Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10515 10516 [10517] 10518 10519 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15903756 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] Yuudachi vs the fanpois (Happy thread? Poi?)
« Reply #157740 on: May 24, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »

Went for a nice walk and had a nice supper. Came back home to be lazy and watch some silly touhou videos, poi.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157741 on: May 24, 2015, 07:13:06 pm »

Well, I've just argued that the United States should start creating dictatorships in the Middle East in order to stop dictatorships in the Middle East. Call me Senator Armstrong, I guess? God I hope nobody takes this paper too seriously.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157742 on: May 24, 2015, 07:15:15 pm »

Went for a nice walk and had a nice supper. Came back home to be lazy and watch some silly touhou videos, poi.
I misread the title as "Insane Scammer Reimu". It would also have worked, I think.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157743 on: May 24, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Well, I've just argued that the United States should start creating dictatorships in the Middle East in order to stop dictatorships in the Middle East. Call me Senator Armstrong, I guess? God I hope nobody takes this paper too seriously.
If you didn't fit "Nanomachines, son!" somewhere in that essay I will be very disappointed in you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157744 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:07 pm »

I really hope Rising 2 happens soon, because that would be great.

Meanwhile, it's time to get cookin'!
The kitchen is being remodeled all week, so I have to get my cooking in now. Gonna make some stir fry and some chicken alfredo! Yea!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157745 on: May 24, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »

"Enhance that image!"
*tiny imp begins sketching furiously*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157746 on: May 24, 2015, 07:54:32 pm »

If you didn't fit "Nanomachines, son!" somewhere in that essay I will be very disappointed in you.
You will have to be disappointed, then. The thrust of my argument is that the dichotomy between national interests and Western values is bullshit, and installing autocrats who can do whatever they want as long as their foreign policy is friendly does not actually result in the stability that allegedly justifies it. Basically that people who like to have that conversation are having a wank over the theoretical concept of the Greater Good instead of discussing anything close to reality, which I really do believe. It's just people looking for Tough Choices to justify feeling tough, a sort of edginess disguised by philosophy.

But I'm pretty sure my leap from there to actual policy recommendations, in which I suggest that we should basically start up Colonialism 2.0, where we do it "for their own good" instead of to enrich ourselves, is bunk. Because I don't actually have a good solution, so basically saying "Dubya just didn't go far enough" is the next funnest thing to write about, possibly because I'm a terrible human being on several levels. But of course "We just know better" was always what people told themselves about their empires, and the White Man's Burden worked out so well last time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157747 on: May 24, 2015, 07:59:45 pm »

Taking an early morning train that would be packed at any other time but is half empty because it's 6am is so good.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157748 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:27 pm »

Speaking of, I beat Revengeance on Hard today.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #157750 on: May 24, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »

I actually won a couple games at a local Smash Bros tournament
Noice. And it was Project M, double noice. What character? How much wavedashing did you do? It's not competitive unless there's dudes wavedashing. :P

Man, this makes me want to try and find a tourney sometime. I was really into competitive smash a year back.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157751 on: May 24, 2015, 08:52:32 pm »

This is bizarre...

After getting on the wrong train and going back and getting on the right one....

I appear to be in the future.
Everything is chrome, there's an led ticker display showing the next and final stations, and there's a voice announcement giving the same info.
Also there's no seats left.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157752 on: May 24, 2015, 08:53:02 pm »

Ike against Shiny, Ice Climbers against Maze, Ice Climbers then Ike against IM_JK.

I was playing Ice Climbers, so lots wavedashing.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157753 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »

This is bizarre...

After getting on the wrong train and going back and getting on the right one....

I appear to be in the future.
Everything is chrome, there's an led ticker display showing the next and final stations, and there's a voice announcement giving the same info.
Also there's no seats left.
Vwoorp. Vwoorp.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #157754 on: May 24, 2015, 10:06:30 pm »

Master Chef Canada Finale.

Person I was cheering for didn't win, but DAMN was it close.

Also, all that tasty food. I definitely want to try that bread recipe.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 10515 10516 [10517] 10518 10519 ... 13327