Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10852 10853 [10854] 10855 10856 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785542 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #162795 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

Faster than 99% of New Zealand™

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162796 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:37 pm »

Here's some happy.

I especially like the note that there are more public libraries in the world than McDonald's.
That "taking Paris" one is all sorts of silly in the name of that stupid 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys' myth.  The Germans took zero casualties in taking Paris because it was declared an open city.  All the fighting took place outside the city, before the Germans arrived at the city limits.  It'd be just as reasonable to say the Germans took more casualties taking Pavlov's house than they did in all their wars fought in 1933 combined. 
And it looks like it was commented on in that very same page. 

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162797 on: September 17, 2015, 08:09:02 pm »

I sent out the half-a-dozen e-mails I've been needing to send out and my homework is done and tomorrow is Friday. I have a thing due Sunday morning but...I'll just do that all on Saturday which will be miserable but a problem for Future Quinn!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #162798 on: September 17, 2015, 08:09:57 pm »

The Humble Weekly Bundle this week includes Game Maker Studio Pro and a whole bunch of other goodies. It supports Doctors Without Borders. I supported a good cause and made an investment in my future in one fell swoop.
GameMaker Pro is usually $99 with a heap more charged for separate exporting so this bundle really is a fucking bargain, especially with the free source code being offered. Now I just have to buy it and figure out how to run bootcamp.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162799 on: September 17, 2015, 08:15:10 pm »

Good luck redeeming it right now. They must be getting besieged, all I get on any of the account.yoyogames.com websites is a "Something went wrong, try again later" page.

But yeah, bargain. The $25 bundle even includes Android export.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #162800 on: September 17, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »

The Humble Weekly Bundle this week includes Game Maker Studio Pro and a whole bunch of other goodies. It supports Doctors Without Borders. I supported a good cause and made an investment in my future in one fell swoop.

Weirdly, I've been under the impression that the Humble Bundle was shut down/went defunct YEARS AGO. I suppose I should be happy to be wrong.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #162801 on: September 17, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »

King Tut made me feel a lot better about myself, though I'm more like multiracial than inbred.

Then again, all humans are inbred relative to normal animals.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #162802 on: September 17, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »

At least being multiracial doesn't result in deformities.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #162803 on: September 17, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »

Well, the imposition of different characteristics not normally associated together can be somewhat strange. Of course, it can also be attractive to some people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #162804 on: September 17, 2015, 09:05:18 pm »

King Tut made me feel a lot better about myself, though I'm more like multiracial than inbred.

Then again, all humans are inbred relative to normal animals.

We are all inbred, at least in a technical sense.

Go back a few generations, calculating the amount of ancestors you have with base 2. You'll end up with near-trillions by the year 1000.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162805 on: September 17, 2015, 09:11:21 pm »

Animals aren't much better, either.  I mean, all elephant seals today are descended from something like 30 ancestors, and either jaguars or cheetahs aren't much better.  The last major human bottleneck was at least ten millenia ago, and probably closer to 70, and involved a population in the tens of thousands. 

Well, unless you're a strict fundamentalist, in which case it was 6000 years ago and a population of two.  But then, if that were the case, you probably don't really believe in inbreeding, either. :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #162806 on: September 17, 2015, 09:12:27 pm »

all humans are inbred relative to normal animals.

?? we're one of the most abundant animals on the planet, and certainly one of the most widespread

this basically makes us one of the least inbred animals on the planet, along with... i guess most rodents

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162807 on: September 17, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »

most abundant animals
excepting the bazillions of invertebrates and such that put us meatbags to utter shame

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #162808 on: September 17, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/17/pacific-rim-2-guillermo-del-toro

THE DREAM IS ALIVE. THE APOCALYPSE IS STILL CANCELED
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:25:28 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162809 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »

?? we're one of the most abundant animals on the planet, and certainly one of the most widespread

this basically makes us one of the least inbred animals on the planet, along with... i guess most rodents
No, not really. We're a lot closer to each other genetically than quite a few other species, last I checked. Population =/= breadth of gene pool, i.e. degree of inbreeding. You're going to be relatively inbred regardless of how numerous or widespread your kin are if you had a bottleneck close enough in the genetic history. And we did.

There's certainly other species that are less well off, yes, but s'far as I'm aware both those 'uns and us 'uns are the abnormalities.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10852 10853 [10854] 10855 10856 ... 13325