Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9809 9810 [9811] 9812 9813 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794603 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147150 on: December 06, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »

Your family does that too?

We store all kinds of shit in our cookie tins. Electronics, sewing supplies, children's toys, interesting pebbles.
People.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147151 on: December 06, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

Shit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147152 on: December 06, 2014, 10:51:00 pm »

Went to a pathfinder session at zanzetlukens today
Much fun was had
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147153 on: December 06, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »

Say hi to Kevak from me!

(It is Kevak, right?)
Say hi to his pet foxes for me. Acquire foxy pictures.

(Its always kevak.)
Yes, I went to go meet Kevak today. Mission accomplished. Kevak, in reality, has no foxes, or if he does he did not bring them. He does have a flashlight so bright it requires a weapons license, but he also left that at home.

I'll type up a full after-action report of the trip in my next post.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147154 on: December 07, 2014, 12:25:39 am »

Was fun~

We walked a lot.

No I don't currently have foxes, I plan on getting foxes when not in CA, it's sorta illegal to own foxes in CA due to them qualifying as Exotic.

Oddly no snake is qualified as Exotic in CA.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147155 on: December 07, 2014, 12:53:11 am »

I got to watch some UFC fights tonight!

I thoroughly enjoy the carnage, even if it does make me miss the cage.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147156 on: December 07, 2014, 01:08:17 am »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #147157 on: December 07, 2014, 02:05:31 am »

First person to read through it in it's entirety gets a high five from Janet.
...Descan?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147159 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:57 am »

File: The "Santa Monica" Incident

Involved parties:
[REDACTED], alias Kevak
[REDACTED], aka HugoLuman

I woke up at precisely 7:30 AM on the morning of December 6th, 2014, to ensure I had time to prepare for the meeting and catch the first bus on the long chain of transfers that would get me to my destination. After spending most of this time eating breakfast and checking the forums, my email, and my class schedules, I grabbed my meager provisions: the printed google directions, and for activities during the commute, some finals work and a couple of sociology books.

Embarking on the first of many buses, I let the relevant people (Kevak, family, a couple friends) know that I've safely embarked. Kevak was apparently up this early due to neighbors. The bus ride went well, though I was too nervous to do any schoolwork except reading my books for fear of missing stops. However, the succeeding bus rides and the whole trip go right on schedule. Until I got to the train station. Through a combination of trains being delayed due to "emergency maintenance" (as the voice on the station speaker announced) and my own inexperience with the metro, I wound up and hour delayed. Conversely, Kevak arrived at the agreed upon meeting spot an hour early.

After calling home to find the next bus from the final trainstop, since I certainly wouldn't be catching the planned one, I relaxed a bit and actually got some of my course work done. I disembarked from the train only to realize that, though I was not at this point as late as I feared, the bus stop was nowhere to be found. There was road work going on, and they'd all been temporarily relocated a couple blocks away. What's more, the area I wandered and waited in (until a very helpful stranger told me which bus I needed) turned out to be one of the sketchier areas of the great LA urban amalgam. Fortunately, I boarded the bus with no incident and was soon on my way. This final bus met with a massive traffic jam, resulting in me arriving a full one hour later than I had hoped.

Anyway, we finally meet on the green next to the famous pier, next to the "big-ass canon" serving as public statuary. At this point, I was starting to feel like I'd accomplished a moon landing, since the meetup had made so many efforts to en route to not happen. I think he spotted me before I spotted him, but I recognized him by the clothing description and greeted him with a pseudo-Fonz-esque "Eeeey!" as he approached. The first thing that came to mind was that he was shorter than expected, and I taller than he expected. I don't really know what I was expecting, to be honest, but nonetheless he was not as expected. Certainly didn't expect his vaguely English accent, though that subsided somewhat as the day went on. Either that or I stopped noticing it.

We walked and talked down to the pier, looking for some of the local activities; there was, after all, a little theme park. However, since neither of us really cared for amusement park rides enough to spend money on them, we went off to find somewhere shady to sit (since at that point it was after 2PM and even in winter that's too-goddamn-warm-hour in Southern California). He showed me the several notebooks he'd brought, which contained meticulously detailed notes on various games, both forum and tabletop, as well as several sketches and drawings. Said notes took either the form of graph paper diagrams or incredibly dense scrawls written at various angles in such a way likely legible only to him. I, on the other hand, had brought only my lecture notebook, a couple sociology books, and an incomplete storyboard/script for a 1-minute film (for uni class) that I didn't feel much point to showing off, so I spend a lot more time listening. We also exchanged IRL names. Kevak looks exactly like his, but he tells me I look more like an actual Hugo.

After that, we decided to wander about and explore town. We meandered inland, on the way noticing some people showing off trained parrots and exotic snakes. Not too much later, we reached a mall, and Kevak decided we should look for a candy store. Though I'm not really one for candy, I figured "why not?" since candy stores have a sort of ambiance about them and it's always nice to look at the absurd amount of candy they sell for low prices and imagine the possibilities. Cue us walking in figure eights up and down the 3-story mall before we finally asked for directions (though our rambling conversation was interesting.)

Since we'd only half-understood the directions, we wandered out of the mall in the direction indicated without paying much further attention to where we were going. In fact, we nearly walked into traffic twice - on the same street even (though the incidents were separated by several minutes: I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse). There was evidently some sort of festival going on, as that particular street was choked with people and street performers (and street preachers - who Kevak apparently likes to mess with) were doing their thing. The general noise (and the fact that I was wearing a Santa hat that covered my ears) meant Kevak often had to repeat what he said.

There were also vendors and promoters standing around, giving passers by free samples and/or coupons. When one approached us, I took the coupon without looking, since that usually ends the encounter and lets you continue on your merry way. "Wait, what kind of store did she say?" Upon examination, the item turned out not only to be a coupon, but an envelope containing, according to the label, a "free safe sex kit." Not wanting to trash it within site of the vendor who'd just handed it to me, I pocketed it and immediately forgot about it.

After wandering in a wide circuit for some time, and (third time's the charm!) avoiding walking into traffic on that one street, we realized the candy store had been right on the corner there the entire time, and we'd walked right past it at least twice. Kevak still wanted his candy, and at that point, since we'd been looking for it forever, I decided I was getting some goddamn candy, even if I wasn't going to eat it all. As might be expected, the store offered a generous "by weight" deal. I bought 1/4 lbs of some kind of chewy ring-shaped candy. Kevak bought an entire pound of all kinds, mostly gummies.

Now, having acquired sweets, we set off in search of somewhere to sit and eat them. Not content with the mere benches of other places, the mall we were at before had couches, so there was clearly no other choice. At that point we realized our respective rides would get there relatively soon, so we started heading back towards the pier, taking the street on the other side of the mall since we hadn't gone that way yet. It had gotten rather dark by then (About 5:00 or so), though, and since Kevak thought it more prudent to avoid unlit areas, we took a more direct route back.

After exploring the evening pier (which had become even more crowded) a bit more, we basically just sat down and traded the photos on our phones until our rides showed up. Once again, I didn't have much. Me in Death Valley before I lost the fight against my facial hair, some lorikeets at the aquarium from the time I biked the full 30 miles there (and my ears were savaged by lorikeets), my dogs, and a dalek from a convention years ago. He had several photos of cosplayers from another con, with some rather impressive examples, including an entire gang of Deadpools.

Our rides showed up at about the same time, and that was that. I'd called my folks for a ride because I didn't want to deal with public transit again today, and wanted to get back before midnight. All in all, it was fun, but next time (if there is one) we definitely need to plan activities ahead better, and probably bring more people along.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:17:27 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147160 on: December 07, 2014, 03:37:34 am »

We definately need to plan better next time. Also we passed the candy store three times, not twice~

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147161 on: December 07, 2014, 03:54:38 am »

3/10 needs more murder

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147162 on: December 07, 2014, 04:19:25 am »

Good to see you guys had fun! I really need to stop being hopeless and catch up with all you Melbourne Bay12ers again... :-\

Anyway: I have more music happies! As in, I've stumbled across more awesome bands. Also checked out a lot of the bands I hazily remember seeing yesterday, heh. And I've made plans to see a whole heap more great bands next week- after I get paid! Gonn' be great.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #147163 on: December 07, 2014, 07:56:35 am »

Screw y'all USA...ans. When I'm in Europe I'm going to visit all the europeans Bay12ers and be a sociable human beings.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #147164 on: December 07, 2014, 08:06:12 am »

As if my parents would let me visit people I know only from the Internet :P
A few more years, and then I'll probably be able to go to meetups, woo

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 9809 9810 [9811] 9812 9813 ... 13325