Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10699 10700 [10701] 10702 10703 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772914 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160500 on: July 21, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »

Chocolate is my jam. Cheesecake is cool, I guess, but I'm not gonna lie and say it's my favorite. This cake had dark chocolate pieces and some kind of fluffy chocolate cream rather than frosting.

Well worth the price.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160501 on: July 21, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

I worked there for 5 years.  I must be brainwashed.

Does it help that I think that's the ONLY thing there better than anyplace else?

No, you really need to find more sources of chocolate pie.

Also, marbled chocolate/caramel cheesecake is awesome. Caramel and chocolate always go together.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #160502 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:57 pm »

Ill admit cheesecake is one of my favorite things ever.

I think once I was given a whole cheesecake while hideously depressed. An hour later I was happy and had no cheesecake left.

Next chance I get I'm buying a cheesecake.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160503 on: July 21, 2015, 07:41:38 pm »

I loved Burger King when I was ten or so. Then I didn't eat it for ten more years, and by the time I got back around to it I found that they had degenerated to sub-Taco Bell food. Sub-White Castle, even.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #160504 on: July 21, 2015, 07:49:41 pm »

I feel people give taco bell a bad rep for no real good reason.

Yeah it's cheap mexican styled food. But you know for what it is and the portions and costs it's not bad at all. I'd eat there instead of mcdonalds a hundred times over.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160505 on: July 21, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

Dank memes aside, I do enjoy Taco Bell, but nothing in fast food beats Zaxby's.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160506 on: July 21, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »

If I have a hankering for cheap Mexican that my body will hate me for, I've got a freezer full of 40¢ burritos. Don't need to take a drive to get Montezuma's Revenge: Down-Home American Edition.

e: Ahaha, the last verse came in just as I typed that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160507 on: July 21, 2015, 07:58:41 pm »

Distressingly cheap frozen burritos actually go stunningly with the bottles of Taco Bell hot sauce they sell now.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160508 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »

I love Taco Bell, partially for the variety but also it's pretty good!
I used to love taco trucks too.  Cheap, often tastier than sit-down restaurants, and I certainly enjoyed the presentation more.

I don't really like the sit-down restaurant experience.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160509 on: July 21, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »

Some of that's down to "sit-down" restaurants straddling the line between good and classy, usually by having shit food, terrible service, and absurd prices.

If ya gotta eat out, either go for a good pub or a special place you know, or else go super-upscale. My gramps is basically enjoying his second retirement taking people out to eat, and the places he likes are super-upscale joints -- that's what you should do if you're going to spend the money to begin with, instead of Applebees or whatever.

But I gotta say, the best burgers I've ever had are from this old bowling alley way out in the sticks outside my home city (or more accurately, way out in a strip mall on a highway). It's just one dude behind a counter and a few crappy stools, but those things are magnificent, and they're cheaper than most fast food joints. I put it down to a mix of them changing their grease every day and the cooking appliances being enchanted. Used to go there damn near every week when I was younger, just to hang out and chow down after a couple frames while I watched the arthritic old men with wrist braces shatter my scores and my ego.

3. Run Resize Enable

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160510 on: July 21, 2015, 08:48:06 pm »

To be fair, those old dudes have a lot of free time, bowling is likely their routine. I used to think I was pretty good at bowling. It's an experience I'd not associate with riding a bike. You go bowling only to discover you aren't very good at it anymore, play a few frames until you figure out how to be good again, and come home disappointed and swear off it long enough to forget again.

Unless you join a team or something, I guess.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160511 on: July 21, 2015, 09:52:59 pm »

Got some Wien bread from a bakery. 'Tis delicious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160512 on: July 21, 2015, 10:01:35 pm »

Cheesecake is best cake and anyone who disagrees is a filthy heathen.
I guess I'm a filthy heathen because I'm pretty sure cheesecake is, in fact, the best pie.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160513 on: July 21, 2015, 10:07:48 pm »

To be fair, those old dudes have a lot of free time, bowling is likely their routine. I used to think I was pretty good at bowling. It's an experience I'd not associate with riding a bike. You go bowling only to discover you aren't very good at it anymore, play a few frames until you figure out how to be good again, and come home disappointed and swear off it long enough to forget again.

Unless you join a team or something, I guess.

Heh, my usual experience was something like this:
First frame: Oh, hey, I kinda forgot my technique, but now I remember!
Second frame: I remember what I'm doing now, but I'm starting to get tired and make mistakes...
Third frame: WHY DID WE DO THIS?

3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160514 on: July 21, 2015, 10:46:03 pm »

I like crumbly and creamy cakes. The spongy ones are usually not that good IMO.

Unless they're carrot cakes <3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 10699 10700 [10701] 10702 10703 ... 13325