Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10448 10449 [10450] 10451 10452 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786910 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

How do you enable skins on your cell?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

...why the fuck are there cells labelled sperm floating around in the dozens? And i got eaten by genital herpes. What the hell?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

You can't, some names have skins and exactly one person per server can have that name's skin.  Yes, that means the dev chose to make a Hitler skin.

Logically if you have the right name you should be able to steal the skin by eating the person who has it.  Just conjecture tho, no idea if that's in the game.

...why the fuck are there cells labelled sperm floating around in the dozens? And i got eaten by genital herpes. What the hell?

That's just the name.  People can have multiple cells, all of which will move towards the mouse.  You can hit space to split yourself, but the only reason to do that is to throw one of the cells.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

You can't, some names have skins and exactly one person per server can have that name's skin.  Yes, that means the dev chose to make a Hitler skin.
More specifically it's cause the dev hangs out on the games /v/ thread and takes skin suggestions there.
It's FEF, not FEOF

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

My best score: 644.... my favorite is the Polandball
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Got to 2000! Then was promptly destroyed by one of those green things and brought down to 35. How the mighty fall...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I've seen people consuming themselves/un-splitting. How do you do that?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I did it once. No idea how. Maybe it's a timer thing?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Urgh. Giant semester-long project was not finished by deadline. Too many bugs. It was just an elaborate shell script and somehow we still couldn't get it to function. We specifically picked it to be unambitious and within the realm of attainability, and it was not. Got a report detailing our failure uploaded less than 5 minutes before due time. Feels bad.

My near-spotless graduate transcript is about to get a whole lot muddier.

This, but at least it's done. There's nothing more to worry about, so I can move on. Only one more assignment to go, due on Thursday, and not only will I enjoy writing it but it won't be too difficult. Moreover, I only have two actual exams.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I did it once. No idea how. Maybe it's a timer thing?
This pretty much
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I eventually ended up at about 3x that size, then some clever guy finally managed to machinegun me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

What are those green things, by the way? I only ever managed to use them as cover to ambush smaller players.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I managed to make it a little over 3000.... and stay up way too late... damn thing is addicting.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

They differ depending on your size. If you're little, you can hide in them. If you're large enough to shoot bits of mass off of yourself with W, you can shoot them to spawn another one at high speed from the opposite side, as a way to deal with much larger players, because... if you're larger than them, running into them (or being hit by one that's shot at you) will shatter you into one smaller lump and a bunch of tiny lumps; the ease with which you break seems to increase with your size.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

They differ depending on your size. If you're little, you can hide in them. If you're large enough to shoot bits of mass off of yourself with W, you can shoot them to spawn another one at high speed from the opposite side, as a way to deal with much larger players, because... if you're larger than them, running into them (or being hit by one that's shot at you) will shatter you into one smaller lump and a bunch of tiny lumps; the ease with which you break seems to increase with your size.

I saw some people doing this and was completely confused.  Now I understand!
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 10448 10449 [10450] 10451 10452 ... 13325