Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10164 10165 [10166] 10167 10168 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796879 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #152475 on: February 14, 2015, 10:11:29 am »

I find it far easier to concentrate with music on. Without music I just start hearing clocks, the fan on my computer, the wind outside and cars driving in the distance. I don't really consciously acknowledge it most of the time, but I slowly get more and more annoyed the longer I can hear them.

Weirdly I tend to run the same song in a loop for an entire day(I think my record is the same song for 3 days in a row in a constant loop), and spend the entire day doing one singular thing. I have developed associations between particular songs and TF2, Dota2, CoQ and some other games. There are even some songs that have been tainted because I was fixing some particularly annoying bugs while listening to them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152476 on: February 14, 2015, 11:05:25 am »

Be careful not to play the same music with a given series too often, at least if you're prone to forming mental links between audible and visual cues.

Seriously, it's fucking bizarre, but any time I hear a Korpiklaani song I immediately get vivid memories of the Kekkaishi chapters I was reading when I binged on the band, even though that was four or five years ago...
I'm trying to use this effect to do better in school, actually. :P Play the same music while studying, therefore when I play that music, I get in the studying mood/remember what I studied better!

Seems to be working, actually.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #152477 on: February 14, 2015, 11:06:38 am »

For me Justin Timberlake equals Black Sun Rising.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152478 on: February 14, 2015, 11:22:52 am »

Not sure where to put this, because both happy and sad/rage.

On the happy side, I finally went the the podiatrist yesterday. This should mean that my big toes won't be ingrown/infected any more soon!

On the sad/rage, the painkillers had worn off when I went to bed, so I got very little sleep last night because of the pain in my toes any time my feet were anything less than vertical. I eventually managed to fall asleep by putting on a massive music playlist and focusing on THAT instead.

Overall, it's a happy because the pain is receding and I'm hopefully going to be completely better, eventually.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152479 on: February 14, 2015, 11:39:44 am »

I learned the name of a girl I kinda like yesterday. ...Which is good since I thought it was something else :-[. Glad I haven't had a conversation with her long enough to have tried to say it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #152480 on: February 14, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

Be careful not to play the same music with a given series too often, at least if you're prone to forming mental links between audible and visual cues.

Seriously, it's fucking bizarre, but any time I hear a Korpiklaani song I immediately get vivid memories of the Kekkaishi chapters I was reading when I binged on the band, even though that was four or five years ago...
I'm trying to use this effect to do better in school, actually. :P Play the same music while studying, therefore when I play that music, I get in the studying mood/remember what I studied better!

That actually does work, but it runs into the drawback that most places don't let you play music during exams. :P

(It's also, funnily enough, one of the reasons why you are more likely to remember what you did when you were drunk if you get drunk again XD)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #152481 on: February 14, 2015, 11:58:02 am »

That actually does work, but it runs into the drawback that most places don't let you play music during exams. :P

(It's also, funnily enough, one of the reasons why you are more likely to remember what you did when you were drunk if you get drunk again XD)

I heard a story once about a guy who used to study stoned and write exams stoned. He got incredible marks, so he thought he'd try to write an exam 'sober'. He failed, badly.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152483 on: February 14, 2015, 12:05:24 pm »

If you're posting youtube links, at least write a sentence of description of what the video is.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152484 on: February 14, 2015, 12:09:38 pm »

Dah.  Obama skit for the 2012 election.  Not really political.

Maybe a cussword or drug reference or two, so use caution.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #152485 on: February 14, 2015, 01:00:18 pm »

Currently in line to get my friends' stuff signed by John Barrowman. Turns out I can only afford 3 signs but I have a scheme to distribute them
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #152486 on: February 14, 2015, 01:15:38 pm »

He charges money for his signatures?

Is that normal?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152487 on: February 14, 2015, 01:43:08 pm »

weekend is here, still horribly ill, still happy :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #152488 on: February 14, 2015, 01:58:59 pm »

I heard a story once about a guy who used to study stoned and write exams stoned. He got incredible marks, so he thought he'd try to write an exam 'sober'. He failed, badly.
Kinda reminds me of why anything sufficiently lovecraftian (or horror in general; like even a necronomicon) in nature brings up ska and punk music to mind. Since I wasn't able to play Quake with the music that came with it, it instead played music from CDs I had. Nothing like taking on elder gods and general horrorterrors to ska music. Maybe also explains why I had a blast going through the Dunwich Building in FO3. The dart gun is so OP against ghouls and deathclaws.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:05:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152489 on: February 14, 2015, 02:57:23 pm »

Yeah, but because I've ADD and a learning disability, I should be able to get the permission to listen to pre-approved music during my exams, sooo~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 10164 10165 [10166] 10167 10168 ... 13325