Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10874 10875 [10876] 10877 10878 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741593 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163125 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:56 pm »

Someday in the distant future I will invent some way to boot up my windows xp desktop that doesn't want to let me use it until I verify my xp installation with Microsoft, who no longer supports xp...

I really want to be able to access those files. For one thing, a story for the museum succession game is on there, and I owe LSP the completed saga of Battlefailed in poetic epic form.

Use a bootdisk to turn it on and load the files onto a flash drive.
Shoes...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163126 on: September 26, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »

chekm8 atheists
How so?
It's called procedural micogeneration, not procedural macrogeneration
The world is in a word, Toads

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163127 on: September 26, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »

I have glasses now and I can see everything, my god it's amazing.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163128 on: September 26, 2015, 02:37:18 pm »

Someday in the distant future I will invent some way to boot up my windows xp desktop that doesn't want to let me use it until I verify my xp installation with Microsoft, who no longer supports xp...

I really want to be able to access those files. For one thing, a story for the museum succession game is on there, and I owe LSP the completed saga of Battlefailed in poetic epic form.

Use a bootdisk to turn it on and load the files onto a flash drive.
This. Ubuntu is easy enough if you have a big enough flash drive, but there are smaller distros that you can do basically the same process with. Some you can even make an actual CD to boot from, if that's your only option (you can do a DVD with Ubuntu though).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163129 on: September 26, 2015, 04:22:25 pm »

I have glasses now and I can see everything, my god it's amazing.
Next step: contacts.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163130 on: September 26, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »

This. Ubuntu is easy enough if you have a big enough flash drive, but there are smaller distros that you can do basically the same process with. Some you can even make an actual CD to boot from, if that's your only option (you can do a DVD with Ubuntu though).
You... probably don't even need a bootdisk, or any OS whatsoever, if you have a lil' cash to spend. Just pick up one of those USB hard drive docking bay things, and stick the HD in it. Then you can probably pull out whatever without having to bother with OS nonsense at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163131 on: September 26, 2015, 08:40:02 pm »

It's called procedural micogeneration
I read this at first as procedural miscegenation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163132 on: September 26, 2015, 08:49:20 pm »

That actually sounds like an interesting thing to study.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163133 on: September 26, 2015, 08:57:25 pm »

that was certainly not going to be a verisimilitude feature in that RPG i'm ostensibly making

i mean it is now

but it wasn't before
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163134 on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:56 pm »

And trying not to freak out while I wait for guests to arrive (I am happy they're visiting though, and I'm happy with how much cleaner my place is right now)

In fact, frankly, I'm happy that I'm not a whole lot more anxious.  Helps that I can take slow deep breaths without inhaling a bunch of dust anymore.

It went so well!  Just, oh wow, everything went so well.
Mom and brother complimented my apartment...  and while they were mostly being nice, and I can never read my brother's sincerity...  I can read my mom easily, and she was genuinely happy/relieved!  And she has this *crazy* sensitive sense of smell, which sucks when I have practically none.  I know the place has some smells (brother could tell that I'd been frying fish) but she didn't start cleaning or sigh or get tense.
(... this time.  So, massive improvement)

Brother and I chilled with some racing games and Madden (he intentionally brought stuff I'm not into, to broaden my horizons.  Which was fresh and fun with him!) and I showed him some Metal Gear Solid 5 and shared various crazy bits from the story.  The only iffy part was that we talked politics a while, but mostly we discussed our lives, and cool gaming stuff from our different areas of interests.

We went to a family event (in my town), where we kept each other from getting bored and helped move tables and chairs and such.  Then had some delicious burritos (think Chipotle but local) and some beers, chatting at the local brewery.

Then we headed back to my place to play Smash Bros co-op, and share our (also very different) favorite songs on youtube.  We also re-watched The Reward, which really sums up our relationship I think.

I almost feel like crying, a little.  Yeah.  I'm just so happy and relieved.  I was so anxious...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A long time ago I decided to just keep living out of spite and inertia.  But sometimes I get, by surprise, scraps of hope.  This is one of those times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163135 on: September 27, 2015, 12:42:02 am »

Just finished the season finale of mr. Robot. Damn is it an amzing show. And that final scene was lovely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163136 on: September 27, 2015, 02:02:04 am »

Free falafel wraps and hummus and pastry. Yum!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #163137 on: September 27, 2015, 05:57:34 am »

I am typing this using Firefox from a fresh installation of Mint 17. It has that new OS smell.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163138 on: September 27, 2015, 05:58:04 am »

I am typing this using Firefox from a fresh installation of Mint 17. It has that new OS smell.
Minty fresh?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #163139 on: September 27, 2015, 06:00:29 am »

Minty fresh?

More of a pleasant Cinnamon aroma, but more-or-less.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 10874 10875 [10876] 10877 10878 ... 13325