Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10511 10512 [10513] 10514 10515 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15904296 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] Yuudachi vs the fanpois (Happy thread? Poi?)
« Reply #157680 on: May 23, 2015, 05:34:39 pm »

Do they scream though?
Past entries in the happy thread indicates that they do. A lot.

Ninja'd, posting anyways.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157681 on: May 23, 2015, 06:01:20 pm »

FPS dropping whenever combat happens actually sounds like the most true-to-source possible implementation of DBZ fights.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157682 on: May 23, 2015, 06:13:35 pm »

Last night's gig was awesome.
Every band blew my mind. My mind is now thoroughly blown, there is naught but ashes left.
Now is time to get some sleep before going out and drinking more this afternoon. And I get paid tomozza! Life is good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157683 on: May 23, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »

FPS dropping whenever combat happens actually sounds like the most true-to-source possible implementation of DBZ fights.

Plus, creatures with enough ki cause every other unit with sufficiently less ki to slow down anyway.

(Like I said, going ham)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157684 on: May 23, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »

I think I'll have had about $15 worth of beer by the end of the night. Entirely worthwhile. Kriek is good. Now, banana bread beer (I already knew this was good). Now to write that essay on why focusing on whether or not the US should be "spreading democracy" is entirely missing the point.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #157686 on: May 23, 2015, 09:49:21 pm »

Just finished helping out in the flower garden (against my will, but there's not really many chores I'm asked to help with so I can't complain about that bit). The parts of it that were the worst were the dirt and bugs; showering after I could see ants swirling down the drain after being dislodged from my hair, and it felt like I had just gotten my hair cut after a long winter of growth.
Pretty sure I'm allergic to ground-dirt. The dust that accumulates naturally indoors is NOT the same thing, no matter how thick the layer; dirt from outside definitely caused swelling in my fingers. Either that or a million invisible painless mosquitoes. And my feet were swelling, too. It hurt to take my shoes off when I came into the house.

Why am I posting in the happy thread, then?

Oh, it felt SO GOOD to shower off. Even the dandruff-shampoo felt nice. The hot water soaking away the swelling and lifting the insects off my skin and out of my nooks and crannies (Don't ask me where I found a biting ant) was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157687 on: May 23, 2015, 10:34:33 pm »

Got a new electric razor today, the lack of pain was amazing.  Kinda feel dumb for managing with the old one for so long, but it got dull so slowly.  This one cuts a lot closer too, so I can finish up with a real razor without feeling like I'm ripping each hair out individually.

Which is weird, since I actually have been plucking hairs out when I'm bored...  It doesn't hurt nearly as much as the razors did.  Sorry for grossness, but I really am happy to be clean-shaven again.  I used to have a nice beard and now I absolutely won't, for reasons.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157688 on: May 23, 2015, 11:19:35 pm »

So there's some kind of event at the resort I'm working at. An event that really keeps us busy.

I personally love events here as that means constant work instead of the continual waiting during the slow season. But the issue is that this event is a foodie event. A foodie event dedicated to cheese.

Cheese Souffle, Cheesecake,  Savory Cheese Tarts, Cheese Fondue, Bruschetta,  Cheese and Broccoli soup served in a Cheesy Bread Bowl, "Artisan" Pizzas, Grilled <Everything> and Goat Cheese, Cheese-in-everything desserts from Bundt cake to tarts to donuts to napoleons to fruit cups with whipped-mascarpone for everything and Infinity+1 ways to serve feta salad. There's more cheese here than a paid Starcraft tournament.

Do you know how hard it is to keep feeding people cheese without it getting boring? Cheesy Curry Rice. Yeah. And throw Pork and Cheese Rolls with Spinach. Squeezing in some self-serve sandwich/Hors d'oeuvres/Crackers lunches and Tex-Mex a few meals can stretch it. Thankfully they took pretty well to three different types of Okonomiyaki. Maybe cheesy takoyaki next, if purchasing would hurry up with the orders. Cheesy Ramen... Maybe if I rolled some cheese directly into the noodles. I'd have to make the noodles by hand though, and soup would ruin it. Maybe if I make it into fried noodles; but I'd have to choose a cheese that'd hold up to heat long enough... Bah.

What's worse is that they went overboard with the cheese, so purchasing can't bring the other stuff in, and we have to take cheese out so we can make space in the walk-in. But soft cheeses don't hold well outside of refridgeration at all. It's so bad that the management is allowing us to buy the cheese directly from our pay at a discount so they can get rid of it and recoup the costs.

What's worse is that after each meal there's a ton of leftovers, and I absolutely hate seeing food go to waste, so when someone asks if anyone wants to bundle some away I'm like:

I did my part and now the the pantry is full of cheese. The closets are full of cheese. The fridge is full of cheese. The rear fridge is full of cheese. The cooking-supply fridge is full of cheese. The shoe rack is topped with boxes of cheese. The emergency kit now contains hard cheese. The guest room is entirely full of boxes of cheese. And my sisters who live with me are constantly making cheese puns.

Goudang if the puns don't drive me emmental before I cheese it. Yarg.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:42:05 pm by Blaze »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157689 on: May 23, 2015, 11:32:47 pm »

Dairy for the Dairy God, Cheese for the Cheese Throne, etc. etc.
What I'm saying is, you should totally build a throne out of cheese.

My Happy: Holy shit I got paid a day early. I actually have money for today!
I was dreading what my bank balance was going to say after how much I spent last night, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157690 on: May 23, 2015, 11:59:29 pm »

Life is, in a word, cheese.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157691 on: May 24, 2015, 12:03:34 am »

So there's some kind of event at the resort I'm working at. An event that really keeps us busy.

I personally love events here as that means constant work instead of the continual waiting during the slow season. But the issue is that this event is a foodie event. A foodie event dedicated to cheese.

Cheese Souffle, Cheesecake,  Savory Cheese Tarts, Cheese Fondue, Bruschetta,  Cheese and Broccoli soup served in a Cheesy Bread Bowl, "Artisan" Pizzas, Grilled <Everything> and Goat Cheese, Cheese-in-everything desserts from Bundt cake to tarts to donuts to napoleons to fruit cups with whipped-mascarpone for everything and Infinity+1 ways to serve feta salad. There's more cheese here than a paid Starcraft tournament.

Do you know how hard it is to keep feeding people cheese without it getting boring? Cheesy Curry Rice. Yeah. And throw Pork and Cheese Rolls with Spinach. Squeezing in some self-serve sandwich/Hors d'oeuvres/Crackers lunches and Tex-Mex a few meals can stretch it. Thankfully they took pretty well to three different types of Okonomiyaki. Maybe cheesy takoyaki next, if purchasing would hurry up with the orders. Cheesy Ramen... Maybe if I rolled some cheese directly into the noodles. I'd have to make the noodles by hand though, and soup would ruin it. Maybe if I make it into fried noodles; but I'd have to choose a cheese that'd hold up to heat long enough... Bah.

What's worse is that they went overboard with the cheese, so purchasing can't bring the other stuff in, and we have to take cheese out so we can make space in the walk-in. But soft cheeses don't hold well outside of refridgeration at all. It's so bad that the management is allowing us to buy the cheese directly from our pay at a discount so they can get rid of it and recoup the costs.

What's worse is that after each meal there's a ton of leftovers, and I absolutely hate seeing food go to waste, so when someone asks if anyone wants to bundle some away I'm like:

I did my part and now the the pantry is full of cheese. The closets are full of cheese. The fridge is full of cheese. The rear fridge is full of cheese. The cooking-supply fridge is full of cheese. The shoe rack is topped with boxes of cheese. The emergency kit now contains hard cheese. The guest room is entirely full of boxes of cheese. And my sisters who live with me are constantly making cheese puns.

Goudang if the puns don't drive me emmental before I cheese it. Yarg.
You could send some to me, Blaze! I loves me cheeses of almost every kind! Just no moldy cheese or that horrible casu marzu stuff and we'll be okay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #157692 on: May 24, 2015, 12:13:31 am »

Cheese is almost as important as poi. Poi.

Also it still seems like I can't see Shimakaze without wanting to go at her like fist of the north star.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #157693 on: May 24, 2015, 12:16:09 am »

Spoiler: How about now? (click to show/hide)

...I'm so sorry
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #157694 on: May 24, 2015, 12:16:37 am »

Ill end you. Motherpoier.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 10511 10512 [10513] 10514 10515 ... 13327