. Didn't really do anything, but a very good day.

I know it's partially a side effect of the feelings that have caused me quite a bit of hurt, but at the moment I feel too warm and fuzzy to care. Sadness will come later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165317 on: November 19, 2015, 06:36:16 am »

Once again, I'm surprised that I have more money on my debit card than I thought I did. And I thought I was spending a lot.

And tomorrow is payday. And I've got one or two bonuses with that payday.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #165318 on: November 19, 2015, 06:41:35 am »

The aliens giveth and the aliens taketh away.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165319 on: November 19, 2015, 07:02:17 am »

Registered with yet another employment agency.

I can't tell if the capitalists are lying and the economy is actually shit, I'm undesirable in the workforce, or I'm just too lazy with applying for things.

Perhaps I ought to apply for an unemployment benefit, but Work and Income would probably get me working in retail.

All employment agencies lie and mislead.  I've never been to one that was worth the time.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165320 on: November 19, 2015, 10:00:35 am »

A soda machine haunts the living, falsely promising drink for coin. The company didn't repeatedly attach a laminated "Out of Order" sign; someone did.

The police promptly agreed with the sign. They smiled their asses off at me and no one knows why. The police lost $5 in that infernal machine....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165321 on: November 19, 2015, 10:16:19 am »

We must surrender to the soda machine's sovereignity and elect it as our new Lord and Master.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #165322 on: November 19, 2015, 10:23:33 am »

I normally don't go in for praising Microsoft, but Powerpoint Online is an amazing tool for collaborating (even if it's painfully slow). I'm working on a project with a small committee right now, and we're all editing the same slideshow, uploading and downloading recent changes to and from the master file, filling in audio narration in the correct positions, and video-conferencing at the same time. This is leagues better than the old game of email tag.
I don't know, I find Google Slides (part of the Google Docs stuff) + Skype a bit more usable in my option (and without the slow connection problems). :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165323 on: November 19, 2015, 10:40:48 am »

Eh, whenever I had to work on such a thing, I just kind of told people "HERE'S YOUR ASSIGNED TASK, COMPLETE IT AND SEND ME YOUR SHIT, I'LL PUT IT TOGHEDER WITH MY OWN AND EVERYONE ELSE'S SHIT". It worked out pretty well, but I guess it wouldn't work with people that didn't trust me with this and made the project vulnerable to my own schedule. I had heard of powerpoint online but I never cared to test its usefulness.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165324 on: November 19, 2015, 10:47:59 am »

Today was a great day. x.x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165325 on: November 19, 2015, 10:52:16 am »

We must surrender to the soda machine's sovereignity and elect it as our new Lord and Master.

Elected? Soda Machine already rules, graciously taking our change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165326 on: November 19, 2015, 11:08:14 am »

I normally don't go in for praising Microsoft, but Powerpoint Online is an amazing tool for collaborating (even if it's painfully slow). I'm working on a project with a small committee right now, and we're all editing the same slideshow, uploading and downloading recent changes to and from the master file, filling in audio narration in the correct positions, and video-conferencing at the same time. This is leagues better than the old game of email tag.
I don't know, I find Google Slides (part of the Google Docs stuff) + Skype a bit more usable in my option (and without the slow connection problems). :P
Probably is, but we get Office 2013 free from my university so it's something we're all guaranteed to be familiar with.

Ye gods though, I'm never going to use MS Office 365 for myself though, and because of what they've pulled with it likely no MS office suite ever again. You've got the following wonderful options: $150 to buy a single installation of the Home and Student version for one PC; $100/year subscription per household (up to 5 devices) for Home, or $150/year subscription per user (a single device) for Business. What a fucking racket.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #165327 on: November 19, 2015, 11:20:19 am »

Clearly MS only wants profitable businesses to use its cloud nonsense.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165328 on: November 19, 2015, 11:43:00 am »

MS is simply even greedier than imagined (No, really) and is departing from the successful Henry Ford Model that made them what they are. Losing their roots and paving the way for apple to get more and more of the market share. More iphones, and ipods, and ipads, and ithis, and ithat, because of simple economics.

People won't be able to pay this and Microsoft will lose its single biggest asset: universal use.

There's a reason everyone can read PDF and adobe is making a killing off it. Once Microsoft stupidly stops being 90 or so percent of the operating system market, then it will slowly die. It will only be replaced by another corporate machine that learns from the lessons of its corpse. Gone the way of Netscape....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165329 on: November 19, 2015, 11:48:15 am »

Does Microsoft declining necessarily mean benefits for Apple? And especially I don't see why it would help Apple's hardware sales.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 11020 11021 [11022] 11023 11024 ... 13325