Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10921 10922 [10923] 10924 10925 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799030 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163830 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:52 pm »

Got 94 on the history test I took yesterday. Whoop. Better than the first history test of 74.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #163831 on: October 16, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »

Happy for my kid today.  Got some vision tests and found he was badly in need of glasses.  He just put them on for the first time about half an hour ago and immediately started running around yelling about how everything looks amazing.  It's a good feeling.

Not so cool that it turns out both my kids are red/green color blind.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #163832 on: October 16, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

Happy for my kid today.  Got some vision tests and found he was badly in need of glasses.  He just put them on for the first time about half an hour ago and immediately started running around yelling about how everything looks amazing.  It's a good feeling.

Hey, it's better than a lot of other possibilities.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163833 on: October 16, 2015, 05:23:03 pm »

I finished up resource divying, and started a test to see where the game would spawn players.

-The caretakers landed in Daggerfall, Daggerfall
-The usurpers landed in Necrom to the east of Morrowind
-The University landed in Elswyr by whats-its-nuts
-The morganites landed in the imperial city
-The believers landed in the Summerset isles, albiet on the opposite side of where I initially planned.  They landed on the southeast instead of the northwest.  Not that thats all bad . . .
-The Hive landed in Vivic in morrowwind
-The gaians landed in Dawnguard in Skyrim

You know what, those sites make perfect sense to me. Especially the Morganites in the IC. Maybe move the Gaians to Summerset, the fundies to Red Mountain, the Hive to... somewhere?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163834 on: October 16, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »

Probably Black Marsh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163835 on: October 16, 2015, 07:25:51 pm »

I accidentally closed Chrome, and panicked when "Confirm Form Resubmission" popped up, but surprise! you can actually just refresh the page, and your post will come back.

Which is pretty nice, when you've spent almost an hour on that post.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #163836 on: October 16, 2015, 08:24:30 pm »

I'm teaching my dad how to use a video game controller by having him play Castle Crashers(which in retrospect isn't the best choice since it doesn't really have an in-depth tutorial) and by the gods I think he's getting into it/having fun.  Huh.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #163837 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:37 pm »

Sorry about the Red / Green Color blindness.

I can relate to the whole glasses thing though. I had such terrible vision as a kid. I blame the eye doctor. I mean, they left little kids alone in the exam room for a long time before they came in to give you the eye test, and the eye chart was just sitting right there on the wall, so I memorized that damn thing.... I absolutely could not see it from the chair, but from up close.... Yeah.

So finally I did end up getting glasses and an amazing thing happened: I finally realized that there were cracks on the floor! (Like between the tiles and things).

I am glad your kid can see. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163838 on: October 16, 2015, 09:03:41 pm »

I still kinda' remember the first time I got glasses, way back in elementary school, after a good couple months of what I thought were inexplicable and fairly terrible headaches. World looked... so very different. Everything so crisp, so sharp. The subsequent lack of daily knockoff migraines was a relief and a half. That moment when you realize that everything past a few feet isn't supposed to be increasingly blurry and regularly intensely painful and, even better, there's a solution is... it's something.

For folks with good vision that want to see kinda' what the experience is like... go on youtube. Load up anything in particular that's hd capable, preferably something involving foliage or animals or along those lines, then set the resolution to 144p. Watch for a few minutes, and set it to 1080. That's about what putting on properly adjusted glasses for the first time is like, except before that 144p was the only thing you were aware existed and watching would inevitably induce near blinding pain. Also you couldn't really turn it off. It's a helluva' thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163839 on: October 16, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »

I remember getting glasses, then looking up at the full moon and being amazed that yes, you actually can see all those lovely craters without special equipment. Up until then I had the vague notion that most pictures of the moon were taken with telephoto lenses :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163840 on: October 16, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »

I remember getting glasses for the first time since elementary school. Got to see how ugly(-ier) the world was (damn kids and their bullying; granted they weren't exactly stylish, but it was another target painted on me to hassle me about). But bullying aside, it was nice to see a bit better than usual, but if anything, it was more to help a lazy eye I had, than anything really groundbreaking vision-wise. After wearing the lens of shame for long enough, and having to put up with people, I just decided to put my eyes through a series of exercises to fix them enough so I didn't need to wear glasses unless it was necessary. My vision isn't all that much better, but my peripheral awareness did jump a fair amount, mainly to the point that I can cover my blindspots better from other kids to the point of disarming some of their gags, like tapping the opposite shoulder and such.

At least it was fun being a buzzkill against pests; especially when teachers are useless about it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:38:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163841 on: October 16, 2015, 10:36:25 pm »

I still kinda' remember the first time I got glasses, way back in elementary school, after a good couple months of what I thought were inexplicable and fairly terrible headaches. World looked... so very different. Everything so crisp, so sharp. The subsequent lack of daily knockoff migraines was a relief and a half. That moment when you realize that everything past a few feet isn't supposed to be increasingly blurry and regularly intensely painful and, even better, there's a solution is... it's something.

For folks with good vision that want to see kinda' what the experience is like... go on youtube. Load up anything in particular that's hd capable, preferably something involving foliage or animals or along those lines, then set the resolution to 144p. Watch for a few minutes, and set it to 1080. That's about what putting on properly adjusted glasses for the first time is like, except before that 144p was the only thing you were aware existed and watching would inevitably induce near blinding pain. Also you couldn't really turn it off. It's a helluva' thing.
I was like, 4 or 5. It was magical, getting to see things so clearly...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163842 on: October 16, 2015, 10:39:03 pm »

My vision is terrible in general (there is no distance where things come into focus and I have no stereoscopic vision [not that glasses help with that]), so I've had glasses since I was three (I don't even remember not having glasses). Apparently my parents decided I needed glasses when I started running into walls.

On the other hand, glasses generally give people vision slightly better than 20/20, so I guess that's a benefit from having to wear them.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163843 on: October 16, 2015, 11:58:13 pm »

o.o the game gens moving clouds on embark site?  Like so that they match up to the regional ones?

No, those are the regional ones. The ones that show up during fast travel in adventure mode.

Your skills are very impressive. How did you get your start learning to write programs like that? I haven't managed to make a game of any sort yet.

I downloaded a pdf book on C++ and started playing around with stonesense.
Before that, I had a very old C64 that I played with.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #163844 on: October 17, 2015, 12:24:22 am »

>_> Tho I've been traped in tawa's cave (game) I thought I'd climb up here and spread the new that it meh cake day. That is all.
* BadLemonsXI jumps back down into the lower boards.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!
Pages: 1 ... 10921 10922 [10923] 10924 10925 ... 13325