Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10842 10843 [10844] 10845 10846 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790965 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162645 on: September 13, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »

Yeah I can see how the character of Nubby might be borrowing slightly from Nobby Nobbs.

Slightly?

All Guardsmen Party is basically just Ankh-Morpork City Watch, except in the WH40K universe, and I am 100% okay with that.

Pretty close, yeah.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162646 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »

All Guardsmen Party is basically just Ankh-Morpork City Watch, except in the WH40K universe, and I am 100% okay with that.
And apparently it's all stuff that happened in an Inquisitor campaign. Seriously, someone find the GM and make him make an account here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162647 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:14 pm »

Why not ask the guy who writes it about that? He has a thread on bay12.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162648 on: September 13, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

Further cleaning of my hard drive(granted, it's for the express purpose of putting more crap into it), that bar showing how much space is left is now finally blue.

...Had to completely nuke my Oblivion install, but what the hell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162649 on: September 13, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »

Why not ask the guy who writes it about that? He has a thread on bay12.
Link. Now.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162651 on: September 13, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »

I gave XCOM: Enemy Unknown another try, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game gets much better once the tutorials end. You still get far too much nagging from Dr. Vahlen, but at least I'm finally having fun about an hour and a half into the game.
Don't worry, sooner or later you'll develop a kink about having Vahlen berate you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #162652 on: September 13, 2015, 06:10:03 pm »

I need to sit down and give the expandalone for that a try sometime. Last time we tried, longwar was installed but it just felt off. And unstable. So we just played openxcom with final modpack instead.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162653 on: September 13, 2015, 06:23:21 pm »

I need to sit down and give the expandalone for that a try sometime. Last time we tried, longwar was installed but it just felt off. And unstable. So we just played openxcom with final modpack instead.
What, the standalone dlc? XCOM: Enemy Within? You should totally play it if you haven't already. Giant mechs rocketpunching aliens. Giant mechs rocketpunching thin men.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #162654 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:53 pm »

I decided to try to learn chess for real.  I've known how to play since elementary school but I never actually learned the real meat of the game.  Using chess for dummies as my resource, my parents got it for me way back in third grade when I joined the chess club but it was too high-level for me to really understand and I didn't have the patience for it.

Working my way through, liking it a lot.  The book does a good job of assuaging the memorization fears.  Unless you're a grandmaster you're not gonna be memorizing hundreds of patterns.  It reminds me of competitive pokemon.  You see 700 pokemon and think "holy shit how am I gonna learn this game" but only a few dozen are actually played regularly and most of those have maybe two viable builds.

So just like in pokemon, or really any game, the same kinds of patterns appear again and again and again.  No need to reinvent the wheel when better players than you have already figured out the best practices.

Now if only I knew people who played...
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162655 on: September 13, 2015, 06:47:56 pm »

S'plenty of online games being ran, if all you want is to go up against a human instead of a computer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162656 on: September 13, 2015, 08:15:47 pm »

Forgot how entertaining it is to watch competitive starcraft 2 matches. This shit is more entertaining than the typical tv sport.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #162657 on: September 13, 2015, 08:29:47 pm »

S'plenty of online games being ran, if all you want is to go up against a human instead of a computer.

I'd rather play with people I at least sort of know than randoms, was what I was getting at.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162658 on: September 13, 2015, 08:51:11 pm »

Forgot how entertaining it is to watch competitive starcraft 2 matches. This shit is more entertaining than the typical tv sport.
To each their own, but I agree with you.  Thanks for the reminder, actually.
I've been thinking of watching DoTA2 or LoL, but what little I've seen is too overwhelming.  Starcraft2 makes sense to watch even though I haven't played it.
For extra geekiness, Youtube "40k battle report" (miniwargaming).  They heavily edit the videos, but keep all (most?) of the rolls and the interesting discussion.  It's certainly much slower paced than RTS esports, but kinda neat background TV.

Edit: Oh, and similarly, there's always TwitchPlaysPokemon which is now Pokemon Battle Arena with betting and voting and such.  Fun to throw some bets at, with pretend money you get for showing up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:53:54 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162659 on: September 13, 2015, 09:15:43 pm »

To each their own, but I agree with you.  Thanks for the reminder, actually.
I've been thinking of watching DoTA2 or LoL, but what little I've seen is too overwhelming.  Starcraft2 makes sense to watch even though I haven't played it.
For extra geekiness, Youtube "40k battle report" (miniwargaming).  They heavily edit the videos, but keep all (most?) of the rolls and the interesting discussion.  It's certainly much slower paced than RTS esports, but kinda neat background TV.

Edit: Oh, and similarly, there's always TwitchPlaysPokemon which is now Pokemon Battle Arena with betting and voting and such.  Fun to throw some bets at, with pretend money you get for showing up.
I have basic knowledge of starcraft 2 gameplay and metagame, but I found commentary videos of matches when it first came out to be entertaining even when I had bare minimum knowledge of the game. Commentators can do a good job of explaining what's going on as well as add to the hype. I tried watching Dota2 gameplay but it just didn't draw my attention. Also too much metagame jargon being used for me to understand anything. In terms of entertainment for viewers I'd think pure RTS would be more fun to watch than MOBAs since RTS would involve 2 or more people controlling and competing through massive army battles and economy while MOBAs are more about players controlling single heroes in an otherwise static battlefield between ai controlled waves of mooks. RTS seems to have a more sweeping scale than MOBAs, is what I'm trying to say.

The new TwitchPlaysPokemon thing sounds neat, although I think in terms of "online betting games" I'd rather watch Saltybet.
Pages: 1 ... 10842 10843 [10844] 10845 10846 ... 13325