Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9950 9951 [9952] 9953 9954 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773272 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #149265 on: January 05, 2015, 01:31:54 am »

It works perfectly for me. T_T

Different image, same character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You tossed a 'p' onto the end of your '.jpg' there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #149266 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:08 am »

The new one was borked, then I edited it to a different one. The old one, I have no idea what the issue is since both I and Putnam can apparently see it.

Apparently I accidentally made it a jpgp and that ruined it? >_>
Thanks Dice.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149267 on: January 05, 2015, 01:34:16 am »

Yes, adding a random alphanumeric to a url will bork it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149268 on: January 05, 2015, 02:49:05 am »

Oh my god they're running Sparkster.

I loved that game as a child so much...

EDIT: i forgot they released a sequel recently, never actually saw how good that was
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:51:52 am by Putnam »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #149269 on: January 05, 2015, 07:29:50 am »

Equal parts happy and WTF: I think I managed to learn the entirety of both Krebs and Calvin-Benson cycles, enzyme names and all!

Biochemistry suc...cinates ass.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149270 on: January 05, 2015, 12:41:22 pm »

Fourth Third day of learning Spanish on Duolingo (ohoohoho, oh boy!), already lovin' it more than God-knows-how-many years of learning German at school.
(Will probably pick up the German course at some point to at least keep up at school, as much as I hate it.)

I'm far too noobish to actually write anything other than "Hola, amigos! Soy Dark! Yo no hablo espanol." here, so I will just leave you with the "skills" I've learned over the past few days here...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149271 on: January 05, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

Fourth Third day of learning Spanish on Duolingo (ohoohoho, oh boy!), already lovin' it more than God-knows-how-many years of learning German at school.
(Will probably pick up the German course at some point to at least keep up at school, as much as I hate it.)

I'm far too noobish to actually write anything other than "Hola, amigos! Soy Dark! Yo no hablo espanol." here, so I will just leave you with the "skills" I've learned over the past few days here...
We have a Spanish Thread, too~

Shameless pluuuuuug

I'll keep that in mind when I can formulate sentences that aren't about animals eating food that they technically should even be able to eat (La arana come pan...Really? I get that it's for practice and all, but still...) in present simple (or whatever the Spanish counterpart is called :T).

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149272 on: January 05, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

All I see is 'you're alone, DarkDXZ!'

Silly website, it doesn't know about his true friends/family.

Truth be told, sometimes I do feel like I'm alone, even when I'm not...
Guh, I long the day I can actually move out of here somewhere where people would actually care about me... (cough cough, Canada? A lot of my friends want to go there as well, and I wasn't even aware of it at first.)

You can be sure as hell I am gonna write about that here. Until then just look out for a thread about my trip to Spain sometime in July!

While I'm here I might as well change my avatar to a more fabulous depiction of me, by a friend I'm actually visiting. (she is the best, I'm telling you.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:56:16 pm by DarkDXZ »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #149273 on: January 05, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »

I need to get back to Duolingo.

Time, time, time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #149274 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »

Equal parts happy and WTF: I think I managed to learn the entirety of both Krebs and Calvin-Benson cycles, enzyme names and all!

Here's the next step.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #149275 on: January 05, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »

Here's the next step.

Err... yes, yes it is. Although a bit trimmed down - for instance, I only need to know sucrose and starch as far as complex saccharide synthesis is concerned. Thank fuck I'm not on Biochemistry, I would literally rather kill myself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #149276 on: January 05, 2015, 02:03:58 pm »

According to Pliny, vinegar may be employed to "slightly" ward off tornadoes at sea, by sprinkling it on the offending weather system as it approaches. I love history.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #149277 on: January 05, 2015, 02:07:30 pm »

When you're at sea and there's an unstoppable force of nature bearing down on you, you do what you can to deflect it. Slight deflections can save lives!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #149278 on: January 05, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

According to Pliny, vinegar may be employed to "slightly" ward off tornadoes at sea, by sprinkling it on the offending weather system as it approaches. I love history.

Might be related to the observation that spilling oil on the sea smooths out the waves. Which IS a thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #149279 on: January 05, 2015, 03:04:45 pm »

He claims it's because of vinegar's inherently cold nature.
Pages: 1 ... 9950 9951 [9952] 9953 9954 ... 13325