Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800455 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #148230 on: December 22, 2014, 08:29:30 pm »

Maybe acetech will come back with a few new wives?

Legithappy: I just finished the latest turn of the Halfway Haus (writing it up as we speak,) and I made steak for dinner. Much happy. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:35:59 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #148231 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:26 pm »

Been in this apartment for about a day and already I'm more at home than I ever was back at my family's house. It just needs to be a bit less cold, and the showerhead at something higher than chin height, and it'd be perfect.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #148232 on: December 22, 2014, 10:12:50 pm »

While my niece and I were playing with my Mega Blok dragons,
Spoiler: These guys (click to show/hide)
she tells me she's going to get some food for them to eat. A little puzzled by what she meant, I say ok, and she comes back with some with her stuffed animals.

Let's have them all eat the elephant first, she says, and I can't help but smile.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:29:29 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #148233 on: December 22, 2014, 10:16:08 pm »

That little girl's a keeper.

Now show her the wonders of DF.

And no, I don't care if she's really young, the young are easier to pollute educate.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148234 on: December 22, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »

Right, my computer's charge cord is still home. Herpity Derp. It's on it's way here, though...Should arrive in a day or two.

Point is, PEI AT LAST AAAGRH FUCK YOU BUS AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Also, anyone who gives a shit: I won't be on Steam until I get my charge cord.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148235 on: December 23, 2014, 12:02:39 am »

What specifically makes Adventure Time a "show for children" anyway? The fact that it's animated? The channel that primarily broadcasts it? The advertising? The plot? The subject?

I'm not exactly sure why this is a question, the show is a children's show because it is created for children, and marketed as a children's show, and referred to by it's creator as a children's show.
Ya but it has many many many ways of being an adult show. With the hidden secrets and a bunch of mature things happening.
I don't think post nuclear war waste land is a great setting for a children's show
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148236 on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:39 am »

So I was able to switch programs!

Though, uh... I have noooo idea how that'll work out for my student loans, as the applications are categorized based on which program you're in. Tuition in my new program is... like, half. The government grant alone is enough to cover what's left, and then some.

On the one hand, I would like to not be sued by the government!

On the other hand, my tuition is due on the 9th of January.

Ohgodwhy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #148237 on: December 23, 2014, 02:46:21 am »

What specifically makes Adventure Time a "show for children" anyway? The fact that it's animated? The channel that primarily broadcasts it? The advertising? The plot? The subject?

I'm not exactly sure why this is a question, the show is a children's show because it is created for children, and marketed as a children's show, and referred to by it's creator as a children's show.
Ya but it has many many many ways of being an adult show. With the hidden secrets and a bunch of mature things happening.
I don't think post nuclear war waste land is a great setting for a children's show

Everything can be a setting for a children's show, but in Adventure Time thing is that children can enjoy bright colors and smooth animation complete with simple good-bad morale, while more mature audience can enjoy plot shenanigans and pop culture references. Something like that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148238 on: December 23, 2014, 02:59:00 am »

Thanks (mostly) to the book grocer I should now have all the Christmas gifts I need to buy.
Bought some extra books for myself too, so if worst comes to worst and someone else surprises me with a gift I can just wrap one of the extras up and give that to 'em. ^_^
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #148239 on: December 23, 2014, 04:01:23 am »

Everything can be a setting for a children's show, but in Adventure Time thing is that children can enjoy bright colors and smooth animation complete with simple good-bad morale, while more mature audience can enjoy plot shenanigans and pop culture references. Something like that.
Yeah, from what I've seen, I'd place AT in the same category as Shrek (1) and Monsters Inc. - perfectly normal "children" cartoon, but with subtle adut themes that makes them watchable even if you are not <10.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #148240 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:47 am »

Thanks (mostly) to the book grocer I should now have all the Christmas gifts I need to buy.
Bought some extra books for myself too, so if worst comes to worst and someone else surprises me with a gift I can just wrap one of the extras up and give that to 'em. ^_^

I am getting at least one book, and giving multiples. Cheers!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148241 on: December 23, 2014, 04:33:12 am »

I'm surprised to learn that Kung Fu Jesus (Let's Player) has still been doing things. I don't really see too many old SA LPers doing anything new besides ChipCheezum and slowbeef/Diabeetus. Speaking of which, pokecapn's Sonic '06 LP is still comedic gold.

EDIT:
Medibot really is the star of any KFJ/pokecapn LP, though. Having one without him is like having a Freelance Astronauts LP without Pipes!. It's just not the same.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:37:05 am by AlleeCat »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #148242 on: December 23, 2014, 04:35:28 am »

Yeah, from what I've seen, I'd place AT in the same category as Shrek (1) and Monsters Inc. - perfectly normal "children" cartoon, but with subtle adut themes that makes them watchable even if you are not <10.
Exactly.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148243 on: December 23, 2014, 05:58:33 am »

The multitudinous loathsome individuals who promulgate that sesquipedalian writing is the ultimate in articulation.

Mostly because they often make asses of themselves using big words they pretend to know to look smart in hilariously wrong ways.

Language is a changing beast, yo. Don't gotta stick by overtly specific guidelines when considering word choice.

but please use punctuation right when it's important that shit's important, like come on

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148244 on: December 23, 2014, 08:07:56 am »

yeah nah you're an ampersand

THE COAT ECONOMY IS dying very fast as the amount of immigrants forces me to build a settlement every single time i haul ass to the motherland

this is hardly sustainable
Pages: 1 ... 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 ... 13325