Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10265 10266 [10267] 10268 10269 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766815 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Average speed 70kmph? I could outrun that in my freaking truck :l
But could you outrun it in circumnavigating the Earth?
Probably, assuming I had a boat to go over the ocean with. 5 months is a hell of a long time to take to circumnavigate the world in an era where jets can cross the Pacific in less than a day.
It's not actually going consistently though. They're taking frequent stops to make sure that each stage is under optimal conditions, since it's a prototype and probably actually kind of shitty?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Heh. Darn rare moment when youtube recommends a musician you've never heard of before and it turns out making your day.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

i've already broken into the alcohol once this week
Oh, shit, that reminds me! I have a double-sized bottle of white port, three homework assignments I want to wrap up tonight, and my night class was cancelled. Let's get this shit on the road.

EDIT: Ice cream and alcohol - could there be a better dinner?

looks like i'm not the only one enjoying myself

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Me too!  I bought a bottle of rum last Monday after I got way too drunk on Sunday, and haven't had a drink since.  Wasn't even particularly tempted.
So I'm celebrating not being an alcoholic, probably, by drinking and watching Archer.  Wheee!

Later I'm going to design about 4 potential replacements for my dead DND character.  My plan is:
(seriously, spoilers if you're in my group)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

One down, two to go! Am I speaking of papers, or glasses of port? Who knows!

The answer is "both".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Got done reading and critiquing all the short stories of my classmates. Now I just need to write 2 papers and revise my own story. Well, and study for the final exam for history, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I just wish I could do more of my assignments without turning on the computer, because that's where the distractions are.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I don't think I've enjoyed being this drunk in ever. I kind of understand why people do this to deal with stress, which is a bit disturbing given my presumed genetic predisposition to addictive behaviors. In any case, two paragraphs into paper 2, I can proceed no further. I can't stay focused long enough.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I do like the methodology there. False claim that the spammer is back with the username "Derp King," and have NIGER NIGERIA NEGRO and TOADY IS QUITE A LARGE QUEER FELLOW, NO? Immediately above it in the thread list, same OP and all. They'll never see it coming, it's so stupid it's brilliant!

Now that I've finished ATLA, I keep seeing references to it everywhere...
I think it's an actual psychological effect with a name and everything. Can't recall what it was called though.
Blue Cars effect.

And now that you know this, you'll see the effect in play more often.

IT HAS BEGUN

Edit: Also I just lost the game.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I just realized something about Big Hero 6.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahahahaha, I found it! I was just starting to get all depressed about losing my wallet (actually a card folder) when I spotted it wedged into the back of my chair, for some reason. I guess when I went to sleep on the floor earlier I just kinda shoved it up there without really paying attention.

Also, yesterday (and the earliest parts of today) was the best fun I've had in a while. Good times.
While we're on the topic of alcohol, I... drank a lot? Yes. It was good. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Ahahahaha, I found it! I was just starting to get all depressed about losing my wallet (actually a card folder) when I spotted it wedged into the back of my chair, for some reason. I guess when I went to sleep on the floor earlier I just kinda shoved it up there without really paying attention.

AH, the joy of finding things. I remember I once lost A Game of Thrones in my sock drawer for several days. It seemed like a good place to put it at the time[Hint:It was not]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Well, in that case, don't cancel the cards in it :P.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Pretty sure baymax could have just copied stuff from one chip to the other.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 10265 10266 [10267] 10268 10269 ... 13325