Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10733 10734 [10735] 10736 10737 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760573 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161010 on: August 05, 2015, 01:57:35 am »

I have a new GPU. Finally I can run modern games on graphical settings higher than the minimum.
Prepare to say that again in 3 years :P
But Descan, you forget the magical power of console generations.
Holding back the minimum power requirements of games at a (just about) flat level for something like 5 years at a time. And the manufacturers reckon they're going to try and drag the current one out for double that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #161011 on: August 05, 2015, 02:08:54 am »

Unfortunately that's only true for console games. PC publishers don't give a damn, and decent ports are few and far between.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161012 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:34 am »

Sleeping Dogs is actually a pretty fun game. Not enough beat-'em-ups these days... I think the last game I played with satisfying, well-implemented fisticuffs as a central mechanic was Canis Canem Edit back on PS2.
The game also kinda reminded me of River City Ransom, and that can hardly be a bad thing. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #161013 on: August 05, 2015, 06:28:10 am »

I bought my luggage bag for the plane just now. In a week it'll be here and in two I'll be in Chinaaaa~!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161014 on: August 05, 2015, 09:58:45 am »

Well, my wisdom teeth are out :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161015 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:22 am »

I have a new GPU. Finally I can run modern games on graphical settings higher than the minimum.
Holding back the minimum power requirements of games at a (just about) flat level for something like 5 years at a time. And the manufacturers reckon they're going to try and drag the current one out for double that.

For PC, every half-year we can experience the endless joy of not having enough money to upgrade our PC components, rather than per 5 years.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161016 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:02 am »

I held off on upgrading my PC forever for that reason.  But, that was three years ago and I can still play new games easily...  It's starting to run hot sometimes, but it does that on 2010 games just as much.  Probably just needs a dusting, or maybe I shouldn't have my leg right next to the fan during summer.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161017 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:06 am »

Before it melted down, my old 2007 tower couldn't run Space Engineers.

It was a sad day.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161018 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:20 am »

For PC, every half-year we can experience the endless joy of not having enough money to upgrade our PC components, rather than per 5 years.
Why are you upgrading your computer every half-year?  Excepting a single case of hardware failure, I haven't upgraded mine in at least 3 or 5, and I'm still running all the games that its users would still be interested in, ranging from Dwarf Fortress to...err, actually, I don't know a recent graphically-intensive game that I actually own.  Skyrim?  Fallout: New Vegas?  That new Tomb Raider, maybe? 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:49:48 am by Culise »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161019 on: August 05, 2015, 10:49:29 am »

Why are you upgrading your computer every half-year?  Excepting a single case of hardware failure, I haven't upgraded mine in at least 3 or 5.

It was a joke. I'm referencing how companies try to constantly push the fact that their old components are out of date and won't stand up to the needed strength of running Crysis 3 HD 1080p 3D Blu-Ray. While not entirely applicable to me, the point still stands. People that dedicate wholly to PC are constantly in a rough spot, or at least they think they are.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161020 on: August 05, 2015, 10:51:26 am »

Why are you upgrading your computer every half-year?  Excepting a single case of hardware failure, I haven't upgraded mine in at least 3 or 5.

It was a joke. I'm referencing how companies try to constantly push the fact that their old components are out of date and won't stand up to the needed strength of running Crysis 3 HD 1080p 3D Blu-Ray. While not entirely applicable to me, the point still stands. People that dedicate wholly to PC are constantly in a rough spot, or at least they think they are.
Ah, OK.  My edit to the post that slipped in a bit too late actually made me realize that it wasn't really applicable to me, either. :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161021 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:29 am »

i wish i had a god damn desktop computer that i could upgrade but nooooo
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161022 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:30 am »

Go dumpster diving in Canadian PCWorld and wait for them to throw out something perfectly serviceable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #161023 on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:14 pm »

I prefer upgrading my machine every half-decade, if necessary. Unfortunately, with the advent of 64-bit I might as well replace my old machine where upgrading is concerned; that is, if I still intend to upgrade the next generation of desktop in my house. I'm surprised my 32-bit "Office-PC" according to benchmarkers (like 3DMark) can actually play some of these games, in some cases, at full power even.

I'm a little surprised myself how many games I can run with an "Office-PC" build (which, when I initially built nearly a decade ago, it was actually pretty average-rate).

EDIT:
It's a good thing I mostly play classic games anyway. Keeps the lifespan of my machine's parts lasting longer.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:31:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #161024 on: August 05, 2015, 12:29:46 pm »

My machine is from 2006. Has trouble playing Paper Mario on an emulator. :(

I have no idea how DF even runs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10733 10734 [10735] 10736 10737 ... 13325